Fulham FC V Southampton FC a BTripz Respite for the FA Cup

We have a table. Out back of bar.

Didnā€™t see the game but this article says he was still being booed.

Sounds like we missed a fair few chances as well. No surprise there I guess. Who knew it was so difficult to score more than once in a a game.

What a bunch of cunts!

1 Like

The booers or the players? Or both?!

1 Like

He is treating fans as theyā€™re stupid, look at his answer yet again on players coming in, on the cheap. hence he is still here.

Yet Slavisa Jokanovic has not hidden his displeasure with their transfer plans, suggesting on Friday that the club might as well sack him if his thoughts on signings continue to be ignored.

Look at the Fulham manager, he has some balls at least, this is in the same article, a cheap yes man is what we have.

That is an entirely fair assumption. Read fiverweb recently?

2 Likes

What in that guardian article particularly upset you Bazza? That he said we wanted to make a signing?

Want not will, why doesnā€™t he say he wants to but canā€™t as he has little say, a bit like the Fulham manager?

Not sure anyone in January window can say definitely will. If itā€™ true weā€™re after theo for example, weā€™ve got to pursuade him to join a relegation battle on far less money than heā€™s currently getting. Not many really good available players we can afford who arenā€™t wanted by other teams.

Walcott would join anyone temporarily as he wants a World Cup place, I not that keen at all, a loan for sure, permanent? No, Sturridge on the other hand is a far far better footballer.

Sturridge may be a more gifted player, but by the end of the season you get no more than you would out of Walcott. Iā€™d take neither.

Me & Teenage Mutant were there. We met some Sotonians, we won, met some Sotonians again and are one our way home.

An agreeable day I think

How was your day?

6 Likes

Took the kids to the park, bought a plunger and a manual carpet sweeper from Dunelm, walked the dog twice and played the ps4, absolutely rocking day, canā€™t keep up.

No may about it, Walcott is stuck in 2006.

Going to the world Cup, but not playing?

2 Likes

Keep living the dream Baz, living the dreamā€¦

:lou_wink_2:

I understand MoPeā€™s ā€œnegatitivityā€ in only making like for like substtutions.

We were battling to save the lead and his job.

The two WORRIES for me are

1. The negativity of making like for like - ie playing safe - ie once again looking to hold on rather than carve them apart on the break.

2. the fact that Lemina was way less effective than PEH had been and that Redmond ran around in circles and managed to only get near the ball once in the time he was on

So in fact the negativite substitutions reduced our effectiveness and nearly caused us to surrender the lead again.

It was a win, happy with that, but there is no doubt that there is fear in MoPeā€™s decision making right now.

Would I have done anything different?

Yes, I would have switched Boufal for Lemina FIRST not Redmond, that would have allowed him to get up to the speed of the game before he switched into PEHā€™s position.

I would almost certainly have not had Redmond on the bench let alone bring him on. Tadic may be frustrating but he does not give the ball away so easily as Redmond.

But it is a win and so Stoke get to jump ahead of us in the replacement manager stakes.

1 Like

Interesting @dubai_phil , so you would have brought off a (larger ineffective) attacking player for a defensive midfielder? Wouldnā€™t that have invited more pressure on to us?

I said druing the game that switching Boufal for Redmond was a good call, it was, Boufal was creating nothing and running down blind alleys . Redmond coming on was supposed to give us something different.

Unfortunately we were at the stage in the game where our lack of fitness (oh yes) was showing and they had brought on a speedy, tricky player who could keep the ball and who ran at us. THAT is the reason we were on the back foot, not the substitutions.

Iā€™ve read a few comments that we were sitting depe in the last 15 minutes and inviting pressure and then hoofing the ball up field. I must admit I didnā€™t see that from my TV view. Not sure if the comments were from people at the game or not!!

Get the next thread Started @btripz I have a played one win one 2018 you can also do the same