OptiNews - Friday 04 to Thursday 10 August 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 04/08/2017 15:57:34

| | What would a £50million move for Virgil van Dijk mean for the Chelsea defence?THEBOOTROOM |
| | Clelsea In For Van Dijk And It Could Suit Saints - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...distastefully brought into existence by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

#SaintsFC’s squad numbers for the 2017/18 season have been confirmed:
http://sfcne.ws/1718Squad

Retweets: 6

Favourites: 31

...possibly conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Le Tissier’s opening day memories

Show/hide article…

Mauricio Pellegrino’s men start with two home clashes against Swansea City and West Ham United and Le Tissier hopes that Saints can begin to build some early momentum on what was always a special day in the calendar during his playing days.

“The start of the season was a relief! Especially for me because pre-season training wasn’t the greatest part of the year as I did struggle a little bit in that department,” Le Tissier said.

“Once the first game of the season came around it was a signal to think ‘ok the games are starting now, training won’t be as hard during the season and I can enjoy it now’.

“That first day of the season is always pretty special coming back after a few months off to getting that buzz of having a full stadium. The players will be pretty excited come 3pm a week on Saturday.

“A couple of home wins would really set the tone. It gives the fans that buzz for the rest of the season and makes sure they keep coming back week in, week out.”

He added: “The strangest opening day one for me was when we played Nottingham Forest on the opening day of the season in 1995 when Dave Merrington was the manager.

“I scored a hat-trick so you’d have thought that would have been quite a nice memory but we lost the game 4-3.

“It was two penalties and a free-kick and yet I was leaving the field disappointed so it wasn’t a great feeling.”

Go to the original article…

...possessively built by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 04/08/2017 16:58:08

| | Pellegrino & Romeu Ahead Of SevillaVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Opposition Factfile: SevillaREADSOUTHAMPTON |
| | Portuguese press have their say on Southampton transfer rumourSPORTWITNESS |
| | Chelsea ready to make bid for Van Dijk?SPORTSMOLE |
| | Chelsea looks to hijack rival’s £50 million transfer dealNEWSWEEK |
| | GILLSCONNECT |
| | Chelsea To Hijack Liverpool’s Move With £50m Bid For Key Target | Football Talk | Premier League NewsFOOTBALLTALK |
|

| and Southampton Football Club launch special edition magazineBIGISSUE |

...incorrigibly hatched by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Southampton Predicted XI: Sevilla (H) | Southampton host Sevilla this Saturday for the last game of pre-season before the return of the Premier League. … 04-08-2017 |

Older content…

| Opposition Factfile: Sevilla16 hours ago |
| Chelsea make £50m offer for central defender16 hours ago |
| Southampton discuss deal for Lyon winger16 hours ago |
| Tottenham plan shock move for Southampton man2 days ago |
| Mauricio Pellegrino offers an update on Virgil van Dijk’s situation2 days ago |
| Our man of the match: Augsburg2 days ago |
| Southampton 0-4 Augsburg: Rating the Saints2 days ago |
| Opposition Factfile: FC Augsburg2 days ago |
| Southampton reach stalemate over sale of defender2 days ago |

...tomboyishly given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC is delighted to announce that @Mattytargett has signed a new five-year contract with the club! :innocent:

Retweets: 18

Favourites: 51

...captivatingly hatched by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 04/08/2017 17:58:17

| | Van Dijk “will still happen,” but another signing will be a “huge asset” to Liverpool – ThompsonSQUAWKA |
|

| Chelsea to enter fray for Southampton’s Virgil van Dijk?SBNATIONSTMARYSMUSINGS |
| | Southampton Fan View: We must move quickly for another central defenderYAHOOSPORTUK |
| | Season Predictions Part 1 Featuring Man City, Tottenham & Southampton | Football Talk | Premier League NewsFOOTBALLTALK |

...westwardly fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Confirmed - Matt Targett pens new deal | Southampton Football Club have confirmed that academy graduate Matt Targett has signed a new five-year deal. … 04-08-2017 |

Older content…

| Southampton Predicted XI: Sevilla (H)17 hours ago |
| Opposition Factfile: Sevilla17 hours ago |
| Chelsea make £50m offer for central defender17 hours ago |
| Southampton discuss deal for Lyon winger17 hours ago |
| Tottenham plan shock move for Southampton man2 days ago |
| Mauricio Pellegrino offers an update on Virgil van Dijk’s situation2 days ago |
| Our man of the match: Augsburg2 days ago |
| Southampton 0-4 Augsburg: Rating the Saints2 days ago |
| Opposition Factfile: FC Augsburg2 days ago |

...chaotically fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Matt Targett Signs New Deal | Saints have announced that Matt Targett has signed a new contract with the club as he looks to make this season one … 04-08-2017 |

Older content…

| Chelsea In For Van Dijk And It Could Suit Saints17 hours ago |
| Pellegrino Reveals That Saints Are Looking At New Signings17 hours ago |
| The First 10 Games: three questions that will be answered17 hours ago |
| Saints V Sevilla Dan’s Preview !17 hours ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Augsburg Game Fans Reaction2 days ago |
| Pellegrino Confirms Saints Stance On Van Dijk Remains Unchanged2 days ago |
| Saints vs FC Augsburg The Verdict2 days ago |
| Le Tissier Says Tide Is Turning In Saints Favour !2 days ago |
| Saints v FC Augsburg Match Preview and Predicted XI2 days ago |
| Southampton Consider £12m Bid For Lazio’s Wesley Hoedt2 days ago |

...scintillatingly caused to be by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

@Mattytargett :newspaper: Read the full story on @Mattytargett’s new deal until 2022 with #SaintsFC:
http://sfcne.ws/MTNewDeal

Retweets: 9

Favourites: 68

...jubilantly devised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Virgil van Dijk to Chelsea: Bookies slash odds on Saints star moving to Stamford Bridge

Show/hide article…

Chelsea are second favourites to sign Virgil van Dijk from Southampton

That is according to bookmakers Betway, who have slashed the odds on the Saints star making the move to Stamford Bridge this month.

Chelsea are set to launch a swoop for Van Dijk, who has been frozen out of the first team by new manager Mauricio Pellegrino after expressing a desire to leave.

Liverpool remain favourites to snap him up despite publicly claiming to have dropped their interest.

Betway spokesman Alan Alger said: "Chelsea have been backed into 3/1 from 9/1 to bring Virgil Van Dijk to the Bridge in a bid that looks to gazump Liverpool’s attempt to secure his signature.

“The likelihood of a move to Anfield has drifted out from 2/9 to 1/2 and the last 24 hours indicate that Chelsea boss Antonio Conte could get his man in time for their opener against Burnley, with Southampton unlikely to retain the defender’s services at 4/1.”

Van Dijk looked set to join Liverpool earlier this summer but the Saints accused Jurgen Klopp’s side of tapping up their star man.

Anfield chiefs were then forced to issue a public apology to their Premier League rivals.

Van Dijk is said to still favour a move to Liverpool and is a big admirer of Reds boss Klopp.

But, according to the Evening Standard, Chelsea are hopeful of entering negotiations with Southampton for the defender.

...flashily given rise to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by OriolRomeu tweet

@OriolRomeu - Oriol Romeu

7 years later… game against @SevillaFC :raised_hands:t2: Good memories… but we must win tomorrow though :muscle:t2: #saintsfc

Retweets: 8

Favourites: 75

...haphazardly thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

DEFAULTDon’t miss your 20-page Saints season preview in Saturday’s Daily Echo

2017/18 season squad numbers confirmed

Show/hide article…

There have been five changes to last season’s numbers, most notably with Fraser Forster returning to his former number 44.

The Saints goalkeeper has personally pledged to replace any 2017/18 shirts that have already been printed and purchased with his old number.

Supporters wishing to replace their 2017/18 goalkeeper shirts with ‘Forster 1’ on the back can do so in person at our Stadium Store or at West Quay.

For online orders, please phone 0845 688 9433 where our a member of our team will be able to assist.

Elsewhere, Jack Stephens moves to number 5, Florin Gardos to 25, Sam Gallagher to 27 and summer signing Jan Bednarek takes up the number 35 shirt.

Please note, any supporters purchasing a 2017/18 shirt with a name and number before midnight on Saturday 12th August will be entered into a prize draw to win a signed shirt from the first team squad or a player of their choice.

Season Ticket holders and Official Members will be automatically entered at the point of sale online or in-store. Supporters without official memberships will be automatically entered online but can also fill out a form in the Stadium Store or at West Quay. Full terms and conditions can be found here.

...moistly given breath to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Five must-have Fantasy Football buys: Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Romelu Lukaku and more

Show/hide article…

With the new Premier League season only a week away, last year’s Sky Sports Fantasy Football champion has provided us with five must-have selections.

Dan Cox’s team ‘The Chosen One’ beat almost a million others to the £25,000 jackpot and has provided us with a sneak preview of who will make his title-defending line-up.

Our champion is backing Tottenham to shake off the Wembley curse, including three Spurs players here in the five he has dubbed as “no-brainers”…

Kieran Trippier will be Tottenham’s first choice right-back now Kyle Walker has moved to Manchester City and, for only £8.1m, he’s a cheap way into Spurs’ solid defence.

Trippier scored 56 points last season in just 12 games, managing five assists in those few games, which shows he likes to get forward and provide quality deliveries, which is the perfect combination to get you points from a full-back.

If you treble his points to represent a full season, he could be scoring well over 150 points this year - compared to a more expensive option like Toby Alderweireld, at £10.1m, who scored 138 points last season.

Everton are tipped to do well this season and Michael Keane is reasonably priced at £7.9m.

He played every game last season for Burnley, scored a couple of goals and racked up 101 points. That’s with Burnley keeping 10 clean sheets last year, which I expect Everton to improve on.

I’m expecting him to improve at Goodison Park. He should be solid and keep plenty of clean sheets.

With his price tag increased for the new season, he is quite expensive, but Dele Alli was the midfielder with the most points last term and you’ve got to pay a premium to have those top quality players.

Everyone is talking about Wembley, but I don’t think that will affect Spurs that much, especially once they settle in. I think they will do well again this year and finish second or third.

Alli scored 17 goals last season so it’s no surprise he’s in 26 per cent of teams, and when everyone has him you’ve got to have him as well to compete.

Simply a no-brainer. Kane scored 26 goals last year, racked up 282 points and I’m expecting the same from him again.

He should be well up there for goals and points again and you’ve just got to have him.

If Kane and Spurs do struggle, it’s easy enough to ship him out. But he’s scored so many goals over the last few seasons that I can’t see him not doing so again.

Romelu Lukaku scored 24 goals last season and he’s another popular one who you’ve got to have when everyone else does - he’s in 40 per cent of teams.

I think he’ll settle in well at Manchester United. He’s already scored a few in pre-season and I think they’ll have a good season.

He’s already linking up well with Paul Pogba too. Pogba will get forward a lot more now that United have signed Nemanja Matic, so we can expect more of that, making Lukaku even more of a must-have.

Who will make your team? Draft your side, create and league and invite your mates to play for free here.

...viscously hatched by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Dick Advocaat gives backing to Virgil van Dijk as defender targets Southampton exit

Show/hide article…

Netherlands manager Dick Advocaat has given his backing to Virgil van Dijk as he looks to secure a move away from Southampton before the summer transfer window shuts.

Van Dijk has been training away from the first team and played no part in their pre-season matches having told manager Mauricio Pellegrino he wants to leave the club.

Southampton have maintained the Netherlands centre-back, who signed a new five-year deal at St Mary’s last summer, is not for sale.

Speaking to Voetbalzone magazine about Van Dijk’s attempts to secure a move, Advocaat said: “You can condemn it, but come on, if you can earn five times as much at a top English club, then I understand you’re going to take action.”

Van Dijk was a target for Liverpool earlier this summer, but the Reds withdrew their interest after Southampton complained to the Premier League over an alleged illegal approach.

The 26-year-old, who has made 68 appearances for the Saints since arriving from Celtic in 2015, was not included in the first-team squad for a training camp in France in July.

Southampton begin the new Premier League season at home to Swansea next Saturday before matches against West Ham (home) on August 19 and newly-promoted Huddersfield (away) on August 26.

...savouringly produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by Mattytargett tweet

@Mattytargett - Matt targett

Delighted to sign a new 5 year contract with @SouthamptonFC ! Thank you all for your kind tweets! :red_circle::white_circle:#saintsfchttps://twitter.com/i/web/status/893556476836331522

Retweets: 9

Favourites: 132

...precariously brought into being by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 04/08/2017 19:58:43

| | Advocaat backs Van Dijk stanceSPORTSMOLE |
| | Southampton boss Pellegrino targets more signings ahead of new seasonEUROSPORTUK |
|

| Despite a Lack of Signings, Liverpool Have a Squad to Compete for TrophiesSBNATIONTHELIVERPOOLOFFSIDE |
| | Chelsea to hijack Liverpool’s move for Southampton aceCHELSEANEWS |
| | Chelsea plan to hijack Liverpool bid for Van Dijk with £50m offerTHEHARDTACKLE |

...stiffledly concocted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Targett pens new deal

Show/hide article…

Southampton Football Club is delighted to announce that left-back Matt Targett has signed a new five-year contract.

The Academy graduate, who has been with Saints since the age of eight, has committed his future to the club until 2022.

Targett missed the majority of last term due to a hamstring injury, but following his surgery in December the 21-year-old has returned in impressive pre-season form.

“It’s a great way to kick-off the season,” started Targett.

"I am really happy to sign. I’ve been at the club since I was eight so to extend my time here is only a good thing.

"Physically I feel good. I think I feel the best I’ve ever felt. I think the injury has only helped me improve physically and mentally.

“I have come back from it all and got my fitness back – I am feeling fitter and stronger so it’s all positive at the moment.”

...scholastically formed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Video: Targett on new contract

Show/hide article…

Watch our full interview with Matt Targett as he discusses signing his new contract and his aims for the coming season.

...fearlessly made by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!