OptiNews - Friday 23 to Thursday 29 June 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/06/2017 10:52:47

| | Ex-Coventry City loan star wanted by FOUR Premier League clubsGOCOVENTRY |
| | Reds hero talks up chances of mega Liverpool deal going through this summerLIVE4LIVERPOOL |
| | Reiteration that Pellegrino will become Southampton manager 'in the next few hours’SPORTWITNESS |
| | Antonio Conte has two world-class names in mind to solve Chelsea headache, including £50m stalwartCAUGHTOFFSIDE |
| | Bad new for Liverpool as Virgil Van Dijk ‘heads’ to Chelsea101GREATGOALS |

...vulgarly brought into existence by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/06/2017 11:53:01

| | Chelsea move closer to Van Dijk deal?SPORTSMOLE |
| | Antonio Conte “wants Chelsea to sign Leonardo Bonucci or Virgil van Dijk”SQUAWKA |
| | Chelsea closing in on £60m deal for long-term Manchester City centre-back target – City WatchCITYWATCH |

...flauntingly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

#SaintsFC’s 2017/18 Adult membership is now available to purchase!

Check out the range of benefits here: http://sfcne.ws/AdultMember1718

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 3

...occasionally given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

First trophy for futsal programme

Show/hide article…

The accomplishment is reward for what the programme has been working towards since its inception in 2011, and underlines the continued progression of what is swiftly being recognised as one of the top futsal and education programmes in the country.

To cap off the feat of picking up their maiden elite trophy, the scholars also remained unbeaten throughout the entire season, racking up 34 goals and only conceding ten, making it to this week’s national finals, in Birmingham.

The team is coached by Andy Powell, who was named a Premier League Kicks Hero this year after coming through the Kicks programme to participate in the futsal scholarship, before moving on to become a full-time coach.

The team is a prime example of the clear pathway that is on offer to scholars within the Foundation, with five out of the seven players who won the title also regularly training with Foundation’s National League side.

Andy said: “The team’s hard work and attitude in training has been unbelievable and they should be very proud of what they have achieved so far.

“I am glad that I could pass on my experience and coaching style and enable them to achieve success.”

It is not the only success for Saints Foundation’s Education in Football and Futsal Development Programme.

A total of 32 students are set to graduate with a BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport this summer.

Caitlin Collighan is one of ten girls who started out with the Foundation in 2015 as part of their very first intake on the Ladies Futsal Scholarship, and she said: “Throughout the two years of being on the scholarship I have been able to develop both through education and on the futsal court.

“I have surpassed my target grades which has given me the opportunity to now go on and further my education at university.”

Caitlin this season finished as the leading goalscorer in the Ladies National Futsal League and also received an invitation to trials for the Northern Ireland Ladies Under-19 team.

“Winning the top goalscorer award for both the Ladies Futsal National League and Cup is a huge honour for me,” she said. “Through playing Futsal I feel it has developed my 11 a-side game also and helped me to achieve international recognition with Northern Ireland at under-19 level – this I something I am extremely proud of.”

Go to the original article…

...swinishly thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from ESPN FC article

Manolo Gabbiadini has his cake and can’t eat it

Show/hide article…

Southampton striker Manolo Gabbiadini used the off-season to get married to his long-term partner Martina Rubini, with the pair getting hitched in the parish church of Sasso Marconi, Bologna.

As well as the usual flowers and finery, the ceremony also boasted what is quite possibly the biggest wedding cake we’ve ever seen.

Crikey. That’s a whole lot of cake!

Gabbiadini is going to have to hit his preseason training regime extra hard if he’s going to work that monstrous thing off in time for the start of the new campaign.

Chris covers the funny side of the game for ESPN FC in the Toe Poke blog.

...obeisantly formulated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Virgil Van Dijk to Liverpool: Journalist explains why he thinks deal is not dead

Show/hide article…

At least that’s the verdict of the Sunday Times’ Jonathan Northcroft, who says the Saints’ current ownership and managerial situation could be holding up a deal. Van Dijk, 25, emerged as Jurgen Klopp’s top target to strengthen his defence ahead of Liverpool’s probable return to Champions League action next season. But the Reds were forced to officially withdraw their interest in him earlier this month after Southampton accused them of tapping him up. Murmurs have restarted that Klopp could yet make a move to convince the south coast club into letting Van Dijk swap St. Mary’s for Anfield.

And Northcroft reckons Liverpool could land their man later this summer, with the centre-back keen on a big-money switch to Merseyside. He told The Anfield Wrap: "I think the biggest problem in all of it is the moment in time that Southampton are in. They’re between managers, and between owners, there’s a takeover underway. "You don’t sell your best players when there’s a takeover going on because that takes away from the value of what you’re selling to start with.

“I think towards the end of the window there might be better conditions for a transfer” Jonathan Northcroft believes Liverpool may still sign Southampton star Virgil Van Dijk this summer "The new owners might have completely different ideas and want to invest hundreds of millions, so all that kind of stuff. "It is very difficult for them to sell at the moment and difficult to go on the hunt for a new manager and at the same time sell your best players. That doesn’t really help you attract the right coaching talent. You’d want the new man to make that decision. "The other thing is, there is this difficult moment in time for Southampton, but that will pass. They’ll come out with a new manager and it will be down to him I think to decide what to do with what is a problem, because the player still wants to go and play for Liverpool. "The player still wants to leave Southampton and he’s the club captain. So it will come down to whether the new manager feels he can manage that situation or ‘You know what, I’ll cut my losses, I’ll take 60-odd million, I’ll rebuild the squad’.

...selfishly created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/06/2017 12:53:14

| | FA End Betting SponsorshipVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Virgil Van Dijk could soon be a Chelsea player after reported €68m bidANFIELDHQ |

...appealingly cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Juventus enquire for key Southampton full-back | Juventus have reportedly contacted Southampton to discuss the availability of right back Cedric Soares. The Old Lady … 23-06-2017 |

Older content…

| Chelsea make €68m offer to sign Virgil van Dijk2 days ago |
| Mauricio Pellegrino to sign three-year deal with Southampton2 days ago |
| Palace offer job to Saints target De Boer2 days ago |
| Redmond backs English talent at Southampton2 days ago |
| Fenerbahce set to beat Southampton to Emre Mor2 days ago |
| Southampton close in on appointing manager2 days ago |
| Southampton keen on Norwich winger but face competition2 days ago |
| Southampton consider former Schalke manager2 days ago |
| European prospects that Saints should sign2 days ago |

...randily assembled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| How Dear Is It For A Premier League Season Ticket ? | Adam Beaumont of e-soccer.com takes a look at the cheapest and dearest Premier League season ticket prices for the … 23-06-2017 |
| Juventus Interested In Cedric Soares | The latest story coming out of Portugal is that Juventus are interested in Cedric Soares and have enquired about the … 23-06-2017 |

Older content…

| Chelsea Launch £60 Million Virgil Van Djik Bid.12 hours ago |
| Saints to announce Pellegrino in ‘The coming hours’.2 days ago |
| Crystal Palace believe Pellegrino is off to Saints.2 days ago |
| Virgil Van Dijk To Chain Himself To The Mersey Ferry To Force Move2 days ago |
| Clasie Tops Lazio’s Wish List !2 days ago |
| Liverpool Legend Now Encouraging Van Dijk To Go On Strike !2 days ago |
| Redmond Chases Shearer Record2 days ago |
| Prodigal Son Could Return To St Mary’s2 days ago |
| Southampton FC Need Ryan Giggs !2 days ago |
| Pellegrino close to being named Saints Boss.2 days ago |

...unassumingly instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from ESPN FC article

Transfer Talk: Chelsea looking to shore up defence with Bonucci, Van Dijk

Show/hide article…

Antonio Conte wants Chelsea to strengthen their defence with the acquisition of either Juventus’ Leonardo Bonucci or Southampton’s Virgil van Dijk, but the signing of either could prove tricky to complete, according to the Guardian.

For more on Chelsea’s plans on defence, as well as other rumours, check out Transfer Talk by clicking here.

...conflictedly thought-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Star article

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte makes £60m-rated Virgil Van Dijk No.1 defender target - report

Show/hide article…

The Holland international has earned rave reviews ever since he moved to St. Mary’s from Glasgow giants Celtic in 2015.

And during the 2016/17 campaign he was linked with a cluster of clubs, including Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester City.

The Reds were forced to officially drop their interest in Van Dijk earlier this month after being accused of tapping him up.

And the latest reports suggest Conte is planning to take advantage of Jurgen Klopp’s misfortune by raiding Southampton.

...habitually devised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/06/2017 13:53:28

| | Southampton and Crystal Palace close in on managerial appointments | The Sack RaceTHESACKRACE |
| | Bonucci vs Van Dijk: There’s only one choice Blues board should be makingFOOTBALLLONDON |
| | Chelsea Put Virgil van Dijk at Top of Transfer Targets ListINSIDEFUTBOLCOM |
| | Chelsea Launch £60 Million Virgil Van Djik Bid. - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |

...permissively sired by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:soccer::soccer::soccer:

Look back at all the winners of the @Sure Goal of the Month award from #SaintsFC’s 2016/17 season:

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 7

...stalwartly sculpted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/06/2017 14:23:04

| | Reliable journalist: Chelsea make PL star their top transfer priority this summer (not Lukaku)THISISFUTBOLCOM |

...acrimoniously assembled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 23/06/2017 15:23:47

| | Report: Chelsea manager Antonio Conte wants centre-back pair worth £108mSPORTSKEEDA |
| | Juventus open talks to sign Southampton’s Cedric Soares, negotiations in early stagesSPORTWITNESS |
|

| England sweating on Nathaniel Chalobah and Nathan Redmond fitness before U21 Euro semi-finalIBTIMES |
| | Ex-Newcastle and Saints boss Alan Pardew ready to return to managementSQUAWKA |
| | CLUBCALL |

...dotingly given rise to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Unemployed Saints fan got naked at St Mary’s for money

Show/hide article…

A SAINTS fan who was bet £50 by his friends to streak on the St Mary’s pitch has been fined the same amount in court.

Brett Andrews, 43, had been drinking while watching the Saints take on Stoke City on May 21, and was bet by his five friends, £10 each to streak on the pitch.

After agreeing, he stripped naked and ran from block 15 in the Chapel stand behind the goal, but was stopped by two stewards at the advertising boards.

The 43-year-old, of Neva Road, Southampton, pleaded guilty to outraging public decency and was fined £50, as well as being given a 12-month community order. He was also ordered to pay an £85 victim surcharge.

Southampton Magistrates Court heard how Mr Andrews, who is unemployed, ‘needed the money’ and was ‘only doing it for a laugh’.

Prosecuting, Rachel Standish told the court that two stewards held onto Mr Andrews by the side of the pitch and dressed him, with others leaving the stadium because of his actions.

Ms Standish said: “The stewards noticed that there were families around, and indeed some did leave after witnessing the incident. He had been drinking and he did go quietly after the incident.

“It was his mates who dared him to do something stupid. He was bet to streak on the pitch and he wasn’t really thinking.

“He is ashamed and embarrassed at his actions.”

Defence solicitor Louise Morgan said the actions of Mr Andrews were ‘stupid’ and that he had no intentions of causing harm to anyone in the stadium.

Ms Morgan said: “He made a stupid decision and he had no intentions of making anyone feel scared or of causing harm to anyone.

“He was dared by his friends to streak and that they would give him ten pounds each, and he was with five friends.

“Mr Andrews said he needed the money and he was stopped by the stewards.”

Presiding, magistrate Ann Fielder said: “A combination of your friends and the amount you had to drink lead to what turned out to be a most stupid and foolish incident.

“It was a football match with a lot of people and you heard that someone left when they saw what you had done.”

...stand-offishly instigated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SimonPeach tweet

@SimonPeach - Simon Peach

Mauricio Pellegrino has signed a three-year deal to become the new #SaintsFC manager

Retweets: 9

Favourites: 7

...acrobatically brought into existence by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintPellegrino :innocent:

We are delighted to announce Mauricio Pellegrino as #SaintsFC’s new First Team Manager!

Retweets: 214

Favourites: 202

...chidingly made by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintPellegrino

Mauricio Pellegrino has agreed a three-year deal at #SaintsFC and will link up with the club next… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/878279705404870656

Retweets: 175

Favourites: 211

...brusquely modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintPellegrino

Read the full story as Mauricio Pellegrino signs a three-year deal as #SaintsFC boss: http://sfcne.ws/MPAnnouncement

Retweets: 21

Favourites: 50

...singularly spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!