Newcastle vs Southampton build up thread

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

I don’t know, Ottery, I’m so excited I could burst!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And this is why we need you to do a smiley with a 'lil white head fountain! DUH! :wink:

Oh, Wait!!! Can we have an extra large smiley just for match days that indicate a goal? (Jizz optional)

That’s just not gonna happen, Ohio…

Too late. It just happened. :blush:

I want the real “Trousers” to waltz in around the 82nd minute to tell everyone “This has a 0 - 0 written all over it”.

Of course unless we’re already 3 goals to the good. :laughing:

Originally posted by @Ohio-Saint

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

That’s just not gonna happen, Ohio…

Too late. It just happened. :blush:

I need a ‘shakes penishead’ emoticon.

Backing us for our first away win since Feb on this one 1-3. I think we have good momentum as they still need to gel. We are up to match pace!

How will everyone else be building up to kick off.

This is a game that I had pencilled in for this season, but the fixtures were unkind again, currently just getting back from holiday, down to Southampton to pick the kids up from my sister, now at the inlaws for an overnight stop off. Here for lunch, sat, doing very little, then back up home to Carlisle, leaving at about 2 back home for 6:30/7, with happy Saints going the other way!

0-2 Pelle, fonte.

I reckon McClaren is right that having already played a couple of competitive matches Saints could be quicker into our stride.

Hopefully, this should help give us an edge.

A good start to the season makes such a difference.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Don’t forget, Furball, if you decide to contribute to the match thread live from the stadium, for goodness sake don’t mention the line-up or the score or any other information that might be useful - that’s not how we do things here!

I’ve done the B. Earsy match thread training workshop so I know what’s expected, thank you Halo. And here’s my opening report: I’m not going now. Apologies to the thousands of citizens of Sotonia who were depending on me. You’re stuck with Ohio.

1 Like

Oh, and I predict a narrow defeat in which we concede. 3-2. I have a bad feeling that RK’s absence will be significant.

I’m hoping that is true too.

I really don’t know what to expect from McLaren’s Newcastle. I expect Mané to have a great game and hopefully be the difference.

1 Like

That’s bad news, Furball.

As you are well aware, previous match threads have been light on match info and tended to focus more on posters taking it in turns to tell one another how much they love our players and which one they love the most.

I was relying on you to make the match thread more … well, more match thread, less tinder and grinder.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

I really don’t know what to expect from McLaren’s Newcastle. I expect Mané to have a great game and hopefully be the difference.

Optimist! (which is an insult where I’m from)

1 Like

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

That’s bad news, Furball.

As you are well aware, previous match threads have been light on match info and tended to focus more on posters taking it in turns to tell one another how much they love our players and which one they love the most.

I was relying on you to make the match thread more … well, more match thread, less tinder and grinder.

Yes, I know it’s thrown everyone into a state of despond - aside from those romantically involved. Having to work out the score and scorers by divination rods will just have to continue a bit longer.

1 Like

Who predicts a loss for their team’s opening game of the season?!

Furpine, that’s who.

1 Like

I don’t suppose anyone knows a good match stream, or will I have to go to the _other place _to find one?

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from A Vine share by Southampton FC vine

Southampton FC - (SouthamptonFC) on 09/08/2015

The scene is set at St James’ Park ahead of #SaintsFC’s season-opening clash with NUFCOfficial.

https://vine.co/v/ewPlwllvxET

Loops: 5097

…sensitively designed by Optimus trousers…beta v1.6

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from A Vine share by Southampton FC vine

Southampton FC - (SouthamptonFC) on 09/08/2015

The scene is set at St James’ Park ahead of #SaintsFC’s season-opening clash with NUFCOfficial.

https://vine.co/v/ewPlwllvxET

Loops: 5097

…sensitively designed by Optimus trousers…beta v1.6

Protest stay away already?

Yoshida over Caulker.

Jay Rod starts.

Targett at left back.