Other forums

Come on, Lou.

You can’t leave it there.

More details please.

1 Like

I’ve often asked the OP’s question, as there is only so much to read on one or two saints forums and the urge to waste time frequently outlives the drivel available.

It is a bit like going to a pub and asking the barman if he knows any good pubs round here.

Still, l am interested in what interests other people. The saints forums Redslo listed the other day have some good (and some crap) material. Personally, TheLadBible is ok for funnies, but I don’t really participate in other stuff except when life events get in the way (emigration, illness).

I didn’t realise we had a major label singer here - is Coxford Lou Craig David?

2 Likes

About 10 years ago I used to be on a support group site for people who were in, or had been in, realtionship with people with Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Most of the people on the forum were Americans - there were only a handful of Brits there. It was a great place to be and mostly very supportive, although, as with most forums, there was the occasional meltdown and a group of us left to set up a new Board at one point (sound familiar?). The Board closed a few years back but I am still in touch with some of the old posters via FB. Having been recently diagnosed with a DVT I also briefly joined a forum for DVT sufferers. Gave that up after a few days though as there were no laughs in it ( surpisingly there was a lot of humour on the NPD forum despite the fact most of us had been ground down to nervous wrecks by the Ns in our lives).

1 Like

Originally posted by @anal1

I didn’t realise we had a major label singer here - is Coxford Lou Craig David?

Sometimes some people (Hypo) get me wrong

When it’s something I’ve said or done

Sometimes you feel there is no fun

That’s why I turned and run (to Papsweb)

But now I truly realise

Hypo don’t wanna compromise

Well I saw him with my own eyes spreading those lies

And well I don’t wanna live a lie, too many sleepless nights

Not mentioning the fights, I’m sorry to say, Hypo

I’m walking away from the troubles on Saintsweb

I’m walking away oh to find a nicer forum.

5 Likes

Well, I used to play in a band (still do, but less seriously) and our band did some gigs in Nashvile, U.S. So I put a message up on a music forum to say come and see us, and this guy from Mercury emailed me to say it sounded interesting and to drop him off a CD. So we did, and he came along to our gig that evening, chatted to us afterwards, and said he’d call us. Next day, he did call, set up an appointment in his swanky office on Music Row, and played us lots of demos he thought could work for us (they were pretty shit mainstream Nashville fare). Then he said, we’d need to work on this and that, but to get in touch again in a year. Unfortunately our band disbanded soon after that, so we’ll never know whether I could have been the next Taylor Swift or not. :slight_smile:

I can’t imagine getting that kind of response on a music forum these days. Early Internet was more fun.

4 Likes

Never heard of this until recently where a good friend’s mum pretty much has this disorder and my friend has joined a support group. It is actually a friend. Not me.

I am in no other forums. Just an exclusive deal with sotonians.

i get my movie news from Elsewhere.

Originally posted by Intiniki

I am in no other forums. Just an exclusive deal with sotonians.

I reckon Pap must have something on you, Intiniki, for you to have put up with us for this long… :wink:

1 Like

hmmm. I may have on other people. Not sure about them on me.

1 Like

Feel free to share :wink:

Tiddly winks forum lol - I’m not joining.

None really,the Ugly, and thats it.

I once pissed in the corner of intiniki’s bedroom after consuming half a bottle of rum.

4 Likes

Good tactic. Admit to every possible indiscretion to avoid blackmail opportunities, whilst appearing to voters an honourable and honest man who has learnt from the experiences of his miscreant youth.

It worked, I upvoted you. :wink:

2 Likes

Shocking behavior no matter the circumstances…I downvoted both of you. :laughing:

2 Likes

Originally posted by @lifeintheslowlane

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Good tactic. Admit to every possible indiscretion to avoid blackmail opportunities, whilst appearing to voters an honourable and honest man who has learnt from the experiences of his miscreant youth.

It worked, I upvoted you. :wink:

Shocking behavior no matter the circumstances…I downvoted both of you. :laughing:

You can’t downvote me!! I was just victim of Paps’s manipulation!

Yes I can…it’s all about standards young lady. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I hadnt heard of it either until I went to America. I meet some people who work with people with mental health issues. We were talking about the problems I had with my ex wife and her behaviour and they suggested that she might have something called a Borderline Personality Disorder. When I got back home I started to delve into the personality disorder stuff but Borderline’s tend to self harm and often commit suicide and she was ceratinly not a self harmer. I was spending some time in The Priory at the time. dealing with the emotional fall out from my divorce. Talking to one of the therapists there she started telling me about Narcissism and that is when the penny dropped. It is a fascinating but very scary condition and there is no cure. The problem is the damage that Ns do to other people in their lives. They have no empathy at all which means that there is very little in the way of a conscious stopping them doing and behaving exactly as they like - with no care at all about the consequences. My first wifes husband was a softy and a people pleaser, much like me. By the time she had finished with him he took his own life. I ended up having a breakdown. The support group was a great help in my rehabilitation. Hearing that others had gone through, or were going through the same shit as I had really made me feel better. I had thought it was all my fault and that I was the one with the problems. Narcissists are like chameleons. They are very good at being something they are not to get what they want. If you dont put them on a pedestal though and treat them as if they are the most important thing on the planet - beware! I feel sorry for your friend. If his mother really has a NPD then he has his work cut out in dealing with it.

1 Like

She is going to get some suport so hopefully that will help. She has said finding out that was the reason her mum was like that helped already. I work in a team with mental health practitioners so have some idea about personality disorders but this was new to me. But may explain a lot of issues in families I see.

This is sadly true, even worse his aim got a pile of books, some from a trip to Cuba that were irreplaceable, but also my handbag and purse. The thing is I woke up when he was peeing in my room but it didn’t click what he had been up to and then by the time I had woken up he had left the flat! Over 10 years ago now and he’s still my friend…… I wonder what someone would have to do for me to totally cut them from my life.

3 Likes