Palace pre-match beers plus end of season celebration

Has the South Western got a TV - second leg of Plymouth/Pompey is on at six tomorrow

It’s a pub. It’s for drinking in.

1 Like

We ought to give the Bookshop Alehouse at least one pop next season. Cracking little place that serves about 10 beers at any one time (plus ciders). The owner’s Saints mad too.

3 Likes

Per person or do they have a lot of bar staff?

I’ve just arrived in Southampton. Looking forward to the beers tomorrow.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @SO5-4BW

Has the South Western got a TV - second leg of Plymouth/Pompey is on at six tomorrow

It’s a pub. It’s for drinking in.

Ok, just a thought - otherwise we’re going to have to talk to each other.

Will confirm with Fowley Dee at the game, but should be a getting to SWA about 6pm.

Hope to see a lot of you feckless twats there.

(And you, Belch!)

5 Likes

By implication, does that mean I’m not a feckless twat?

I’ll be there. Not sure when yet, but I’ll probably warm a seat and a pint while you’re at the game.

I may have warmed up somewhat enthusiastically last night. Nothing a pie and a pint won’t cure though :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Hmm pie… The Stable’s pies versus everywhere else are like Sotonians v the other place on CSR policy :lou_lol:

1 Like

Got it on my phone :lou_wink_2:

Enjoy. Have one for me.

I would join you but after a few beers I find I start agreeing with Bletch so no choice but to stay sober.

3 Likes

Anyone want live text updates. I am watching the West Ham game. Will also be sat stone cold sober with all the other scores.

Go on then. What you doing now?

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Fatso

Go on then. What you doing now?

You don’t want to know!

2 Likes

Missed my train so am drinking in The Wagon Works in Eastleigh.

Will be there shortly after 5 I guess…

Ha hey.

Am in my usual (by which I mean the same place as the last time I could be arsed to attend) position.

Upstairs, round the corner in the secluded spot that looks perfect for a secret liason with a paramour.

It’s gonna get messy… Bloody enjoy lads and lasses!

1 Like

Just found that they’ve got a scales here. (no idea why).

We can have a fat club weigh-in.

This will show who binges between start-of-the-month weigh-ins.

#bullimicsbeware

I used to work there before it was a bookshop - it was called ‘Graphics International’ - no, really (owners were a little delusional).

As an aside, a director of this concern was Roland Parris, great bloke and designer of the Saints logo.

Happy memories, I met Mrs. Ex Ex Ex-Trader there (It gets complicated) and they made me redundant a week before our wedding, bastards.

I would be happy to come along next season and meet some of you sods for a drink at this establishment, would be curious to see what they’ve done with the place.