Gabbiadini signs!

Is that statement wrong? Its a gamble? If he were more prolific he would had gone to a top club playing the top money?

Its rhetorical but needs to be said, you’ll say Pelle and I’ll so Osvaldo and Ramirez.

Its the business model we’re in AND if they’re good we’ll sell them on for a profit and start the gamble again as its our business model as we can’t retain them as we don’t pay the money.

1 Like

No it doesn’t but it sure as shit lowers the odds of failure, buy all stars you’ll win eventually.

Bale or Ronaldo anyone?

Or go broke.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Originally posted by @BTripz

He is hardly prolific, a gamble but one we have to take as assured quality is not our business model.

Crap sake Barry, any player purchase is a gamble. Torres worked out well for Chelsea, Carrol worked out well for 'pool, Veron for United, di Maria for United, load of City players.

Spending more doesn’t guarentee a player will work for you.

No it doesn’t but it sure as shit lowers the odds of failure, buy all stars you’ll win eventually. Bale or Ronaldo anyone?

Or go broke.

Of course you could go broke but I’m not advocating that course, I am saying our business model is also a risk and we should buy players not solely within the moneyball bracket as if that fails we’re also screwed.

Madrid and all the big clubs will never go, we obviously could BUT my point was under our current business model we are not going to improve our League position as we don’t pay enough, look how many players we’ve lost recently to this or the old ambition rubbish.

Koeman for starters.

1 Like

We reportedly offered him £86K per week.

We have broken our club record fee and spent £30+ million on 2 players.

Our wage bill already eats up a huge % of our income.

From what I can see the only other thing we can do to create happy Barry World is buy someone old but good with no resale value and hope that they do well.

Fuck that.

4 Likes

Let me get this right. Players wouldn’t leave us for Manchester United or Liverpool if we paid them more?

:lou_facepalm_2:

You’re not too far from the truth as what do we benefit from this system in the long term?

Napoli are a far far bigger club than Southampton so why did Gabbiadini sign?

Absolutely 100% correct.

1 Like

Napoli are a far far bigger club than Southampton so why did Gabbiadini sign?

Cos he couldn’t get a game at Napoli

You’re not too far from the truth as what do we benefit from this system in the long term? Napoli are a far far bigger club than Southampton so why did Gabbiadini sign?

Because he fell out with them because they wouldn’t play him in his preferred position, apparently.

Oh you mean we offered him a fuckton load of money??

1 Like

Compared to his current contract and he is in the shop window for a bigger move.

Can’t be that cos bazza says “we have money to spend but don’t spend it.”

So if he improves us our model is working?

For sign and sell yes as a business model, for a footballing one? Of course not.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Let me get this right. Players wouldn’t leave us for Manchester United or Liverpool if we paid them more?

:lou_facepalm_2:

Absolutely 100% correct.

If you say so Barry.

Barry’s phrase of the day - “Business Model”.

Let’s start a sweepstake on how many times he’ll trot it out in 24 hours.

1 Like

Not as many as ‘assured quality’ or ‘dead in the water’.

2 Likes

Specualtion buys based upon years of reaearch from the black box or 2 tranfer windows ahead may have to make a visit to the table.

No idea. Anyone?

2 Likes

The statement I may pull out the bag today alongside “dead in the water” and “assured quality”.