Hampshire Cricket 2016

On a cheerier note, seeing Richards and Greenidge in their prime was something else - drop something short outside the off stump and Gordon could execute anyone at square point, when he hit the ball it stayed hit.

Happy days.

4 Likes

Get your final cricket fix on the BBC website - Middlesex currently need to take two wickets in five overs to win the title…

Yup - perspective.

Negatives - Hamza Ali & Carberry miles more important than anything else, then the injuries to Topley And Fidel which probably sealed our fate in April. Then the fact that the club (ok Bransgrove) doesn;t seem to give a toss about the proper stuff, just T20 (and we were crap at that this year). Also the feeling that we’re not a happy ship behind the scenes (metaphors are my second favourite thing to mix after drinks)

Positives - Alsop & McManus. Here’s a leg-side stumping to cheer us up. A bit

https://twitter.com/GripGripCricket/status/753328857718063106?lang=en-gb

2 Likes

Middlesex just won the title with a hat trick.

That is pretty cool!

5 Likes

ah, fucksticks.

still, it’s the football seaon now… :lou_smiley:

1 Like

Technically not a hat trick - three wickets in three balls but from different bowlers

Shame for Somerset.

On the other hand - sod’em

It was - Toby Roland-Jones took a wicket with last ball of his over, and then two with the first two balls of his next.

good name, but it’s not Forbes Phillips-Masterson

1 Like

Ah yes - I was confused by Finn taking one with the last ball of his over - apologies

Forbes Phillipson Masters! - the best midfield we ever had!

Ooh err…

That could be the greatest of all great escapes

BBC Solent Sport@ solentsport 27m27 minutes ago

# HantsCricket: Hampshire could get a reprieve from relegation if Durham are docked points for receiving financial support from the ECB

2 Likes

Mmmmm.

Sounds like cricket clubs are starting to follow the business model of football.

1 Like

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/durham-could-face-points-deduction-72rkvppw2

Its the TImes (so some of the story is of course hidden) but confirms the Hants CC tweet

1. BBC Solent Sport@ solentsport 41s42 seconds ago

BRANSGROVE: “I do feel though that any of us that played Durham when they were being supported were at a disadvantage.”

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

BBC Solent Sport@ solentsport 1m1 minute ago

BRANSGROVE: “I don’t want to see the back of Durham. I’ve got no problem with ECB doing what they need to do to support the situation.”

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

BBC Solent Sport@ solentsport 3m3 minutes ago

BRANSGROVE: "I’m sure that Kent will say that they should be promoted, but I think that under the rules of two going down, we should stay up

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

BBC Solent Sport@ solentsport 4m4 minutes ago

BRANSGROVE: “I feel sympathy for Durham. I think that if they’re penalised, that relegation is the right move for them.” # cricket

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

BBC Solent Sport@ solentsport 6m6 minutes ago

LISTEN: @ HantsCricket chairman Rod Bransgrove says Hampshire should stay up if Durham are penalise… https://audioboom.com/boos/5097636-listen-hantscricket-chairman-rod-bransgrove-says-hampshire-should-stay-up-if-durham-are-penalised-for-financial-difficulties … via @ audioBoom

2 Likes

Mahoosive news :-

3 Likes

More here

3 Likes

Now THAT’s what you call a Great Escape.

Woo hoo

3 Likes

Sky Sports News HQ@ SkySportsNewsHQ 7m7 minutes ago

BREAKING: @ DurhamCricket relegated to @ CountyChamp Division Two after accepting £3.8m rescue payment from ECB. # SSNHQ

BREAKING: @ hantscricket to remain in @ CountyChamp Division One following @ DurhamCricket’s relegation. # SSNHQ

2 Likes

Assume that will affect their allocation of test/ODI’s next year. Maybe Ageas will get a test Match for a change?

2 Likes

Just delays the inevitable to next season I guess…

1 Like

As part of a £2m write off Durham have lost test holding capabilities, but not ODI or T20

Within the package, the ECB Board has agreed to set off £2 million of the club’s existing debt to the ECB after the club accepted it would no longer be eligible to apply to stage Test Match cricket at Emirates Riverside. The club will continue to be eligible to host one-day international and T20 international cricket.

But do you really think the ECB will give Test cricket to Bransgrove??

Originally posted by @BTripz

But do you really think the ECB will give Test cricket to Bransgrove??

Depends on whether he matches the financial deal that ECB lost with Durham. Have to assume the other Venues are already blocked for next year, not sure Cardiff get a good ROI on their investment either

Also depends IF he can make the financial deal,

Do think next year we will be better, the youngsters are coming on and we will have a new coach,

1 Like