India v England - 5th Test (16th to 20th December 2015)

732-6 India’s highest score in test cricket.

England out on their feet, Karun Nair going for 300 runs which he’ll get soon.

I’m sure as soon as he does Kohli will declare and we’ll be 4 down by stumps.

750 up, Jadeja 50 up

Jadeja out, 51, 754-7, batsmen crossed

Karun on strike on 299*

303* for Karun Nair

India declare 759-7

England players all congratulate Nair, they now have to navigate 6 overs this evening!

1 Like

Apparently Cook dropped Nair when he was on 32, bet he feels a right tit now.

Stumps, 5 overs bowled at England, 12-0

Trail by 270 runs, where’s Atherton when you need him?

Seven hundred?

Ouch!

That’s gotta hurt.

Yeah. They got sunburnt.

2 Likes

Two quick wickets, there goes Dawson for 0 - and there goes another test in the next hour…

#dominoes

Not pizza.

FFFS

Test Match Special@ bbctms 4m4 minutes ago

The countdown is on ⏱ India need two wickets. England need to bat. 53 minutes remaining.

Broad out, 207-9, 40 mins remaining.

Fair play to Braod he walked but he may not have survived a review.

Less than an hour… :astonished:

All over, 207 all out.

Fucking pathetic.

Lol

This is the issue with sub continent and cricket really as a whole, you are supposed to make a playable wiccket to all and not solely the home nation, the best way to resolve this is to have a groundsman from the England camp in the Indian one and vice versa for tests.

But isn’t that what home advantage is all about, producing wickets that suit your talents?

Vaughan says we lost the series because of the lack of a world class spinner, he seems to ignore the fact that our batsmen kept playing stupid shots and got themselves out. Yes the spinners put the pressure on but we gave our wickets away cheaply.

No as far I understand the wicket has to be prepapred for both sides, of course that never happens, we water pitches for green for seam and Indians bake theirs to a dust bowl for spin and turn, you could argue thats fair but as a spectacle its boring.

The only ground where I’ve seen this done is Lords which is why the Australians (almost) always beat us there.

I get your point about spectacle, TBF the Indians are a good team but the reason they are number 1 in the world is their home form, 5-0 whitewahes at home, close defeats away from home!

1 Like