Norwich v Southampton match thread

We have not been as good sinc I gave up smoking in Jan 2014… used to go for a lucky fag about now but this is no longer an option. Lucky what now?

Mixed first half.

Long should have taken his one-on-one chance.

We look more likely to score, but I crap myself whenever Norwich break away.

Dump?

diet pills kicking in?

Ugh…dumb fuck!!

ffs

Predictable.

Brainless idiot looks like he’s cost us the game. :lou_facepalm_2:

Vic lookimg to be without any club

I appreciate that there are many (especially on SWF), that still suggest that the annual selling of best players is fine because both Ralph and Katherina reinvest etc… but what the selling does is undermines the cohesion, the collective ‘team’ attitude, and there is not the time to rebuild it, nor can this be done by spending alone - its keeping a TEAM together that does that.

It may be a necessary evil because of desire to cover the previous investments in players and infrastructure through sales, but as a strategy I still think its very flawed. It may be enough to keep us up, but progress?.. sadly I think our realistic ambitions seem to be heading back to the darker old days of survival being a decent result. For me, the aim of sport is to win. Yes there is a dose of realism, but does anyone still think that we have gone forwards since last season…?

1 Like

Very poor.

Whilst I do agree with most of this, what option do we have?

We have dug in at times, Morgan last season and Vic this (though for most of the season I’d rather he had left). But ultimately, it is hard for us to keep players when the other teams come calling and offer to double their money.

It’s easy to say we should keep players, the hard part is saying how. How do we stave off the interest of other clubs? Not everyone is like Morgan, and will pick up his toys after a little tantrum. You are probably more likely to have a dressing room full of Vic’s, sulking around the pitch for half a season, showing up against a team he wants to get a move to.

That’s not exactly an ideal scenario either. That all said, we may have stumbled on a way to not have half our team being coveted, be shite. Can’t see many of this lot being snapped up if we carry on like this all season.

2 Likes

Lou’s fault.

Fuck sake, Victor.

2 Likes

Hmmm…that was pretty poor. And slightly worrying.

1 Like

Aye. I’d be massively surprised if we go down, but I think we are going to get sucked in to the battle. Which is very disappointing.

What the fuck.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Lou’s fault.

Couldn’t have gone worse really. Best player dropped for being late, second best player sent off, beaten by relegation candidates.

At least when I fuck up I do it spectacularly. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Very depressing, Saints. What’s going on?

Well and truly Meh.