OptiNews - Friday 14 to Thursday 20 July 2017

Sourced from A tweet by RealKevinPalmer tweet

@RealKevinPalmer - Kevin Palmer

Reports that Liverpool are in talks with Southampton over Van Dijk again in the papers today…update to follow shortly #LFC #saintsfc

Retweets: 5

Favourites: 8

...putridly hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 14/07/2017 11:37:08

| | Southampton Announce FC Augsburg & Sevilla TiesVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Ex-Red tips important transfer deal to go through soonLIVE4LIVERPOOL |
| | West Ham’s Robert Snodgrass would be a smart signing for SouthamptonHEREISTHECITY |

...lostly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Saints to face FC Augsburg and Sevilla

Show/hide article…

Saints welcome German side Augsburg on Wednesday 2nd August (7:45pm BST) before facing Spanish outfit Sevilla, again at St Mary’s, on Saturday 5th August (3pm BST), as they finish tuning up for the 2017/18 season.

Thanks to a special offer courtesy of Main Club Sponsor Virgin Media, supporters will be able to see both matches for the price of one, giving Saints fans a great opportunity to get an early glimpse of the team under the guidance of new manager Mauricio Pellegrino.

Tickets, which will give you entry to both matches, start from as little as £5 for Under-18s, with adults paying just £12, and will go on sale from tomorrow.

Prices are as follows:

• Adults £12

• Concessions (Over-65 / 18-21) £10

• Under-18s £5

Tickets will go on sale as follows:

• Season Ticket holders: Friday 14th July (9am)

• Official Members: Tuesday 18th July (9am)

• General Sale: Thursday 20th July (9am)

Initially, only seats in the Itchen, Northam and Chapel Stands will be available for purchase.

If you are attending both games, please ensure you retain your ticket from the Augsburg match, as this will also give you entry to Sevilla.

Please note, Season Ticket holders and Official Members will not have the games uploaded to their season cards, and will instead be issued with paper tickets.

How to buy:

• Online: tickets.saintsfc.co.uk

• Phone: 02381 780780

• In person: St Mary’s Ticket Office

Go to the original article…

...unassumingly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

A place on pre-season :white_check_mark:
A new six-month deal :white_check_mark:

#SaintsFC’s @JakeFlannigan34 is excited for what lies ahead: http://sfcne.ws/FlannyContract

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 19

...uniquely instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 14/07/2017 12:37:20

| | Former football lawyer claims Liverpool are back in talks with Southampton over van DijkCALCIOMERCATOCOM |
|

| Celtic boss Rodgers hails ‘incredible’ Steven Caulker as speculation mountsGETWESTLONDON |
| | REACTION: Southampton announce another ticket offer to fansFANSIDEDSAINTSMARCHING |

...disheveledly brought into existence by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:movie_camera:

We caught up with @JakeFlannigan34 in Austria to discuss his return from injury, a place on pre-season and a new… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/885846024664870912

Favourites: 6

...frighteningly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Saints announce new Taylor contract with poke at elaborate announcements

Show/hide article…

SAINTS have extended the contract of reserve goalkeeper Stuart Taylor by one year - and announced it in superb fashion.

The 36-year-old arrived at St Mary’s at the start of last season to provide back-up to Fraser Forster and Alex McCarthy, signing on for a season.

He’s now been handed another term.

Vice chairman (Football) Les Reed said: “Stuart was a fantastic presence in the squad last season, and the support he offered to his fellow goalkeepers and his teammates as a whole was first-class.

“We are very pleased that he will again be part of the squad for the coming season."

Speaking about the new deal, Taylor said: "I’m obviously delighted to have signed for another year.

“It’s a great bunch of lads and a great group, and I’m looking forward to working again with a great goalkeeper coach and a great squad of goalkeepers.”

Saints delivered a video on social media to accompany Taylor’s extension. It’s worth a look.

It is a gentle poke at this summer’s trend of producing elaborate videos to announce new signings.

...bright-eyedly synergised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 14/07/2017 13:37:34

| | Study claims Redmond is worth more than Ozil and LacazetteTEAMTALK |
| | Saints Announce Two For The Price Of One Home Friendlies - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Time for Southampton to cash in on Virgil van DijkFRESHSAINTS |
| | Saints Fans To Finally Get The Feel For Pellegrino - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Ex Saints Legend Claims Coutinho To St Mary’s Swap Deal Close ! - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...pettishly spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Opposition factfile - FC St Gallen | Southampton kick off their pre-season campaign with a friendly at Swiss side FC St Gallen on Saturday afternoon. … 14-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Saints, West Ham, Newcastle, Everton suffer blow in hunt for French winger2 days ago |
| What should we expect from the transfer window?2 days ago |
| Manchester City aim to tempt Southampton with huge bid for defender2 days ago |
| Saints and Everton to battle Palace for 20-year-old defender2 days ago |
| Atletico name their price for Southampton target2 days ago |
| Benfica look to hijack Southampton’s move for striker2 days ago |
| Southampton in talks with Atletico Madrid over move for striker3 days ago |
| Saints fans shouldn’t panic about the summer ahead3 days ago |
| Southampton eye deal for another Chelsea midfielder after missing out on Loftus-Cheek3 days ago |

...imperfectly contrived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by RealKevinPalmer tweet

@RealKevinPalmer - Kevin Palmer

Exclusive: Update on stories that Liverpool are in talks to sign Virgil van Dijk https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-southampton-not-re-opened-talks-liverpool-virgil-van-dijk-135652280.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw via… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/885861806048247808

Retweets: 9

Favourites: 11

...hypothetically hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 14/07/2017 14:37:49

| | Taylor Signs 12 Month Southampton ExtensionVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Southampton spectacularly mock player unveilings through Stuart Taylor’s contract extensionFOURFOURTWO |

...accommodatingly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Spirits were high as #SaintsFC enjoyed their final training session in Austria before facing St Gallen…

Favourites: 2

...inoffensively whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from talkSPORT article

Every Premier League team ranked by their most followed player on Facebook!

Show/hide article…

In the modern day, social media is just as big a part of football as the game itself.

Some players absolutely love getting in touch with their fans, while others prefer to stay away from websites such as Twitter and Facebook.

But who are the most popular players on these social media sites?

Earlier this week, talkSPORT revealed every club’s most popular player based on Twitter followers, and now we look at the same metric based on Facebook likes.

You can see the results of every club’s most liked player, ranked from least to most popular, by clicking the right arrow, above…

...stimulatingly assembled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Flannigan excited by pre-season and new deal

Show/hide article…

Following two cruel years of injury trouble, the 21-year-old is now back on the front foot, with a chance to impress new boss Mauricio Pellegrino in this week’s training camp in Austria.

The trip comes as Flannigan has put pen to paper on a new deal, with the club giving him the opportunity and security to focus on pushing on in these coming months.

“When I got told I was coming out here I was delighted and am just trying to take every day as best as I can and take the opportunity with two hands,” said Flannigan, who suffered two ACL injuries in 2015, before requiring another operation last year, ahead of returning to health at the back end of the 2016/17 season.

"I feel in a very good place. I’m still trying to get my fitness back. I still feel like I’m still a little bit behind fitness-wise, but I think that’s just all part of pre-season and coming back from injury, but it is exciting knowing what’s to come and I just want to keep impressing and hopefully go on the next pre-season trip.”

Speaking about the new six-month deal, he added: "It’s really important. I can only be grateful to the club, because once again they’ve shown their faith in me.

“They didn’t have to offer me a new contract, and it’s such a cutthroat business that a lot of players would have just been thrown out. I’m just really happy, because they have shown faith in me and it’s now my turn to show what I can do.

“I’ve had so many ups and downs and so many times when I’ve thought I was coming back into playing again and there’s been another setback, so I’ve had to stay really headstrong, but now I’m done with all that.

“I just want to put it in the past and see myself as a fit player now and really ready to push on.”

...insipidly erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Harry Lewis has today signed a new three-year deal with #SaintsFC and has joined @dundeeunitedfc on a year’s loan: http://sfcne.ws/Lewis2020

Retweets: 19

Favourites: 37

...owlishly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 14/07/2017 16:38:17

| | Juventus Look Towards Liverpool Target Virgil van Dijk As Leonardo Bonucci ReplacementINSIDEFUTBOLCOM |
| | Report: Bundesliga midfielder tracked by Huddersfield and SouthamptonHEREISTHECITY |

...horribly invented by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Southampton tie down goalkeeper to new deal | Southampton Football Club have confirmed that young goalkeeper Harry Lewis has penned a new three-year contract. … 14-07-2017 |

Older content…

| Opposition factfile - FC St Gallen16 hours ago |
| Saints, West Ham, Newcastle, Everton suffer blow in hunt for French winger2 days ago |
| What should we expect from the transfer window?2 days ago |
| Manchester City aim to tempt Southampton with huge bid for defender2 days ago |
| Saints and Everton to battle Palace for 20-year-old defender2 days ago |
| Atletico name their price for Southampton target2 days ago |
| Benfica look to hijack Southampton’s move for striker2 days ago |
| Southampton in talks with Atletico Madrid over move for striker3 days ago |
| Saints fans shouldn’t panic about the summer ahead3 days ago |

...indiscreetly devised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

World football’s most expensive team position by position

Show/hide article…

With Kyle Walker signing for Manchester City, the England full-back has become the world’s most expensive right-back after completing his move from Tottenham.

In turn, he slots into a team of football’s costliest players by position which features some of the game’s greatest ever talents.

Combined, the side cost £669.25m to assemble - with the inclusion of seven substitutes listed in the positions they typically might be for a match taking the amount to over £1bn.

Using Sky Sports’ data, here’s a look at who makes it into the team based on how much they were sold for in their biggest transfers.

Ederson became the world’s most expensive goalkeeper just last month when he signed a five-year deal with Manchester City in a move from Benfica. He is now expected to be the club’s first choice in the position ahead of Claudio Bravo, signed for £17.1m from Barcelona last summer.

The total cost of the deal which has taken Walker to the Etihad almost doubles the previous record for a right-back, the £27.1m Real Madrid paid Benfica for Fabio Coentrao in 2011. The Portugal international moved to Benfica’s fierce rivals Sporting Lisbon on loan this month.

Luiz’s move to PSG in 2014 represents terrific business for Chelsea, especially as they were able to buy the Brazil international back for £20m less just two years later. He played a key role in their Premier League title win last season, the club’s fifth in 12 years.

The total package which took Stones to City amounts to £50m, with Everton receiving an initial £47.5m when the defender signed a six-year deal with Pep Guardiola’s team last summer. He made 23 Premier League starts in his first campaign at the club, with four more outings off the bench.

Somewhat surprisingly, the £28m Manchester United paid Southampton for Shaw three years ago remains the highest fee paid for a left-back in world football. That makes him the cheapest player in the team - and thus his status within it is probably under threat most.

Di Maria features twice near the top of the list of highest football transfer fees given he also cost PSG £44.3m when he left United but it’s the £59.7m which took him to Old Trafford for his sole season in Manchester which secures him a place on the right wing of the world’s costliest team.

The current world record holder for the highest ever transfer fee, Pogba moved back to United from Juventus for a total cost of £93.25m last year. Will his mark be surpassed this summer? It has not come close to happening yet - but there’s little sign of summer spending tailing off either.

Rodriguez signed for Real from Monaco off the back of an impressive series of displays for Colombia at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil but has struggled to justify his £63m fee as he has failed to hold down a regular place. He is now starting a two-year loan in Germany with Bayern Munich.

Bale’s £85.3m transfer fee stands as the highest amount received by a British club following his switch from Tottenham to Real Madrid in 2013. He has been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu and at 27, the Welsh international would cost big money to acquire were he to move on again.

Perhaps due to the rounding up of the differing Euro rate against the pound as much as anything, Higuain’s move from Napoli to Juventus keeps Romelu Lukaku out of the starting line-up by a mere £300,000. He scored 24 goals in Serie A for the Champions League finalists last season.

Still the world’s most expensive striker after his transfer from Manchester United to Real Madrid eight years ago, Ronaldo is unhappy at being accused of tax fraud in Spain and could move on. He’ll cost much more than £80m though, with claims of a £1bn release clause in his contract.

Goalkeeper - Gianluigi Buffon (Parma to Juventus - £32.6m)

Defender - Shkodran Mustafi (Valencia to Arsenal - £35m)

Midfielder - Kaka (AC Milan to Real Madrid - £59m)

Midfielder - Kevin De Bruyne (Wolfsburg to Man City - £54.5m)

Midfielder - Zinedine Zidane (Juventus to Real Madrid - £47.2m)

Forward - Romelu Lukaku (Everton to Man Utd - £75m)

Forward - Luis Suarez (Liverpool to Barcelona - £65m)

...sportively brought to pass by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Dietmar Hamann reveals the Premier League player he would “love” at Liverpool

Show/hide article…

Dietmar Hamann has listed the type of players he wants at Liverpool next season and revealed he would “love” Virgil van Dijk to be one of them.

The 2005 Champions League winning hero was speaking after playing for Germany in the Star Sixes tournament at the O2.

Hamann featured in his country’s 4-3 win over France.

But the midfielder, who spent seven seasons at Anfield, turned his attentions back to club football when asked about Liverpool’s transfer business.

The 43-year-old strongly believes signings need to be made, particularly in the defensive department.

“I’d like to see a left-back, I’d like to see a centre-back, maybe a holding midfielder,” said Hamann.

"If we can get him [Naby Keita], I think he would bring a lot to the team. But I think they need to strengthen defensively as that’s been their Achilles heel for the past few years.

"That would be great [if Liverpool could sign van Dijk]. He’s one of the best centre-backs in league. I think the club handled the situation poorly and they were reported to the Premier League.

“Whether that’s affected his decision now I do not know. I’d love to see him at the club because I think he would improve the team no end.”

...probingly concocted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 14/07/2017 17:38:30

| | Hamann on Van Dijk, Keita and a change of approach for KloppGOLIVERPOOL |
| | Liverpool handled Van Dijk interest ‘poorly’ - HamannSPORTSKEEDA |
| | Opposition factfile - FC St GallenREADSOUTHAMPTON |
| | Southampton, Huddersfield tracking Austria midfielderTEAMTALK |
| | Van Dijk in negotiations with Liverpool over transferREADLIVERPOOL |

...improvidently produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!