OptiNews - Friday 17 to Thursday 23 November 2017

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

:tv:

Watch the second half of @SFC_Foundation’s special #AGameOfTwoHalves show live: http://sfcne.ws/LiveAGOTH17 #saintsfc

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 1

...forthcomingly conceived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 22/11/2017 22:06:04

| | Good for West Ham and Saints: Everton striker banned for two games101GREATGOALS |

...contritely given breath to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Here’s your chance to win a signed #SaintsFC shirt in our latest competition: https://cards.twitter.com/cards/rh0us/51w8a

...briskly developed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 22/11/2017 23:06:16

| | Would Liverpool’s top transfer target Virgil van Dijk be value for money at £70m?ANFIELDHQ |

...unfavourably given rise to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Premier League Sunday Preview

Show/hide article…

Watch a preview of Sunday’s Premier League fixtures including Arsenal’s trip to Burnley while Man City face Huddersfield at the John Smith’s stadium

Go to the original article…

...comparatively whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Niasse banned for Saints visit

Show/hide article…

Everton striker Oumar Niasse will serve a two-match ban - starting St Mary’s on Sunday - after his appeal against a diving charge was rejected by the Football Association.

The Senegalese becomes the first Premier League player to be hit with a retrospective suspension for simulation under the new law that kicked in at the start of this season.

Niasse was charged on Tuesday by the FA after he won a controversial penalty in Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.

A statement from the FA on Wednesday said: "Everton’s Oumar Niasse will serve a two-match suspension with immediate effect after his denial of an FA charge of ‘Successful Deception of a Match Official’ was rejected.

"It was alleged he committed an act of simulation which led to a penalty being awarded in the fifth minute of the game against Crystal Palace on 18 November 2017.

“He denied the charge, however, it was found proven following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today (Wednesday 22 November 2017).”

The ban means Niasse, Everton’s top-scorer, will miss the league games at Saints on Sunday and at home against West Ham three days later.

...mincingly pieced together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Live: A Game Of Two Halves

Show/hide article…

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to their use. View cookie policy.

...factually thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/11/2017 08:08:25

| | Southampton should explore surprise deal for former star in JanuaryFOOTBALLFANCAST |

...dependently fathered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:camera_flash:

Take a look through our images from @SFC_Foundation’s charity gameshow, A Game of Two Halves!… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/933620061369233408

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 6

...acidly fathered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/11/2017 09:08:38

| | Will boring football become the norm?READSOUTHAMPTON |

...troubledly created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by Ladbrokes tweet

@Ladbrokes - Ladbrokes

#OnThisDay in 1996…

:stopwatch: 32’ - Ali Dia comes on for his Premier League debut
:stopwatch: 85’ - Ali Dia is subbed off and neve… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/933643884202221573

Retweets: 5

...pusillanimously hewn by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:eyes:

Read up on how #SaintsFC’s @HarrisonReed, @SamGallagher40
and @olomola got on in a busy midweek of action in the… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/933651568095834112

Favourites: 3

...pressuringly instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/11/2017 11:09:06

| | Referees appointed for Huddersfield vs. Man City (26.11.2017) and Man City vs. Southampton (29.11.2017) – City WatchCITYWATCH |
| | City Summary – November 22: Three nominated for UEFA Team of the Year, Draxler linked, referee appointments for …CITYWATCH |
|

| “It doesn’t surprise me” Saints Legend Says He Isn’t Surprised To See This Brazilian Hotshot Get Linked To Tottenham …TOTHELANEANDBACK |
| | Southampton trio ‘free to leave’ St Mary’s this JanuaryNOTHINGBUTNEWCASTLE |

...impressionably invented by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| It’s Six Pointer Sunday ! | We haven’t had one of these for a while, but it’s back, after Black Friday it’s Six Pointer Sunday, as Saints battle … 23-11-2017 |

Older content…

| Saints Board Should Not Act In Haste !a day ago |
| Niasse Could Miss Saints Game After Diving Charge2 days ago |
| Sunday Needs Unity !2 days ago |
| Virgin Media Subsidise Saints Trip To Wembley To Face Spurs3 days ago |
| Striker Sale Stories Are Mischief Making And Should Be Ignored3 days ago |
| Saints At Liverpool The Verdict4 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Liverpool Game Fans Reactions4 days ago |
| Liverpool 3-0 Southampton - Player Ratings and Reports5 days ago |
| Pellgrino’s Honesty Starts Media Frenzy !6 days ago |
| Saints Dutch Star Desperate To Move !6 days ago |

...neatly churned out by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Morgan Schneiderlin’s form and character under scrutiny at Everton

Show/hide article…

Morgan Schneiderlin returns to former club Southampton on Super Sunday with his form and character under scrutiny at Everton, so what’s going wrong for the midfielder?

Morgan Schneiderlin’s stock was high when he left Southampton for Manchester United in July 2015. The France international had just helped his old club to a historically high Premier League finish, and he arrived at Old Trafford as one of the most admired midfielders in the division. For a side with title aspirations, the £25m fee seemed like money well spent.

Two-and-a-half years on, however, and he returns to St Mary’s Stadium in very different circumstances. Schneiderlin swapped Manchester United for Everton in January having made just three starts in the first half of last season under Jose Mourinho, and his current plight is even worse.

Schneiderlin has struggled as badly as anyone in Everton’s dismal start to the new campaign. It is over a month since Ronald Koeman was sacked and the club look rudderless as well as managerless. Following a run of one win from 10 in all competitions, they sit just three points above the relegation zone in 16th place.

From Schneiderlin’s perspective, his last three starts rather sum it all up. He suffered a hamstring injury in their 2-1 defeat at home to Lyon last month, he was sent off when he returned to the starting line-up against the same opposition two weeks later, and a toe problem forced him off at half-time during Saturday’s meeting with Crystal Palace.

In between the injuries and red cards (he was also sent off against Manchester City in August) there have been poor performances and questions over his character. Caretaker manager David Unsworth insisted there was “no real story” in Schneiderlin being sent away from training along with Kevin Mirallas earlier this month, but the episode has left a cloud over an already fraught campaign nonetheless.

It is an altogether different picture from last season. Schneiderlin had played just 11 Premier League minutes in six months when he arrived at Goodison Park, but it did not take long for his new side to feel his influence. In the 12 games he started, Everton recorded seven wins, three draws and two defeats. Their win rate jumped from 38 per cent to 58 per cent.

His midfield partnership with Idrissa Gueye showed promise, and he linked up with his team-mates in the summer in optimistic mood. “I want to have a great pre-season, push myself to the limit and push this football club back to the top,” he said in June. “I’m happy with my performances but I know I can push myself even more to be the best as possible.”

Those comments came just as Everton were embarking on an unprecedented spending spree which would raise expectations even further around the club, but with Romelu Lukaku gone and a glaring lack of pace in wide positions, they have looked impotent ever since.

Schneiderlin must, of course, take some of the responsibility for his own drop in form, but he has not been helped by what’s gone on around him. The stats show he is still covering ground, tackling and intercepting at roughly the same rate as last season, but Everton’s imbalanced system means it is no longer enough to keep opponents at bay. His life has been made far harder with the ball, too.

From Schneiderlin and Gylfi Sigurdsson to Davy Klaassen and Wayne Rooney, Everton have plenty of passers but no one for them to pass to. Without movement or dynamism in attacking positions, their build-up play has suffered badly. Their possession has fallen from 51 per cent to 47 per cent and their passing accuracy is down from 79 per cent to 76 per cent.

They may seem like small changes but they hint at big problems. Schneiderlin is a player who excels at building attacks from deep positions but these days he is being bypassed altogether. Remarkably, goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has made more than twice as many passes into the final third than any other Everton player.

It is indicative of a team lacking a plan and it is far from ideal for a ball-playing central midfielder. Schneiderlin has gone from making 72 passes per 90 minutes last season to just 50 per 90 minutes in the new campaign. Once so influential, he is now struggling to work out what his role is.

Sunday’s return to the south-coast will be a reminder of how far Schneiderlin’s stock has fallen. It would be fitting for him to provide a reminder of his qualities on the ground where he made his name, but Everton’s issues will not make it easy and nor might those questions over his character. A season that started with such promise still seems to be drifting.

Watch Southampton v Everton live on Sky Sports Premier League HD from 12.30pm on Sunday

...relentingly produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

We’re wishing a very happy #Thanksgiving to all of our American followers! Have a great day :us: #saintsfc

...trailingly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

We’re wishing a happy #Thanksgiving to all of our American followers! Have a great day :us: #saintsfc

...finely created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Lambert insists it’s no time to panic over Saints’ form

Show/hide article…

SAINTS legend Rickie Lambert insists that now is not the time to panic about the club’s poor form – and believes it’s a “matter of time” before Mauricio Pellegrio’s men climb up the Premier League.

The 35-year-old, who netted 117 goals in 235 appearances for Saints, keeps track of the team’s progress and is sure they’ll end a woeful recent run, which has seen them win just one in seven matches.

“I’ve heard from a few of the players and everyone inside the building understands it’s not quite going well exactly,” said the former England striker, who retired back in October. “But it’s not far off.

“It’s the first time in a few years there’s been a little dip. It’s not anything to worry about. It’s only a matter of time before this group of players are climbing back up the league.

“But you can’t forget how fierce the competition is in the Premier League. Sooner or later you’re not going to be constantly going up. Eventually you’ll have a little dip.

“The players are on it now and the manager too. Everyone involved I can see they are going to start climbing the league.”

Lambert, who left Saints for boyhood heroes Liverpool in 2014 after a sensational stay at St Mary’s – which included double promotions from League One to Premier League, has urged calm about the way the season is going.

“That’s got to be there from the get-go anyway and I’m sure it is there,” he said, when asked if the team need to fight and pull together now. “If you’re not quite on it you get punished.

“You might not be a million miles away, you might just be able to tweak it here and there and you can see the results change.

“But I don’t think its anything to panic about. Not quite now anyway and I think they are all together.

“From speaking to a few players it’s a good bunch of lads and you’ve just got to be patient with the team. I’m sure they’ll turn it around.”

He added: “I’ve been there myself. Sometimes it’s a performance when you’re losing 2-0 or 3-0 and you come back and draw or you win it, or you’re playing against one of the big boys who you’re not expected to win against and you beat them 2-0 or 3-0.

“That gets you going again and you go on a run. We did it the first season when I was at Saints. We were struggling and then you win three games on the bounce and you go up four or five places and it is soon forgotten about.

“It’s obviously what everyone is hoping for here. As long as you’re believing in what you’re doing it will turn and I’m sure it will.”

Watch out for the Daily Echo’s interview with Lambert about his plans for his retirement soon.

...penitentially introduced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Gallery: A Game of Two Halves

Show/hide article…

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to their use. View cookie policy.

...analytically erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/11/2017 15:21:12

| | 2 Southampton stars Aston Villa must snap up in January to enhance their promotion credentials | | Where football …THETRANSFERTAVERN |

...assimilatedly prepared by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!