OptiNews - Friday 07 to Thursday 13 July 2017

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

@Bradleysfight The thoughts of everyone at #SaintsFC are with you at such a difficult time.

Retweets: 47

Favourites: 134

...humorlessly carved by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 07/07/2017 15:51:26

| | Saracens Rugby to play at London Stadium before West Ham face SouthamptonFOOTBALLLONDON |
| | Groups To Be Confirmed For EFL Trophy 2017/18VITALFOOTBALL |
| | Crystal Palace & Arsenal ChangesVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Long Pleased With PellegrinoVITALFOOTBALL |

...showily instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:movie_camera: :soccer:

Watch footage from #SaintsFC’s Friday session at Staplewood Campus, as they combined pre-season fitness with… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/883355719210237952

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 5

...instantaneously made by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from talkSPORT article

Premier League transfer news: All done deals so far in 2017 summer window

Show/hide article…

The 2017 summer transfer window opens on 1 July and some Premier League clubs have already begun spending money. Here are the latest done deals (only the teams which have bought and sold are listed).

Keep checking in at talkSPORT.com to see the list grow as clubs begin throwing their money around.

Click here to see the latest transfer rumours on talkSPORT.com

BURNLEY

In

Charlie Taylor (Leeds, compensation TBC)

Out

Michael Kightly (released)

Joey Barton (released)

George Green (released)

RJ Pingling (released)

Christian Hill (released)

Taofiq Olmowewe (released)

Jon Flanagan (returns to Liverpool after loan)

Josh Ginnelly (Lincoln City, loan)

Michael Keane (Everton, rising to £30m)

WEST HAM

In

Pablo Zabaleta (Man City, free)

Out

Havard Nordtveit (Hoffenheim, undisclosed)

Reece Oxford (Borussia Monchengladbach, loan)

Jonathan Calleri (returns to Deportivo Maldonado after loan)

Gokham Tore (returns to Besiktas after loan)

Alvaro Arbeloa (released)

Sam Howes (released)

Sam Ford (released)

Kyle Knoyle (released)

Sam Westley (released)

Raphael Spiegel (released)

​Stephen Hendrie (released)

Some of the most notable transfers outside the Premier League

Franck Kessie (Atalanta to AC Milan, loan with obligation to buy)

Corentin Tolisso (Olympique Lyonnais to Bayern Munich, £35m)

Andre Silva (FC Porto to AC Milan, £32m)

Maximilian Philipp (SC Freiburg to Borussia Dortmund, £17m)

Serge Gnabry (Werder Bremen to Bayern Munich, £8.5m)

Ricardo Rodriguez (VfL Wolfsburg to AC Milan, £15m)

Ruben Semedo (Sporting CP to Villarreal, £12m)

Hakan Calhanoglu (Bayer Leverkusen to AC Milan, £19m)

Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord to Monaco, £11m)

Ever Banega (Inter Milan to Sevilla, £7.7m)

Go to the original article…

...skittishly invented by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from ESPN FC article

Mauricio Pellegrino: I spoke to Pochettino about Southampton

Show/hide article…

New Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino has said he consulted Mauricio Pochettino, one of his predecessors at St Mary’s, before taking the job.

Pochettino spent 18 months at Saints, leading the club to their highest Premier League points tally before joining Tottenham in summer 2014 – and quickly did the same at Spurs.

Both Pellegrino and Pochettino are 45-year-old former Argentina international central defenders – although they were not teammates for the national team – who managed in Spain before moving to English football.

Pellegrino, who signed a three-year deal at Southampton last month, says he wants to continue the work done by Pochettino, Ronald Koeman and Claude Puel, and said he spoke about the club’s potential with the Tottenham boss.

“Southampton has been playing a good level with the past few managers and I would like to keep the best things from the past and try to improve, because the team doesn’t have a limit to improve,” Pellegrino told Saints’ official website.

"We [Pochettino and I] were talking about the club, about the team, about the possibility that the club has got to grow in the future.

“I felt quickly it would be a great opportunity for me. I am really grateful to Mauricio, and I would like to do the same and try to improve from the last few seasons, because the team have been playing at a good level and I have to take the best things from the past and try to improve to be better in the future.”

Puel led Saints to an eighth-place finish and the League Cup final last season before being sacked, and Pellegino said it was a difficult challenge to improve the club.

“We are in this step that it’s really difficult that we can be more competitive,” he said. "Creating the special mood in the dressing room, outside the pitch and inside the pitch, with the people around the squad as well.

"When they showed me the structure of the club, the people that they have got working here – there are a lot of professionals working for 11 players every single day.

“It is like another team behind the 11 players who play the game. I felt that it is the suitable context for any manager in the world. Southampton have got this.”

Dan is ESPN FC’s Tottenham correspondent. Follow him on Twitter: @Dan_KP.

...meaninglessly hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:movie_camera: :soccer:

Watch footage from #SaintsFC’s Friday session at Staplewood Campus, as they combined pre-season fitness with… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/883358747455893506

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 6

...hazily given birth to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by Mgabbia23 tweet

@Mgabbia23 - Manolo Gabbiadini

Back in training :soccer: #SaintsFC :white_circle::red_circle:

Retweets: 32

Favourites: 198

...slavishly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 07/07/2017 16:51:37

| | Everton not currently pursuing deal for van Dijk - or GrayGOLIVERPOOL |
| | Liverpool fans have meltdown over Van Dijk and Everton links101GREATGOALS |
| | Liverpool Fans Are Going Loopy Over the Latest Virgil Van Dijk ReportsTALKINGBAWS |

...coquettishly generated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC is delighted to announce that young midfielder @Callumslattery8 has signed a new three-year contract with… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/883369581590573056

Retweets: 3

Favourites: 5

...mean-spiritedly fitted together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 07/07/2017 18:52:01

| | Liverpool set for ultimate insult as odds are slashed for Virgil Van Dijk to join rivalGIVEMESPORT |

...lavishly caused to be by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Katharina Liebherr resigns from Saints board | Katharina Liebherr has resigned from her role in the Southampton board amid a major board reshuffle, according to … 07-07-2017 |
| Slattery signs three-year contract extension | Southampton have announced that midfielder Callum Slattery has signed a new three-year deal with the club. Slattery … 07-07-2017 |

Older content…

| La Liga talents that Saints could sign2 days ago |
| Ligue 1 side keen on shock swoop for Southampton goalkeeper2 days ago |
| Who should Southampton loan out this summer?2 days ago |
| Southampton receive loan interest in striker after snubbing £7m permanent sale2 days ago |
| CONFIRMED: Reed joins Norwich on loan2 days ago |
| Southampton midfielder Reed set for Norwich loan2 days ago |
| Southampton and West Ham to compete for Muller deal2 days ago |
| Spurs set to make Saints target available3 days ago |

...slowly dreamed up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by floringardos5 tweet

@floringardos5 - Florin Gardoș

Back to work! #WeMarchOn #SaintsFC

Retweets: 8

Favourites: 80

...fishily instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 07/07/2017 19:52:14

| | Everton make rumoured £65m Van Dijk bid, LFC fans lose the plotEMPIREOFTHEKOP |
| | Not Impossible – Agent of Out-of-favour Southampton Star Raises Stay ProspectINSIDEFUTBOLCOM |

...comatosely fashioned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 07/07/2017 20:52:26

| | Transfer news LIVE: Mahrez, Verratti, Rudiger and moreFOURFOURTWO |
| | Birmingham set to be knocked back in pursuit of Southampton youngsterFOOTBALLLEAGUEWORLD |
| | Updates on Naby Keïta and Virgil van DijkROUSINGTHEKOP |
| | Mauricio Pellegrino “really grateful” to ex-Southampton boss PochettinoSQUAWKA |

...percussively brought to pass by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:camera_flash:

Check out the best images from today’s training at Staplewood, as #SaintsFC’s players stepped up their work:… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/883430926545543169

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 14

...thirstily conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

The Southampton Way! :innocent:#saintsfc

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 36

...sarcastically instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Southampton in battle to sign Loftus-Cheek | Southampton are set to battle Newcastle and Brighton to sign Chelsea midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek. According to the … 07-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Katharina Liebherr resigns from Saints boarda day ago |
| Slattery signs three-year contract extensiona day ago |
| La Liga talents that Saints could sign2 days ago |
| Ligue 1 side keen on shock swoop for Southampton goalkeeper2 days ago |
| Who should Southampton loan out this summer?2 days ago |
| Southampton receive loan interest in striker after snubbing £7m permanent sale2 days ago |
| CONFIRMED: Reed joins Norwich on loan2 days ago |
| Southampton midfielder Reed set for Norwich loan2 days ago |
| Southampton and West Ham to compete for Muller deal2 days ago |

...jaggedly modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Slattery signs new Saints contract

Show/hide article…

Slattery’s new deal, which will run until 2020, sees him commit his long-term future to a club he has been at since the age of eight.

The 18-year-old midfielder was a regular in the under-23s during the 2016/17 campaign, as well as helping the under-18s to a memorable Youth Cup run which included a victory against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

He also capped off a fine season by helping England under-20s to winning the Toulon tournament, stepping up to take the fourth penalty as the Young Lions ran out 5-3 winners.

Speaking about his new contract, Slattery said: “I’m delighted to sign for such a great club that I’ve been at for a long time now. It’s good to know they’ve got faith in me.

“That’s what this club has always been about as you can see from the past. For me to sign here, it was a massive thing that they give you the opportunities to be in and around the first-team.”

Vice Chairman (Football) Les Reed said: “We’re delighted that Callum has extended his commitment to the football club.

“Callum is a player that is developing well with us, which was shown with his involvement for the under-23s last season.

“He capped off a good campaign by being selected by England for the Toulon Tournament this summer and we’re happy he sees this as the perfect place to continue to work towards his goals.”

...answeringly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 08/07/2017 00:53:18

| | Everton not making Van Dijk moveREADEVERTON |

...chillingly hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#ThankYouMarkus

Eight years ago today Markus Liebherr saved #SaintsFC.

Retweets: 29

Favourites: 52

...defeatedly generated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!