Middlesbrough versus Saints - Build up and Matchday Thread

I’m after some excellent and exciting football, quick, easy on the eye, skillful BUT I don’t want us to score or win. Not too sure about a draw. Wouldn’t mind if Puel fell over.

5 Likes

I’d like to see 5 or 6 nil win, as long as no one tells Les Reed

1 Like

I’m really optimistic about this one, I think we’ll turn them over with a goal fest, 5-0 to the Saints.

Nah, feck it I’ll let them score 1 or 2!

Wowsers! That’s quite the shake up!

Forster, Pied, CACERAS!, Yoshida, Bertrand, Romeu, Clasie, PEH, Boufal, Rodriguez, Long

I actually quite like the look of that. Interesting to see if that’s 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with Jay from the left.

3 Likes

Or maybe 4-3-3 actually. Less exciting :lou_sad:

Do you ever feel that maybe you get a little hung up over formations, @simon-says ? :lou_wink_2:

2 Likes

Maybe indeed, but at least some experimentation (wait for the morons to claim Cédric is off)! Let’s find out if Cacares’ legs have not fallen apart from rust :lou_is_a_flirt:. Good to see Targett on the bench, been a long haul.

3 Likes

No Gabbiadini, even on the bench - but Austin’s there and Targett too. Resting Manolo for Wednesday I guess, given that he terrorised United in the cup final. Hopefully this will see Boufal in a No 10 role, which is where I’d like to see him playing. With Tadic in the team he tends to get shunted out wide, and I think he’ll be far more effective centrally.

5 Likes

Thank fuck he’s dropped Tadic.

8 Likes

Only when it comes to Claude’s 4-3-3 dullfest. I was excited that he may have gone all out attack to actually score a goal. It would be a novelty.

Return of The Diamond?

2 Likes

My first thought as well.

Boufal first goal 0-3, clean sheet because Cáceres starts(NYS guaranteed it).

Hmmm interesting team selection with interesting possibilities and solutions, possibly.

2 Likes

You are merely highlighting your lack of understanding. Carceres starting not only guarantees a clean sheet, it also the reason we will score those three goals (as the attacking players don’t need to come back and help Stephens out all the time)

3 Likes

Surprised at the number of changes but I can see why … we looked very jaded for the last 30 mins against Arsenal, mentally and physically.

So a 1-3-6 formation?

Other defenders would just get in his way. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Originally posted by Sadoldgit

Hmmm interesting team selection with interesting possibilities and solutions, possibly.

Looks to me like he is giving the players with a question mark over their future, one last clear chance to impress.

2 Likes

How’d that dream move work out for you, Callum Chambers?

3 Likes

Woah!

Getting mind fucked at Barasti.

Thumping DrumnBass and the Swansea game commentary on speakers.

While we watch Saints… weird

Lots of chicks here though in skimpy beach wear in case game is shit

nice and tidy start.

1 Like