OptiNews - Friday 10 to Thursday 16 March 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 10/03/2017 13:22:17

| | Yoshida & Romeu Talk ImprovementsVITALFOOTBALL |
| | A Mixed Bag Of Injuries For Southampton FCVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Hilarious news regarding ‘Cousin’ of Southampton star | FutnSoccerFUTNSOCCER |

...unfemininely spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by OriolRomeu tweet

@OriolRomeu - Oriol Romeu

Complimenti @Mgabbia23 for being named February’s @PFA Fans’ Player of the Month! What a way of starting your life… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/840186603930804224

Retweets: 22

Favourites: 124

...spartanly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Yoshida: Extra responsibility has made me better

Show/hide article…

The centre-back has become a key component of the Southampton team as the campaign has progressed, producing plenty of impressive displays at the heart of the back line.

Yoshida feels the playing time that he has received has been of great benefit to him, and that taking on an increased role has benefited him.

“I recognise that it makes me a lot better and improves my concentration and makes me feel really strong,” he said. "I am really enjoying my time and having such a good responsibility.

“It’s always good to play. I’ve been waiting for this kind of chance for a long time. I just try to do my best and make good communication with the other players, especially Jack Stephens.”

Indeed, Yoshida and Stephens have started six of the past seven games together, and the Japan international has been impressed with his younger colleague.

“He’s improving a lot,” he said. "He still needs to learn many things, but I try to help him and he tries to help me as well.

“We have a good relationship, but, as I say, we need to stop conceding and we have to improve still.”

Go to the original article…

...crunchily spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from talkSPORT article

Every Premier League team’s attacking trio ranked by most goals and assists

Show/hide article…

Over the years we’ve seen some wonderful attacking triumvirates in football.

From AC Milan’s glorius trio of Gunnar Gren, Gunnar Nordahl, and Nils Liedholm, to Barcelona’s treble of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, and Neymar, three has always proved to be the magic number.

In English football, threesomes aren’t as common but, currently, the likes of Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, Diego Costa, and Pedro are lighting up the top-flight.

But which Premier League side has the best attacking trio? Click the right arrow above to find out which team’s triumvirate has scored and assisted the most goals…

...alarmedly given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Quiz: Who are these 20 Premier League caretaker managers?

Show/hide article…

Caretaker managers are anything but the most high-profile figures in the Premier League.

They’re often those loyal figures who spend most of their career at the same club and find themselves thrust into the limelight after a managerial departure to offer some stability and continuity.

But they typically return to their backroom role as soon as a replacement manager is found, sometimes in a matter of days.

But how many of them can you remember? The Premier League has had hundreds of different managers, and a surprisingly high number of caretaker managers too, many of whom have long since left the memory banks.

This week’s challenge is to see if you can name all 20 caretaker bosses we’ve collated pictures of. There are four possible answers for each question.

If you’re unable to see the quiz in the MailOnline app or in Facebook Instant Articles please click on the following link to view it on our website instead.

...amicably produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

Rod Wallace and @mattletiss7 put a few defenders on the floor here, as #SaintsFC beat #DCFC 2-1 #OnThisDay in 1990: https://grabyo.com/g/v/OOWsISOykLu

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 3

...traitorously dreamed up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:speaking_head: “We have very important games coming up. We have to be focused.” #saintsfc http://sfcne.ws/MYPreTHFCA

Retweets: 8

Favourites: 34

...suffocatingly assembled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Saints ace Gabbiadini wins Premier League Player of the Month award

Show/hide article…

Manolo Gabbiadini has been named as the Premier League’s PFA Fans’ Player of the Month for February.

The Italian polled a superb 40 per cent of the vote following an incredible start to his time at Saints.

Gabbiadini netted three goals in his first two Premier League matches, while he also scored twice in the EFL Cup final, at Wembley, during February.

The 25-year-old has carried on that form in March, scoring his sixth goal in four starts in Saints’ 4-3 win at Watford last weekend.

The £14.6m signing had been up against a stellar list of names, with Tottenham’s Harry Kane, Everton’s Romelu Lukaku, Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus, Manchester United’s Henrikh Mkhitaryan and West Brom’s Gareth McAuley all in contention.

Gabbiadini, who is the first Saints player ever to win the award since it started at the beginning of 2014/15, will be presented with his award in the coming weeks.

...gloomily originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 10/03/2017 14:22:28

| | Gabbiadini Pips Harry Kane For PFA Player Of The Month Award - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
|

| Story of a rising star: training at at Matt Le Tissier’s Southampton Academy is paying dividends for WillZAPSPORTZ |

...addictedly designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC’s @StevenDavis8 is in the Northern Ireland squad for their #WCQ against Norway later this month: http://sfcne.ws/SDMarch17Intnl

Retweets: 0

...convulsively synergised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Four-midable Saints

Show/hide article…

Following another goal fest on the road last weekend, four is the magic number for Southampton at the moment.

Last Saturday’s win at Watford saw Southampton score four goals or more in an away game for the eighth time in Premier League history.

It also arrived on the back of the seventh occasion where Saints put four past Sunderland at the Stadium of Light in the previous month where a 4-0 success matched the team’s best ever win away in the Premier League.

This is the first time since the 2010/11 season that Southampton have scored four times in successive matches, although that feat was achieved when Saints were a League 1 side.

Nigel Adkins’ men saw off both Huddersfield Town and Exeter City 4-1 and 4-0 respectively between Christmas and New Year as their promotion push took hold.

That season also saw Saints score four times away from home on three occasions: Bristol Rovers (0-4), Oldham (0-6) and Peterborough United (4-4).

Not since 1976 have Saints scored so many away goals in successive games when they notched a total of 15 goals in three successive games away from The Dell - against Wolves (6-2), Carrick Rangers (5-2) and Luton Town (4-1).

...facilely originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Brighton a familiar foe for Fleming

Show/hide article…

Saints have been drawn into the same Under-18 Premier League group as their fellow south coast side, and Craig Fleming is keen to see his side continue their impressive recent run.

“We’ve been in pretty good form post Christmas and have been picking up some good results recently,” he started.

“We’ve played the three teams coming into the group from our league recently and got positive results. And whilst we don’t know much about the northern sides, I think it is geared up to be a pretty competitive group.

“It’s only been two weeks or so since we last played Brighton here, so we certainly know each other’s games inside out.”

Saints head into the play-off stages of the league campaign having picked up three consecutive victories over Swansea, Brighton and Leicester City.

Siph Mdlalose suffered injury during the most recent win away at Leicester, though Fleming explained that the winger’s knock was not as bad as first feared.

“He has dodged a bullet there,” he continued.

“He got his foot caught in the ground and twisted his knee. He was in quite a bit of pain, but he has been very lucky to come away without a serious injury.

“As it stands it’s just a bit of bone bruising so it shouldn’t be that long until he is back with us again.”

...appraisingly concocted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Dugout launch new app

Show/hide article…

Saints joined Dugout, which has partnered with many of the world’s top teams, earlier this year, bringing a new dimension to the club’s digital output.

The free app, which is available on the App Store and Google Play, will allow fans even easier access to a host of content on Southampton’s dedicated page.

Dugout president Elliot Richardson said: “Dugout was built for football fans across the world – delivering the ultimate place to explore and access the biggest clubs and players on the planet.

"The app launch is a huge moment for us because we now know most of our users are accessing the platform using their mobile, meaning that we can now give them a bigger, better and more personalised experience – with unparalleled amounts of exclusive and original content, produced by the world’s biggest clubs and players working with Dugout and seen nowhere else, totally free.”

To download the app, click here.

...gushingly hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from ESPN FC article

Manolo Gabbiadini feels revived by Southampton transfer

Show/hide article…

Southampton forward Manolo Gabbiadini says he feels transformed after leaving Napoli and making an instant impact in the Premier League.

Gabbiadini managed just three goals for Napoli in the first half of the season, finding himself on the fringes of the first team since Maurizio Sarri replaced Rafa Benitez as the Serie A club’s coach.

He knew the time had come to make a change, but had not imagined things would have started so well at his new club.

“I’ve completely changed my football,” Gabbiadini told Italy’s Sky Sport. "Everything is completely different here: the city, the people. I didn’t believe I would start like this.

"I need to thank all my teammates and the coach, who have been extraordinary and have all been there for me. The difference here to Italy is that it’s all ‘enjoy’ here, as they say; it’s all entertainment both for us and for the fans, whether you win or lose.

“All that matters is you give everything because that’s the only way you can make people happy.”

Gabbiadini has scored six goals in four appearances for the Saints, including two in the League Cup final defeat to Manchester United. It is a far cry from playing second fiddle in Naples.

“I couldn’t carry on living that life, always sitting on the bench,” Gabbiadini said. "When the games ended, I went home really sad because I didn’t feel involved. It was a horrible feeling.

“When I left, I told myself that I needed to start afresh and prove to myself that I could still play well. If I had waited another six months, it would have been really tough.”

Ben Gladwell reports on Serie A, the Italian national team and the Bundesliga for ESPN FC, UEFA and the Press Association. @UEFAcomBenG.

...comprehendingly manufactured by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

“We certainly know each other’s games.”

Craig Fleming previews #SaintsFCU18s’ group stage match against #BHAFC: http://sfcne.ws/CFonBHAFCU18

...dynamically formed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 10/03/2017 15:22:43

| | New Southampton star reveals difficulties at NapoliFORZAITALIANFOOTBALL |

...pointedly conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

After scoring :four: goals away from home again last weekend, it’s all adding up for #SaintsFC: http://sfcne.ws/Fourmidable

Favourites: 5

...insolently thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by juliette_grace tweet

@juliette_grace - juliette ferrington

Chatted to Jose Fonte y’day about #whufc #SaintsFC Portugal #Euros & randomly avocado on toast :avocado: Sat 12pm @BBCOne

Retweets: 6

Favourites: 18

...hurtfully invented by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

PFA Fans’ Player of the month for February announced: It’s not Harry Kane

Show/hide article…

THE PFA Fans’ Premier League Player of the Month award has been announced.

A six-strong shortlist was drawn up by an expert panel which included Peter Beagrie, Paul Merson and Mike Riley.

Votes were cast by fans using the Sky Sports website and apps - with the winner coming from one of the top flight’s less-celebrated clubs.

CLICK THROUGH THE GALLERY ABOVE TO SEE THE TOP SIX AND HOW MANY VOTES THEY GOT.

...satedly given birth to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 10/03/2017 16:22:57

| | Gabbiadini: I was miserable at Napoli, I had to leaveSQUAWKA |
| | Yoshida delight at Saints progressCLUBCALL |

...floutingly conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!