Indispensable apps

I was asked to that once for a friend, but I just couldn’t do it :frowning:

Well, let’s see if my theory on the suggestions thread is correct.

1 Like

all good in the hood now fowllyd

Maybe we should have a standard post for when this happens.

I have apps on my phone and tablet but none of them are indespensible…

Save maybe MX Player to keep the kids happy

Why not Kodi? It’s what I use to watch stuff on my tablet.

The only app I’ve downloaded so far on my relatively new iPad is one for reading old Google books.

I now prefer reading books on the iPad to reading them on kindle, although I haven’t yet been able to test whether this is still the case outdoors in bright sunshine.

MX Player is simple and basic, don’t need nothing more as I’m only playing local content, not streaming or nuffink…

So did you give yourself a sympathy bang?

Originally posted by @JBoy

Originally posted by @Bearsy

lol yeah, AND THEN I REALISED IT WAS MY REFLECTION IN SHOP WINDOW

So did you give yourself a sympathy bang?

He does already, at least 3 times a day…

At risk of taking this thread too seriously, I find these apps pretty bloody useful:

**CCleaner ** - my ailing Nexus 4 only has 8GB of storage. This makes it easy to spring clean it and supposedly speeds things up too.

**Dropbox ** - instantly backs up my photos.

**MyFitnessPal ** - is hopefully nudging me towards decent health, despite playing 'gotta catch ‘em all’ with the world of craft beer.

**Pushbullet ** - sends all mobile notifications to my PC’s browser. Also allows easy pushing of links or files in both directions.

SoundHound - “What the hell is that song called?” or rather, phrases I don’t utter any more.

**Unified Remote ** - allows me to use my phone as a sort of wireless PC mouse. Handy when the laptop’s plugged into the TV and I can’t be arsed to get up.

WhatsApp - previously used for chatting to lots of nice ladies, but now that I’ve settled down it’s basically just useful for seeing when people have read my messages but can’t be bothered to reply. Little known tip: you can view your messages and respond via web.whatsapp.com on a PC.

Anyone tried vivino? Take a picture of the label of a wine bottle and it will somehow recognise it and then return reviews, tasting notes and average prices.

Is there one like that available for random women?

1 Like