Other Games w/e 21st/22nd January

I seem to recall us having a situation against Spurs where there was a foul from behind and Ali still got off a shot.

That went penalty, red card - but this one went…nothing.

#odd

It looks a bit like all the refs who played for Leicester last season have signed for Spurs.

2 Likes

Are you Alpine in disguise?

Well Arsenal get a 2-1 win against Burnley, with a 99th minute penalty. Then straight after there goes the full time whistle.

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

If Swansea did it theres no fucking way we will.

Are you Alpine in disguise?

We only need a draw!

Arse get a very very late penalty in 7mins extra time. Surprise surprise they won

Call me paranoid but why does it seem the “big” clubs get these sort of breaks?

I think it is the mentality of these teams ‘it is not over until the final whistle’ they always think they can win.

Oh and the cheating refs.

1 Like

That mentality I talk of.

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, speaking to Sky Sports: "It was a lot of minutes added on but we dug in. It’s not easy with 10 men but we dug in and got what we deserved in the end.

"It’s important to keep playing. We always know we can create chances even with 10 men.

“They went a lot more direct [after the red card], they brought on Sam Vokes and he’s dangerous and brought other players into the game, but the defence dealt with it pretty well.”

Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi: “We played in their half for most of the game then suddenly you are a man down and becomes difficult, but we always are dangerous until the end because we believe in ourselves.”

As teams like Saints and many others would think… let’s not lose this now!

Blooming eck, Costa almost scores within 15 seconds. That would have been some return.

I am honestly surprised that he did not score that.

Nasty clash of heads in the Chelsea game!

Chelsea 1-0 Hull - Costa.

Hull should have had a clear penalty!

2 Likes

Thought so too.