Groningen vs Saints friendly

Reed hits the bar.

Hesketh kooks busy and tidy.

McQueen hasn’t made the most of his opportunity.

Just taking a break from studying to look at the game - was going to ask what kind of a heinous assualt a player would have had to have carried out to get a red card in a pre-season friendly.

Or a Roger Profonosaurus for a turd!!

Oi!Berk looks good.

Austin scores.

Austin scores with a header from a Hesketh cross.

Saint one up.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Austin scores.

Yep clean as a whistle…off the post and goal keeper. :lou_wink_2:

The youngsters look much tidier.

1 Like

Two yellows, Tramp’.

Second one for a pullback on Redmond (I think) as he was running towards goal.

Letter of the law and all that, but yeah, in a preseason friendly both teams only get any value with eleven v eleven.

2 Likes

He might as well have. I think he has just touched the ball for the 1st time in the 2nd half with 10 mins to go!!

1 Like

Sure.

Meh… Maybe we’ll learn a thing or two playing the role of the ‘battering ram’ up against the ‘park-the-bus’ opponent who are down to 10 and playing for the 0-0.

1 Like

that was a bit shit.

hesketh looked decent when he came on.

Game over.

Saints won one nil - Charlie Austin header.

From the youngsters I thought Isgrove and Hesketh impressed, oh and Reed has come back this season looking gingerer.

Thought Tadic and Redmond link up play on the edge of the box looked promising. Would expect that to be an important partnership for us this year.

4 wins out of 4 in preseason so far.

Looking forward to this season. Starting 11:

Forster

Cedric, Fonte, VVD, Bertrand

Højbjerg, Romeu, Davis

Redmond, Long, Tadic

Bench from: McCarthy, Yoshi, Targett, JRod, Austin, Clasie, JWP, Reed, Hesketh, McQueen, Martina, Gardos

The U23 / 21 / 18 (or whatever they are called nowadays) teams should be well prepared ahead of their season.

A bit of a worry about how much game time the majority of our starting Xl are getting ahead of the season :grimacing:

1 Like

The problem is, that it seems most of the attacks are going to come from overlapping FBs but when they cross only Long is likely to win a header, and he’s not tall. The rest are knee high to a grasshopper!!

There were times today when the FB’s were the furthest forward players. Won’t take long for PL managers to suss out the diamond and FB play and play into the space behind the high playing line FB’s with pace on breakaways…

1 Like

Thought we looked in control of game throughout.

We are too slow in build up play and by the time the forward gets it he has back to goal and lays it back for it to be circulated again. Long is best running to ball ov the top but we look reluctant to do this.

Charlie is going to be poacher we have needed for sometime but we need a fully fit and running JRod or somebody similar. Redmond seems more comfortable as a winger.

Good little workout

‘Highlights’ here…

The policeman from Allo Allo gives his reaction.

Fuck me this is going to be hard work this season.

I’ve twice listened to the updates on Rodriguez, Davis and Bernard and have no idea what he says…

2 Likes

Jean Paul et Claude dan le jardin

Is about all I can make out

2 Likes