Is sending Tim into space a waste of time?

It turns out that I know his Dad and he’s a nice bloke, so that makes the whole mission a worthy adventure.

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

If the objective of the mission is for scientific study what can’t be acheived on the ground that can in space?

Lots of stuff Baz, lots of stuff

1 Like

We can afford a bombing campaign so I’m sure we can afford putting some money into a space programme.

It’s better than wasting it on frivolous luxuries like feeding the poor, heating old people, and healthcare for all.

I know what you’re saying RB but it doesn’t just fall down a big black hole (see what I did there??) from this article from the BBC (6 years ago I know)

Britain spends about £270m a year on space, most of it via its membership of the European Space Agency (Esa).

But it also has a highly successful industry which currently contributes some £6.5bn a year to the UK economy.

And, due to my interests I may be prejudiced, but I believe it is something we absolutley must do, there is so much more about the Earth that we can understand from space that would help with Climate change etc. etc. etc.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m cool with creating jobs from the aerospace industry, I was having more of a pop at the cost of a bombing campaign that seems to have been planned on the back of an envelope! :smile:

2 Likes