šŸ—£ Gigs

I saw Muse at Wembley in 2010. The support was Biffy Clyro and frankly it was tough to call who was best, but both blew me away. Wembley is far from my favourite but it was full and rocking.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @KRG

Theyā€™ve just turned into Queen do do Conspiracy theories.

True of ā€˜The Resistanceā€™ and the virtually-unlistenable ā€˜The 2nd Lawā€™, but ā€˜Dronesā€™ has won me back.

Muse were my favourite band for a good decade or so. Probably saw them circa 8 or 10 times. Given how strong their latest album is, I secured presale tickets for one of the 2016 gigs at The O2. Will be the first time Iā€™ve seen them in quite a stretch!

Got some Muse tickets today as well and we briefly considered a trip up to Edinburgh for the Biffy Clyro on NYE.

I won some tickets for the itunes festival this weekend. Probably best to let people guess which singer/band. Althogh if you guess right and like them, and live in London you may be lucky as I have spare.

Have seen some cracking stuff at the itunes festival but feel itā€™s a shame theyā€™ve now gone to 2 weeks in september instead of 4 weeks in the summer.

I also now have a spare for Ride at Brixton.

1 Like

if you are interested in behind the scenes of a music venue I recommend:

Live at Brixton academy

Having worked in much tamer venues it still made me a bit nostaligic.

Went and saw Wolf Alice at Brixton on Saturday. Only really went as a mate is quite into them, and I like Drenge* who were support.

I went in a bit baffled at Wolf Aliceā€™s success. I donā€™t think they are bad at all, just a bit average, though I suppose fairly radio-friendly. I guess having a few plays on Radio 1 can really make a huge difference.

I came out, pretty much feeling the same. I enjoyed Wolf Alice, they were decent enough. But still donā€™t get the hype, couldnā€™t help but feel thereā€™s just something Iā€™m missing.

Drenge were cracking, and unbelievably loud, as always.

*Edit: Just realised, going to a gig for the supprot act is a bit Hipster, isnā€™t it? Probably shouldnā€™t mention the long hair, beard or that Iā€™m an East London resident. Iā€™m going to get a whole load of hate thrown my way.

No, just corn flakes.

1 Like

WP, Fowllyd. WP.

I have an extensive range of reasonably-priced cereals on offer should you feel the need to arrive early enough to watch the support again.

2 Likes

I was at this one as well and fully agree. 2 superb live acts, who on the day, where on top of their game. Going to see Biffy at Edinburgh on New Yearā€™s Eve.

I got very excited when I got an email telling me about some Super Furry Animals gigs. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. However, when I looked, it seems they are merely supporting Noel Gallaghers band. I donā€™t want to see him/them. I dont want to go to a massive stadium type venue and I donā€™t want to pay huge amounts of money - but mostly I dont want to see Noel Gallagher. How fucking dare Ents24 send me an email proclaiming that SFA are on tour. They are supporting! Thats different. I feel cheated, angry, confused, hurt and disappointed.

2 Likes

I saw Muse supported by Biff Clyro in Madridā€¦that was an epic weekend away with the lads.

1 Like

Saw The Bohicas on Monady. They are alright, I like them, but they are hopelessly generic. Struggle to see them having a great future.

Off to Hot Chip @ Brixton tonight. Very excited to get my shuffling boots on :lou_lol:

I have got Reel big Fish tonight in Newcastle! Cannot wait.

1 Like

Haha nice, havenā€™t thought about them in years!

Saw them at Sonisphere in 2014, they are just good fun silly band, but all good stuff!

Saw Ride last week - forgot my proper camera. Worth the 20 odd year wait. Even the other half who didnā€™t know any of their stuff enjoyed it. Great musicians.

1 Like

We tried to get tickets (other half like NG) but I wanted to see SFA. Hadnā€™t been a great fan but luckily got paid to see them one at the Guildhall and loved them. Saw them at Victorious festival - one of my friends really did not enjoy them.

I was a film student in Newport in the mid 90ā€™s. Newport (south wales) and not New York, or even IOW it was a bit of a cultural backwater. A friend talked me into seeing a Junior Wells gig in town at a small hotel venue. Maybe 15-20 people there and a small guy watching in the corner, he got on stage towards the end. The small guy being Van Morrison and played out the last 30 mins. Strange but amazing night.

Just watched three early albums with Gary Numan at The Forum this week - for a moment I was 16 again, listening to the soundcheck down the side of The Gaumont, buying singles in the corner of the bus station, and watching Phil Boyer bang in the goals.

It was cool.

3 Likes

Just landed 2 X Stone Roses tickets for Manchester in June 2016. Will have to be pretty good to top the Heaton Park gigs but still woohoo. Never thought I would get them. Sold out in an hour this morning!

Just happened to be cutting up a lemon!

1 Like