New Year's Revolutions (sic)

Run more. Eat less. Make more love and less war.

4 Likes

You try to be less scathing and then you see the details of the game today…

First up Wanyama, then when I’ve finished with him send in the ones who haven’t managed a goal since i don’t know when, and the fuckers who can’t keep a clean sheet.

As an aside, a Tuesday night would be a better night for Fleming Park - there are more ambulances on duty then.

And I have dogging club on a Monday.

I shifted a stone last year in 4 month without cutting much out. I just increased my calorie output. Three rides a week, and I got a fit bit and made sure I did 10000 steps a day (which is surprisingly tricky with a desk job)

I made a few choices re food. E.g. I sacked off the crisps for lunch. When you work out that this alone saves 50,000 calories a year, or in cycling terms about three months of riding, it becomes pretty easy to give up.

1 Like

OK Papsweb fatties - seems we have a possible club/clique as there also seems to be a desire to don the lycra and stretch our Adonis like frames into skimpy cycling wear… a picture of sex no doubt.

We cant invite Flahute/Visionfromanelevatedpostion as he seems too thin and does 2700k in a weekend whilst steering with his knob, so will be too fit, but the rest of us should form papsweb fat club (first rule of fat club is - dont talk about fat club). ‘‘Ride away the fat’’ is our motto, either on a bike or with a good woman. Who is up for a bit of mutaul supporting fat reduction?

1 Like

I think you tubs of lard should be looking at BMI rather than a specific weight. Let’s face it, if you loose 2 stone down to 13 stone you’re still going to be morbidly obese if you’re only 3’ 6" tall.

This is the real challenge…

1 Like

BMI is an outdated method of assessing healthy body weight. Just saying…

Indeed, although BMI is not completely accurate - another good guide is waistline - should not be more than half your height in inches… so someone 6’ should not have a waist above 36’’

Thank fuck I am not morbidly obese… but I do need to lose 25kg… :lou_surprised:

The current thinking is that is you can’t see your own cock then you’re in trouble or you’re a woman (and therefore trouble)

1 Like

Yeah but it’s still used by the NHS… http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

My cock can be seen by anyone who happens to come round - usually visable in the open air, but sometimes you have to look for it in the barn. Here is a picture of my cock

1 Like

So who’s up for the weekly weigh in and honesty on weight? Need to go Kg though…

Cue…

1 Like

BMI is shit and shouldn’t be used as an indicator of your overall health as it doesn’t take into account build. I’m quite a large gentleman, 6’3" and 220lbs. My BMI says i’m not far off tipping into “obese” but my body fat percentage is 15.7% - roughly 10% below what it would be if I were classified as obese.

Last January I decided to go all out to lose weight and get into better shape. I’d been trying faddy diets for the previous 8 months or so with very little results (due to very little commitment, i’ll be honest). Got tough and went hard on calorie control for 4 months, and lost just over 3.5 stone. Unfortunately I did put a stone back on after quitting smoking in June, but I think that was a decent trade-off!

Best thing is to try and cook as many of your own meals as you possibly can - that’s how you can keep track of what you’re really eating because it’s easy to omit one or two things when you think back at the end of the day. One of the main things for me was cutting out junk and finding suitable replacements that scratch those same itches. Switch sweets and chocolates for yoghurt and fresh fruit. Loads of soup as well - good way to get loads of veggies in your diet and surprisingly filling, especially if you use beans/pulses in them too.

I’m getting back on the hobby horse soon to shave off another 1.5st or so and get into better physical shape, good luck fellow Papswebbians!

3 Likes

I’m aiming at getting down to 12st 8lb race weight before April. I’ve been hovering around 12st 12lb/13st mark but just cannot shift those last few pounds no matter what. I’ll have put on 5lb over Xmas the amount of choccy I’ve rammed down my neck.

1 Like

Been 20 years since I was under 13st… :lou_sad:

Put on about 1kg for every year I been married…

Time to get serious.

Fat Club will convene Monday 4 January for initial weigh-in and wierd initiation ceremony. Remember, Dont talk about Fat Club.

Lost 3 stone since I decided to start racing instead of just cycling. Cut out the excessive booze and my arch enemy, ice cream.

2 Likes

Was doing well having lost 7kg during first 5 months of last year… after getting back on bike. then awful summer away with work and hotel living and 2 nastily broken ribs in September fecked the year - food/beer/crisps nemesis take their toll. Turbo trainer also now set up…

Do you use Zwift or the Sufferfest videos to train to on the turbo?

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

BMI is an outdated method of assessing healthy body weight. Just saying…

But it was a great record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XSxtop5uCow

3 Likes

Fitness is the big one for me.

I’m at the biggest I’ve been for quite a while, and certainly the most unfit I’ve been in a very long time.

This is mostly due to my pretty nasty knee injury, that ruled out all exercise for 16 months. Then xmas comes along and yes, of course I’m going to drink myself stupid everyday for a month and put all the cheese in my face.

I’m a big guy, with a big appetite. I can’t really ‘diet’ very effectively, though I generally eat reasonably healthy, probably just a bit too much.

Before my injury I was working towards doing some kind of endurance/running things (Tough Mudder or similar) and playing football a few times a week. Would love to get back to that.

I feel it’s good to not aim too high :lou_lol:

1 Like