Infantino wants 48 team world cup final

Makes you wonder if eventually they will do away with most of the qualifying and just go for one big competition. Pah.

16 more teams capable of embarrassing England every 4 years.

Great

2 Likes

BigSport@ BigSportGB 12m12 minutes ago

Exclusive look at the new 2026 World Cup Panini album…

5 Likes

Sky Sports News HQ@ SkySportsNewsHQ 4m4 minutes ago

BREAKING: @ ScottishFA welcomes World Cup expansion: This is a positive step, particularly for smaller nations. # SSNHQ

Sky Sports News HQ@ SkySportsNewsHQ 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: European Club Association strongly criticises FIFA 48-team World Cup decision. # SSNHQ

Sky Sports News HQ@ SkySportsNewsHQ 2m2 minutes ago

BREAKING: ECA: Decision based on political reasons rather than sporting ones. http://skysports.tv/Qc5ISK # SSNHQ

Apparently the maximum number of games a team can play will still remain at 7.

So England’s maximum will remain at 3…

2 Likes

they mentioned on the news today that this change would generate an extra £800m for FIFA.

There’s your reasoning

3 Likes

Point of order :-

3 teams per group, so each team only plays 2 games, qed the max games England will play is 2!

2 Likes

Originally posted by @SaintBristol

Originally posted by @Fatso

they mentioned on the news today that this change would generate an extra £800m for FIFA.

There’s your reasoning

I point you in the direction of Post number 3 page 1

1 Like

Bet they still don’t qualify

1 Like

It makes a mockery of the status of the event - it’s Wembley semi-finals all over again.

I’ll stick my neck out and say I suspect it’s more about money than the integrity of the sport…

Now if I could only get this accurate with my tips for the weekend football.

No one likes a smart arse Bob.

Point taken tho’

:lou_wink:

I don’t think even the UK press could work up to England only having two games in the World Cup finals. That is so depresssing but probably going to come true.

Knocked out by New Zealand who get a place automatically as the only team in Oceania now Australia has decided its Asian. And South Sudan who have entered for the first time.

1 Like