šŸ—£ Gigs

Jake Bugg tomorrow and recording of The Last Leg on Friday.

Went to The Wedgewood Rooms last night to see ā€œAn Evening with Ian McCullochā€.

This was about the 25th time I had seen him , in all his guises and it was great to hear him do all the old tunes solo, just accompaning himself on accoustic.

However, I wonā€™t be rushing to see him do stand-up, as I think the brandy won.

1 Like

Quite enjoyed Jake Bugg last night in some small warehouse in Shoreditch. His new stuff a bit more dance like in areas.

Grimes tonight @ Brixton.

I fully expect an army of dancers, glitter and unicorns.

So tonight I was in the audience for The Last Leg courtesy of SRO audiences. I hadnā€™t seen any ads so it was a very pleasant surprise to see Richard Ayoade :heart_eyes:

All recorded live so interesting to see it from that perspective. Queen v Murdoch wrestle was ridiculous but the whole audience refused to cheer Murdoch.

Only issue with the tickets is you arenā€™t guaranteed entry.

1 Like

SO ACHINGLY COOL X

Originally posted by @Goatboy

SO ACHING FOR COCK X

Do you think you should have contributed to the Friday drinking thread, goat?

1 Like

If I could have found it.

1 Like

Just bagged our tickets for Beautiful Days in August.

The line-up doesnā€™t really bother me as itā€™s a cracking weekend anyway, but for anyone considering it:

LEFTFIELD / JAMES / LEVELLERS / AFRO CELT SOUND SYSTEM / THE CORAL / THE PROCLAIMERS / MARIACHI EL BRONX / GENTLEMANā€™S DUB CLUB / REEF / SHARON JONES AND THE DAP KINGS / TERRORVISION / DREADZONE / BILLY BRAGG / BAABA MAAL / EZRA FURMAN / THE DAMNED / SETH LAKEMAN / MARTIN CARTHY / TODDLA T / DJ HYPE / LOADS MORE

3 Likes

The line-up doesnā€™t really bother me as itā€™s a cracking weekend anyway, but for anyone considering it:

LEFTFIELD / JAMES / LEVELLERS / AFRO CELT SOUND SYSTEM / THE CORAL / THE PROCLAIMERS / MARIACHI EL BRONX / GENTLEMANā€™S DUB CLUB / REEF / SHARON JONES AND THE DAP KINGS / TERRORVISION / DREADZONE / BILLY BRAGG / BAABA MAAL / EZRA FURMAN / THE DAMNED / SETH LAKEMAN / MARTIN CARTHY / TODDLA T / DJ HYPE / LOADS MORE

What time are you picking me up?

2 Likes

Anyone going to see Field Music at The Engine Rooms on Saturdayā€¦I need a chaperone.

Great line up.

Loads More faded after their second album though.

When is it?

19th-21st August.

Link here:

http://www.levellers.co.uk/news/beautiful-days-news

Ā£150 ish but gates open at 1pm on the Thursday and you can take in as much booze as you like! Prices for booze/food inside are very reasonable too. Ottery Brewery do the beer tents (it is just outside Ottery St Mary) and the food is wicked.

It always sells out and the numbers are always the same so itā€™s smoothly run. Bugger all queues, clean loos, family friendly but plenty to keep the naughty ones occupied :lou_wink_2:

Tempted.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Tempted.

Normally around 20 of us so you wonā€™t be lonely!

Field Music at The Engine Room last night were on top formā€¦great gig. If you get a chance to see them they are well worth the botherā€¦should be playing to a far larger audienceā€¦about 500 last night.

BTW I donā€™t think I was the oldest there. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

Nice.

I saw them at Glasto in 2010, I think. Enjoy the new stuff Iā€™ve heard. Would be up for seeing them there again this year.

1 Like

Had Crossfaith on Thursday at the Wedgewood Rooms, Seething Akira last night at The Hobbit and itā€™s Heck tonight at The Joiners.

Can this run of epic gigs never end, please? / Oh god it hurts, make it stop!

Heck were epic tonight. They always are. Simply the most chaotic band in the land and a perfect way to wrap up a whirlwind four days.

A few picsā€¦

Crossfaith:

Crossfaith

Heck:

Heck

Heck

4 Likes

Currently listening to Weezer and getting very excited for seeing them tonight.

13 year old me is going to completely lose his shit.

1 Like