Goodbye Europa - I never loved you

Man, that one fan they kept cutting to on TV, the glum looking clown in the face paint and hat. Was that one of you cunts trolling Turkish?

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Originally posted by @Fatso

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Why? What a positively mundane action, I want more and I want more honesty, the tried and tested

“We’re ready to bounce back”

“The fans deserve better”

“We’re in this together”

“The lads in training were great”

“Its coming together”

Shit has been trotted out to fans who lap it up for a generation, fuck that be honest and say it was shite.

define generation

5 years

Posts of the year from Fatso and CB there…

Well I’m feeling pretty miserable to be honest. That was our one big chance to secure a half-decent knock-out tie in Europe and quite possibly against some very prestigious opposition (Ajax, Roma etc.) that would be taking the match seriously (unlike the 1/3-full San Siro where Inter’s fans were quite forgivably not arsed).

I’m gutted and I’m not going to pretend otherwise.

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Originally posted by @Fatso

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Why? What a positively mundane action, I want more and I want more honesty, the tried and tested

“We’re ready to bounce back”

“The fans deserve better”

“We’re in this together”

“The lads in training were great”

“Its coming together”

Shit has been trotted out to fans who lap it up for a generation, fuck that be honest and say it was shite.

define generation

5 years

Disagree? Prove him wrong.

She was a bitch and treated us like shit.

I’m so over her.

1 Like

Found it hard to get excited about the league set up but was looking forward to the knock out stages. Oh well, at least we did better than last year and it was cool plying Inter Milan. It will be interesting to see what happens in January. JRod needs to go out on loan and Shlong really, really needs a goal. We seem to lose the plot at this time of year. Still have the semi finals to look forward to. If we roll the dippers over this will soon be forgotten.

Can you see that? Optimism is all well and good but we’re playing shit, can’t score and are playing some of the most negative football I can ever recall, its awful to watch.

Inter was good fun but the fact their fans didn’t give a hoot did take a lot of the shine off it (not that I blame them).

I was hoping for us to go up against big European club that filled out their stadium and wanted to win as much as we did - and if we were narrowly beaten in a hotly-contested match over two legs - fine. We’re not going to do anything in the league - so our best bet was to muddle along, keep the relegation-zone at arm’s-length and keep our powder dry for Europe and the cups.

TBH I’d be happy with top 7 or 8 and no trophies as long as we got back to our attractive, attacking philosophy and were earning respect from our peers.

At the moment I feel a bit embarrassed and imagining that the whole of Europe are thinking were a bunch of muppets, who were punching above our weight and got found out … by an Israeli team no less.

We’ve worked hard to build up our reputation as being the ‘real deal’… would be gutted if we threw it away in one season

I’ve seen us play some good football this season srs. Better than Koeman football. I’m not sure the passive gash that’s been a bit prevalent recently, is exactly what Puel is aim for. I think he’s got problems with the composition of midfield + forward play just at moment, but I ain’t yet give up on him Getting It Right.

11 Likes

We’ll always have Milan.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

We’ll always have Milan.

The build up was absolutely amazing but the lack of attendence/atmosphere from the home end and the disappointing (and undeserved) result did put a dampener on it.

Still, at the time everyone was fairly comforted by the thought that we’d surely still qualify from the group and earn ourselves at least one more big away trip to look forward to, against a very respectable team from a very decent city to visit. Given the seedings, we’d probably have had one of Roma, Zenit, Fenerbahce, Schake, Ajax or Fiorentina had we got through last night.

Lose to any of them by the odd goal and as long as we showed a good bit of fight, we’d have bowed out with our heads held high.

We fucked up. No sugar-coating it.

I know it does not fit your doom-laden statements from the armchair, but the atmosphere against Milan was excellent and against Everton it was very good.

Errmmm, that was Turkish. He was glum because he left his half-and-half scarf at the checkout in Waitrose.

5 Likes

I’m not sure how he knows to be honest, he never goes!

1 Like

Good to hear RB… I don’t feel so bad about telling you she’s seeing Pochettino now.

She didn’t hang about did she … the fuckin’ Jezebel

4 Likes

You’d have her back

Not after she’s been under the patio this long.

1 Like

Ooh-err, RB’s going all Fred West on us.

Originally posted by @SO5-4BW

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

She was a bitch and treated us like shit.

I’m so over her.

You’d have her back

I miss her already, and I’ve heard she is big fan of Disney memorabilia, someone told me all we need is a Mickey Mouse cup and she will take us back.