Manchester City versus Southampton Football Club - Matchday thread

I don’t ask for much. A point and no injuries will do me.

1 Like

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

er… right er

1-3 Saints go 6th

Ah, you’re drinking some of that weird Italian shit still arent you.

A hugely disappointing 1-0 defeat I reckon with us having 79 shots on target & the ref will score their winner with a deflection off his arse in the 98th minute as VVD is clearing the ball to row Z

2 Likes

I see us getting nowt there today. :slight_frown:

And so confident am I of impending disappointment that I will tease fate itself and say…if we do win today, I will happily kiss Pap on his bearded cheek, then look him in the eyes and lovingly assure him that Corbyn is definitely electable.

Three points would just about make that worth it… :astonished:

Facial cheek, no tongues.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

The teams are in!

Here’s how #SaintsFC will line up for today’s game against #MCFC at Etihad Stadium:

Retweets: 50

Favourites: 34

…annoyingly manufactured by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

It just keeps getting better for McQueen does it not?

City XI : Bravo, Stones, Kompany, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Sane, Aguero

Southampton XI : Forster, Martina, Van Dijk, Fonte, McQueen, Romeu, Davis, Clasie, Tadic, Redmond, Austin

Agreed. He’s not doing too badly as the reserve, reserve to Bert Rand

3 Likes

Kompany coming back into the side would normally be a worry, but I just have a feeling that his stop-start season(s) might mean we have more of a chance there.

Bravo Bravo! Let’s hope he contiues to trawl that rich vein of shit form. I’m getting pretty pissed off with the opposition’s goalies winning MoTM awards against us.

Aye Liverpool lining up a 45mil bid in Jan

We’ve reduced citeh to hoof ball already

1st chance to shoot farked up

I can see the foul count against us stacking up…ref seems to be giving them everything from the draft caused by running close to them…on down.

I just find the way thesegames are commentated on rather vexing… almost as if they want the ‘big/rich’ sides to walk it… :lou_angry:

2 Likes

I am happy for a dull 0-0. Like it is at the moment. Because if it is a lively open game, we will lose.

That is bullshit what Quinn just said. We are not going to go all out attack. That is what City want. We sit back, let them have it, then try to counter attack.

Ooh a shot at goal after 17 mins

VvD defending against De Bruyne and Aguero was excellent.

2 on 1 essentially and made De Bruyne make the wrong decision.

1 Like

Not making the most of these corners, really need to make them count.

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Ooh a shot at goal after 17 mins

This is a good thing, away to Man City, then catch them.

goal! Redmond!

1 Like