Norwich City (home) drinks

I can only do post-match, and it seems that the Chapel is picking up the votes for pre-match. How about the Platform Tavern for post-match? Brilliant pub, excellent beer. May be in the wrong direction for some though I guess…

1 Like

Considering I’m heading down to The Dancing Man/Wool House in a mo’, The Platform Tavern would suit me beforehand tomorrow - I’ll just stay drinking down there until the AM. :wink:

Joking aside, somebody tell me where to be and I’ll be there. Not too fussed.

Unfortunelty my new career will not allow me to take many Saturday’s off, but hey, I will still get to see them a few times a season.

I will keep you offer in mind though. You are 2 hours south from me!

Enjoy your drinks everyone. I will be celebrating my daughters 7th birthday today.

Also when we have played on any of my children’s birthdays we have won… Get your money on!

I do think there have only been 4 games though, but one of my children’s (the 13 year old) was born on Christmas Eve!

There is an all day charity gig at the Shooting Star in Bevois Valley afterwards if anyone fancies it :laughing:

1 Like

One of the results on a birthday was this time last season, when Saints recorded their first win of the season at Upton Park 1-3. :wink:

Just arrived. Saying hello to mama and will then be heading for the Chapel.

I am extremely hungover. See you there

Fair doos. I’d best get out of bed then…

Today is the day. I can just feel it!

On my way down now, see you in a bit.

I am outside. Cant face beer :slight_frown:

Originally posted by @Goatboy

I am outside. Cant face beer :slight_frown:

Wuss. Got the badge though - fab.

2 Likes

Well, they say a change is as good as a rest, and as much as I love the Old Farmhouse and South Western Arms, change was good. I already knew about the Chapel. It was our pub of choice a couple of years ago, and although it gets rammed, matters are helped by bar staff that can manage multiple orders at the same time. I arrived first, chatted with Saints fans about the upcoming game, before eventually seeking out, and finding, a very broken Goatboy shambling his way along the exterior of the Chapel.

We adjourned to the side of the facility, and had chats with the randoms, but were accosted by two white-haired gentlemen, one of them almost asking “Don’t you know who I am?”. Goaters correctly guessed lifeintheslowlane, and during the course of our conversation, it transpired that three of us worked for Ordnance Survey, so poor GB had to listen to a trio of over-enthusiastic map yappers talking shop and the good old days. Now I’m sure that if GB had his normal constitution, he’d have been able to steer things into uncharted territory, but the man was broken. There was no second wind, although he was good enough to leave me with some badges, which are excellent. Top job, sir.

Post-game, slowly made my way down to the Platform Tavern to catch up with Fowllyd and SO5 4BW. Really good to catch up and have a chat about Wanyama’s antics. My mate Alpa was out, and she had a mate down from Leicester. so after the two forum posters ended up departing, we ended up staying there until around 8:30pm. The Platform Tavern is a top pub, and really not that far from St. Marys. I think it’s a venue that needs to go into regular rotation.

1 Like

I was indeed broken. I now feel semi human.

Thumbs up for the Platform. I’ve liked a drink in there for a long time and have even been known to do the odd shift in the kitchen in the past (Sunday roast for 60 anyone?).

It’s a bit of a trek for me on match days but I need the exercise!

3 Likes

Good to have a brief catchup beforehand!

Ended up in Dibden Purlieu (of all places) after the match, at a cider festival. Who even drinks cider? Well my body’s certainly urging me not to bother again…

1 Like

I also completely forgot that ant turned up. Sorry ant. Good effort, sir.

btw, there has been talk of doing an away. If we can get enough people interested and ticketed for one of the scouse spectaculars, I think we should go for it.

We’ll alternate guides on the pub crawl between myself and Bazzington :slight_smile: