New Partner for Jose - Who Do We Have Lined Up?

Originally posted by @saintbletch

?

Bear, fancy coming out tonight for a couple of Cuco Martinies?

Don’t go bear it’s a trap. He will post some disclaimer about it in a few weeks, blaming me for letting the bear out of the bag, then say he was just helping the special needs bears and the less fortunate. Everyone will buy it, blame me and you will be left with nothing more than a bill crosby story and sore arse.

2 Likes

That was Cuco Cinzano.

Chwat.

Moreno for me plz.

Or the chappy from Bestikas. Can someone do a FM MLG style scouting process with stats.

Moreno Genie scouted. Yes, we spoil you - hidden attributes and all.

Who’s this Besiktas chappy?

Pedro Franco, think ant mentioned him.

Tbh Moreno would look like a decent signing.

Ive decided we’ve signing him now, and if we don’t I’m going to be really upset.

1 Like

Pedro Franco, Genie-scouted.

As good as Badstuber now, with the potential to match Luiz?

Sack the black box and plug me in.

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from Daily Star article

Southampton face Europa League chaos but receive boost in chase for Celtic ace

Expand article…

Vitesse Arnhem face Saints on Thursday in the third qualifying round.

But after the draw was made 11 days ago there wasn’t enough time for the Dutch club’s non-EU players to get their visas in order.

The eight players, including Georgian captain Gyran Kashia, were forced to spend the night in Paris to get their paperwork stamped before meeting up with team-mates in Hampshire.

Meanwhile, Saints have received a boost in their pursuit of £10m-rated Virgil van Dijk after Celtic boss John Collins admitted the defender will leave if they miss out on the Champions League group stage.

Simon Peach@ SimonPeach 2m2 minutes ago

# QPR’s Steven Caulker is close to completing a loan move to # SaintsFC - I am told the deal could be sewn up today.

Hmmmm…not sure about caulker. At least it’s just loan and we’re now officially desperate.

I’m relatively optimistic that Caulker will be a good signing.

Still young, premier league experience, room to improve - let’s just hope he has a great season and whoever is writing up the future purchase clause is a little bit more careful this time around!

I remember being gutted that we didn’t get him/go in for him when he left 'Spurs. He’d had a very good season before that (Swansea on loan?), but right now he’s tarred with being part of a pretty shocking QPR defence. Things changed a bit after Redknapp left and Ramsey made them more solid as a team.

He’s young, big and no-nonsense, so I think it would be a good shout.

Sourced from talkSPORT article

Queens Park Rangers centre-back Steven Caulker set for Southampton loan

Expand article…

Southampton are close to sealing a loan deal for Queens Park Rangers centre-back Steven Caulker.

The 23-year-old signed for the Super Hoops last summer but is keen for a short-term move back to the Premier League following the club’s relegation to the Championship.

And the Saints have answered his call, with manager Ronald Koeman in need of defensive reinforcements at St Mary’s following Toby Alderweireld’s decision to join Tottenham together with Florin Gardos. Being sidelines with a serious knee injury.

Reports suggest Caulker will move with a view to an £8million permanent transfer - the amount QPR paid to bring him in from Cardiff last year.

The defender will be looking to avoid a third straight relegation from the Premier League at Saints and to add to his sole England cap won three years ago.

Talk of a permanent deal being part of the loan agreement.

Pete James Vine@ Petevine22 1m1 minute ago

Pete James Vine retweeted Connor Armstrong

Couldn’t agree more! When you’ve got Clint hill or rio as your partner it’s hard to shine

Pete James Vine added,

Connor Armstrong @ConnorArmstrong
I think Steven Caulker is actually a decent addition for # SaintsFC’s squad. Still only 23 and he’s English. Couple of poor career moves.

5:16 AM - 29 Jul 2015 · Details

I know you can’t prove everything with statistics, but I didn’t think Caulker was that bad last season, in spite of the players he was playing with. So I went to Whoscored.com to have a look at how he has got on from their point of view. Here is his performance from the last season:

2014/15 (QPR):

Fonte 46th (best player in the Prem overall)
Stones 57th
Caulker 59th
Alderweireld 90th

I think people are giving him quite a hard time in all honesty, and under Fonte’s tutelage I think he may do a decent job for us, especially in a defence that gets shielded as well as ours.

3 Likes

Definite down vote for copy and paste quoting in this forum and the other place! Boooooo

Same poster though innit? Can’t be arsed to type out twice, especially on a phone.

Sourced from A summary of the Saints’ Twitterati tweet summary

Summary of Saints’ focussed Twitter users: 29/07/2015 14:00:13

| FM Saints Researcher @MatthewLeGod | Caulker = Gardos replacement & want Virgil van Dijk to partner Fonte. From someone with good ITK record… #saintsfc http://t.co/K5OJ1w7L0x 36 minutes ago |
| Chris Rann @crstig | .@FrannyBenali Give her number to John Fashanu, I saw him have a nasty accident a few years back… :wink: #saintsfc 37 minutes ago |
| Simon Peach @SimonPeach | Koeman suggests #SaintsFC could make Caulker deal permanent, but was coy when I asked whether there was a particular clause included. an hour ago |
| Simon Peach @SimonPeach | Jose Fonte & Ronald Koeman speaking to the media ahead of #SaintsFC’s Europa League tie with Vitesse http://t.co/S1PpqQRg09 an hour ago |
| Simon Peach @SimonPeach | #QPR say #SaintsFC paid “a substantial undisclosed loan fee” for Caulker an hour ago |

MLG on twitter suggesting Caulker AND van Dijk

If we are in for van Dijk I guess we will have to wait a bit while Celtic phaff around in the qualifying stages of the CL. :slight_frown:

Yep I believe their manager acknowledged that they’d likely lose van Dijk if the went out of the CL.