HELP! Get Brewdog's licence approved by Southampton council

What’s going on here? This thread is weird.

weve got new member, Lakepipe, who has only posted twice on this forum and both times about licences for bars on this thread and both times very soon before or after ant. And then we have ant who has, if you don’t mind me saying, a rather unhealthy interest in getting this pub open. I mean, come on, who attends planning permission meetings at 8pm at night with their girlfriend unless they have a vested interest?

Ant, it’s time to divulge your true interest in all of this and what your relationship with Lakepipe is.

2 Likes

I have no connection with Brewdog [other than liking their product and bars] and have no idea who Ant is other than he has a like interest in Brewdog which I picked up on a Google search whilst trying to find out how the Brewdog council application was going. In my opinion, the only weird thing here is the accusation that there is the whiff of corruption which is just plain daft. I posted after Ant because I was alerted to his post in a thread I had subscribed to. Anyway, why on earth am I explaining myself to you Fatso? Pffft!

3 Likes

Ah, amazing - I get to take part in my own Dune/Barry Sanchez mix-up, with the implication of creating fake accounts. :cool:

I haven’t the faintest idea who Lakepipe is, though I like the cut of their gib. Hadn’t actually noticed that their only posts were the above. I would agree that that is a little odd. Especially bumping this thread a week after I last posted.

[EDIT] Oh, explained above as I was posting. Seems plausible. This thread does come up as the 4th result on Google for “Brewdog Southampton”.

Trying different craft beers is a hobby of mine. According to my Untappd profile (fill your boots - 998 and counting), I’ve tried 63 different Brewdog beers. I am a fan of their beer. Drinking beer is a pastime that I very much enjoy. I have been to 5 different Brewdog bars in the past 18 months and 2 of the Craft Beer Co’s establishments (a separate company, but very similar atmosphere/ethos).

Ergo I’d very much like one of these bars on the doorstep for my friends and I. I’m fed up of paying the best part of a fiver for fizzy piss in Bedford Place when it could so easily be different. Is that too difficult to understand?

6 Likes

Interesting…“both” posters reply with 6 minutes of each other

6 Likes

I wish I could type that quickly! Looks like I’ve replied within a minute of you, Fatso. Are we the same person too?

This is brilliant, thanks for the morning’s entertainment. :lou_is_a_flirt:

Classic diversion tactics. Very clever.

2 Likes

Plainly cleverer than you Fatso old boy… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ah, now the insults.

Make sure you remember whose turn it is to reply next…although I wouldnt be surprised if Lakepipe disappeared once the planning permission went through.

And pap better hope that Lorraine B*****r doesn’t find out that she is being libelled on this site. I remember when Boj got sued by club steward after he found out that forum members had been spreading accusations about him and his poor stewarding on SWF.

Given that I’ve PM-ed Lakepipe about this and received a reply, either I’m having a gravely serious episode of split personality here or you’re continuing to make yourself look a little daft.

Fair point about fully naming and I’ve edited my post to suit. Although I wouldn’t consider any of my comments libellous.

Also a large flaw in your logic has occurred to me - if I had a vested interest in the planning permission, why on earth would I give up on the meeting and go home rather than wait it out and take to the floor?

And, just for you who arent anti trans gender, sex workers and the homeless, be aware of who you invite into your town

All this talk of wanting people to invest in Brewdog may help explain some of heavy advertising their products are getting here.

Here is the offedning video, but if you watch it, it is at your own risk.

2 Likes

Because Lakepipe was there?

Originally posted by @Fatso

And, just for you who arent anti trans gender, sex workers and the homeless, be aware of who you invite into your town

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brewdog-brewery-founders-hit-back-in-row-over-transphobic-promotional-video-a2928876.html

All this talk of wanting people to invest in Brewdog may help explain some of heavy advertising their products are getting here.

Not cool. Not cool at all. I actually didn’t know about this.

That said - and without wanting to defend that ad in any shape or form - I’d say that actions and beliefs are more significant than an ill-advised campaign. Any hard evidence that the founders are transphobic?

Originally posted by @ant

Also a large flaw in your logic has occurred to me - if I had a vested interest in the planning permission, why on earth would I give up on the meeting and go home rather than wait it out and take to the floor?

Because Lakepipe was there?

Plausible… If I knew who the hell they are.

Three people signed up to speak in support (myself being the final of those). At the time I left, the two supporters prior to myself had crossed their names out. Presumably because they left for the same reasons I did. If you didn’t sign up before the meeting started, you weren’t allowed to speak.

Nice try. Go again.

1 Like

The people who crossed their names off may have left after finding out about Brewdog’s anti transgender agenda.

transgender agenda.

transgenda

1 Like

Wow, a conspiracy theory about a new poster… Exciting!

wow, a new poster found us through google… Exciting!!

5 Likes

Pap in letting any old googler in scandal. #mailonline

2 Likes

Leaving aside the major disconnect between target audience vs appropriate promotional material, this Brewdog malarkey looks a bit SoDoSoPa to me.

4 Likes

New micro pub in Portswood.

Thought this might be interesting here.

#iamlakepipe

4 Likes

Good news 'bletch. I am, of course, slightly afraid of replying to your post, especially promptly, as I might now be accused of being you. Anyway, all hail the microbrewery…

2 Likes