Jo Cox killed

Moving words from her husband

7 Likes

And the poor taste award goes to…

Goes to show you can dress up a cunt in an expensive suit, but he is still a cunt… what a dispicable excuse for a humn being.

8 Likes

Not even going to waste my time reading what he may say.

2 Likes

Very sad news

And in 2010 and 2000, minus the fire arm.

Not sure what’s so special about current year that makes people incredulous.

RIP Jo. Thoughts are with the family and friends

Another crazy thing in a world that I don’t understand. So much hate.

4 Likes

Originally posted by @Sotonist

Very sad news

Originally posted by @Intiniki

Utterly appalling. I am having to remind myself this happened in the UK in 2016.

And in 2010 and 2000, minus the fire arm.

Not sure what’s so special about current year that makes people incredulous.

I am aware of the past attacks on MPs and their aides. I suppose as a peaceful kind of person I am sadden that it seems we are moving to a more polarised world and not a more peaceful one.

1 Like

They did say on the news tonight that, if indeed, he did this in the name of Britain First then it would be treated as an act of terroism.

The Anti Terroism squad are loosely involved in the investigation at the moment until they can get more information.

1 Like

And I must go on to say that this is an appaling act and, as others, I am shocked anbd appalled that a single person can do this on today’s streets.

Oh, and Nick Griffin is a cunt.

5 Likes

There was no mention of BF on Ch4 news at 7. They said that witnesses said that she had intervened after some issue in the street and the bloke shot her. They also said that the man unofficially identified suffered from mental health issues. Either way, just very sad.

2 Likes

The BBC website makes no mention that the nutter said anything about Britain First - although the Grauniad does mention it.

regardless - the fact that both side of the referendum question have agreed to stop campaigning is a is a blessing - though my cynical side thinks both side will spin their propaganda via insincere messages to the family via the media…

4 Likes

Appalling.

oh…and when I say “nutter” I 'm not implying mental health issues - just that the twat responsible is bang out of order for this. It’s not the UK way of resolving differences

2 Likes

Originally posted by @KRG

Moving words from her husband

Brave. Brings a tear to my eye.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Regardless of the facts, what are the odds on this being used as a means of attack on the Leave campaign in tomorrow’s press?

2 Likes

Absolutely horrendous. So sad.

Got in from long afternoon in the pub watching the game. Saw the news. Sick sick bastard. Don’t mind admitting I cried. RIP Jo and bless your family.

1 Like

I hesitate to impose on the sadness of what has happened, as a respected MP who actually had a passion for causes and worked for her constituents has been lost in terrible circumstances, but there is a worrying trend developing.

In the aftermath of this appalling murder there is some debate as to how it is being portrayed in the media…

It’s quite clear that if this had been committed by someone linked to Islam it would be described as a terrorist attack.

But because there appears to be a link to the far right, it has been dismissed as a loner with mental illness.

In these cases I would suggest that mental illness could be the main factor to some degree, but there appears to be a reluctance, both here and in the States, to link attacks like this to the far right, whereas linking to Islam is a default setting.

And it slots right into a disturbing agenda.