Jobs I Wouldnt Want

Manhole Covers would be good name for i.e. Queen tribute band

1 Like

They could support the scissor sisters on tour.

Who wants my job?

Upside

6 months a year work paid for 12 upwards of 150K

Guaranteed free flights board and lodging from any where in the world to offshore Angola.

travel to and from airports paid by expense claim.

Income tax in Angola fully paid for.

Health insurance for yourself Spouse and kids under 18.

Downside

Income Tax in location of abode is your responcibility.

6 months at home with the wife and kids

dont get paid extra time off.

have to do courses in your own off time

Helicopter rides every 28 days

can only drink alcohol 6 months of the year (this could also go in the plus column.)

haveing to go back to work every 2 months.

Oil rigs or Samolian Pirate??

One job which is pretty close to home is that of designer. I’ve never officially done the job myself, although I have worn that hat a little bit. Compared with designers, I reckon us coders have an easy life. Your stuff works, or it doesn’t.

Everyone’s got an opinion on design, and it’s so fucking subjective. I’ve seen designers get all kinds of criticism from MDs because the MD didn’t happen to like a particular design. Nowt wrong with them; just personal preference.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Who wants my job?

Upside

6 months a year work paid for 12 upwards of 150K

Guaranteed free flights board and lodging from any where in the world to offshore Angola.

travel to and from airports paid by expense claim.

Income tax in Angola fully paid for.

Health insurance for yourself Spouse and kids under 18.

Downside

Income Tax in location of abode is your responcibility.

6 months at home with the wife and kids

dont get paid extra time off.

have to do courses in your own off time

Helicopter rides every 28 days

can only drink alcohol 6 months of the year (this could also go in the plus column.)

haveing to go back to work every 2 months.

Oil rigs or Samolian Pirate??

FPSO 30 year old tanker converted to a rig.

My Bosses could be considered the Pirates though. and any Angolan authority

Worst job has to be care work. I was in the unfortunate postition of having to visit the job centre once a fortnight for peanunts. The lovely kind and caring staff were supposed to suggest suitable employment opportunities for me. One sensible looking chap (looks can be deceptive!) looked through my application and upon great reflection decided that a degree in English is a suitable requirement for arse wiping…

3 Likes

Or any where in between…

My job is doing my head in right now! But it’s not the worst.

I once had a cleaning job on an industrial site. Men don’t leave toilets in a very nice state is all I can say…

Jobs I wouldn’t want :laughing:

The boss of SaintsWeb…Steve Grant

The boss Sotonians.com…pap…

Firstly you have to be VERY special to run either site :cool:

considering some of the VERYspecial posters on these two sites…to be honest sum are very special :confused:

Meeee included…er in doors …says I am VERY SPECIAL. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway my respect to both Steve Grant and the really special one… Sir pap… :scream:

Not a job I would want…ever.

2 Likes

Ah, it’s not actually that tough at the moment, but I’m dealing with nothing like the scale that Granty has to deal with. He’s got a much harder job than I have.

Sadly there is one job my misses doesn’t want.