Oh! Do I love Stewart Lee or what?

I’ve seen Herning wehn a few times and he’s ranged from excellent to good . I’ve seen Stewart lee loads and he is always fantastic. By far my favourite stand up. I have the book that Ted mentioned and it’s great. My copy is, of course, signed by the great man. I’m if to see rob Newman again in a few weeks. His shows are always good and I always learn new things whilst laughing, which can’t be bad.

1 Like

Well, so Stewart has twigged that we’ve been talking about him so has written this timely piece in the Guardian

Henning Wehn was his warm up act a few years ago. Rob Newman I only remember as part of Baddiel and Newman, He was interviewed on 6music last year and was touring with a routine about how oil dominance has shaped modern history, which may be true but didn’t sound like a great night out :slight_smile:

Stewart Lee and Doug Stanhope are my 2 favourite comedians, so reading this thread has given me a semi. Lucky enough to see Stew at the Fringe but missed Doug when he played a warm-up in Edinburgh before his Glasgow shows (He played in the pub I fucking drink in as well! The anguish!). Doubt i’ll get to now - he’s definitely winding down.

Saw Stewart Lee this year, excellent, but he’s not for the casual gig goer - you need to concentrate and be prepared to be led up comedy cul-de-sacs.