I was an overpaid footballer. Get me out of here

You are fine to watch it but please don’t vote for anything - not until you’ve spoken to one of us.

There are some women who don’t watch this rubbish (me!), or the singing show on ITV or Big Brother. Although I do like strictly and went to see The Voice final being filmed. So not entirely immune. I don’t even watch soaps anymore. Some of us grow out of it.

God I just had a flash back of a family holiday to the outter hebrides where my mum just watched soaps and Britains got Talent all the time. It was a long week.

1 Like

That started so well…

1 Like

What for? Am I going to get told that Nigel Farage is a Scarlett fan too, and if I vote for her, I’m just like him? :lou_lol:

1 Like

Wayne comes across as a sweet, sensitive soul. Bless him.

He won’t last long then…

Chelsea start a sex investigation and Wayne Bridge wants Terry Suspended

So, as a compromise which allows me to watch football, I have been watching this years “I’m a Celebrity”.

I have to say, Bridgey comes across as a lovely, lovely bloke, and is a great advert for footballers.

Nice but dim, was my view. Didn’t see a lot. Could certainly see how people might have rung rings around him.

What is about Saints and our ability to develop thick left backs.

Bridge, Shaw, Targett

Come on now. You can’t blame Shaw for thinking he was going to a successful club.

Morgs? Defo. Shaw, nope.

Haha…you’re just as naive as Bridgey Pap if you think any of our players were lured away by the promise of success. :lou_wink_2:

I thought they all went to better their careers and play Champions League football :lou_eyes_to_sky:

That went well-not.

Aye, some would say Morgan’s career has gone backward since he went there, 2 appearances this season, either he’s injured or Mourhino doesn’t rate him.

Still I suppose he’s got a nice house in Chesire’s golden triangle.

Let me see…would they have readily signed up for Leicester with CL football or Man U without?

Hmmm let me think for a nano-second. :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

You’re sooooo cynical

Did you leave her there? (would have been the humane thing to do)

Interesting that when Shaw went to United, Mourino at Chelsea pulled out of signing him because he stated he couldn’t justify paying an unproven 18 year old 100,000 quid a week because he would have established players knocking his door down demanding parity. Despite the fact that Chelsea would have been Shaw’s first choice, due to the fact that he was a supporter since childhood. Sadly i think that Shaw, although never having to worry about money ever again, has probably reached his career peak. His best, exciting days were as a kid at Saints, will never recapure that. The next few years will probably see him going from club to club, likely ending up at somewhere like West Brom or Stoke. From a career point of view should probably have stayed at Saints, but of course he wouldn’t be as rich. Let’s hope other’s are watching and taking note!

A mantra thats been repeated for years… yet they never take note… as they are usually a bit dim and listen to agents…