Orange is the new Black

woah now ur even sounding like my mum!

Sort Of On Topic i was listening to an interview with the bird who makes Girls which is a good show on HBO that i like, and she was saying bout nudity that if she’s doing a scene where she would normally be naked, i.e. if she is having sex, then she will be naked in that scene. Or if i.e. she’s home alone doing the ironing, she would prob be naked in that scene too, cos she’s a lazy fat slob with tattoos on her arms that she hand-drew herself with a biro. But if she’s doing a scene i.e. like she’s going to a job interview, she would prob not be naked in that scene, unless the job was i.e. to be an actress on HBO.

We’re ok with all that, ain’t we? Girls is a feminist show!

We’re ok with all that, ain’t we? Girls is a feminist show!

Well of course. Getting your clothes off is good!

It’s just that when a male dominated industry making multi millions of pounds, figures out that getting young actresses to strip off in every film or TV show for no justifiable reason, beyond making the industry even more millions of pounds, that suddenly it sounds a bit more seedy.

Not criticising men (or women) for wanting to look at pictures of attractive naked people - it’s only natural. It’s just a bit one-sided at the moment.

i do think prob if i was making a tv show i wouldn’t put hot nudity right at the beginning, because ideally i would want bros to watch the whole episode, or at least till the commercial break, and not to stop watching after i.e. 2 mins cos they have to go wash their hands.

I actually think that was the idea with Orange Is New Black, they put a sexy shower scene first up cos they want to be a feminist show and so after that scene they can be like, ok, now we’ve got rid of the bros, we can start talking bout feelings + bout what sort of tampons they use in prison + bout things like that that the only ppl would be interested in is ppl like i.e. women and ppl like i.e. bletch

i do think prob if i was making a tv show i wouldn’t put hot nudity right at the beginning, because ideally i would want bros to watch the whole episode, or at least till the commercial break, and not to stop watching after i.e. 2 mins cos they have to go wash their hands.

I actually think that was the idea with Orange Is New Black, they put a sexy shower scene first up cos they want to be a feminist show and so after that scene they can be like, ok, now we’ve got rid of the bros, we can start talking bout feelings + bout what sort of tampons they use in prison + bout things like that that the only ppl would be interested in is ppl like i.e. women and ppl like i.e. bletch

Yeah, none taken, Bear. But to be honest I’m more of a wash my hands feminist.

1 Like

But to be honest I’m more of a wash my hands feminist.

My kinda guy :wink:

1 Like

I concur bletch. It’s good TV. Choice language use too.

The scene in season 1 (Moscow Mule episode I think) where Healy and Mendez are discussing, out of the blue, whether moustaches are gay or not is one of my favourite bits of TV from the last 2 or 3 years. Genius.

1 Like

Originally posted by TheCholulaKid

I concur bletch. It’s good TV. Choice language use too.

The scene in season 1 (Moscow Mule episode I think) where Healy and Mendez are discussing, out of the blue, whether moustaches are gay or not is one of my favourite bits of TV from the last 2 or 3 years. Genius.

Finally a ‘man’? with taste that can look beyond the lesbian sex, and see the series for what it is.

Bear knows nothing and Lou can be a little trigger happy on her female exploitation gun.

Mendez is a fantastic character, isn’t he?

Welcome to papsweb BTW.

PS I said ‘man’? because I didn’t know if you were Gay Boots’ kid brother.

I only watched the first minute of this to check the download worked and the subs sinked properly. It looked to have potential.

3 Likes

Fk sakes, bletch.

You’ve got to learn to market this shit properly.

If you’d have just said “Captain Janeway is in it”, it might have taken me a bit less than a week to get around to checking it out.

1 Like

You need to watch Game of Thrones Lou Lou my sweet, that has sexually equal gratuitous nudity everywhere…