Petitions

They could advertise in Germany (they do) and get doctors cheaper, or Portugal (they do) afterall the backbone of the nhs is the overseas worker, might as well go the whole hog and make it far more cost efficient.

Why is talking about the bloated sticky plaster that is the nhs so taboo?

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

You haven’t answer the questions, its not a salary reduction at all, you need to read the information concerning it better.

No intereset in arguing with you, to be honest Barry. Had my fill at the other place. You’re either too stupid to understand, or just like having people on the hook. I have a feeling which one of these is most true. Discussions never go anywhere, just round and round in circles.

I’m aware of the information, I’ve read it and live with someone that knows better than both of us. When the BMA, Pulse (an industry magazine) and actual trainee GPs tell me this is the case, I know who I’m going to go with thanks.

Edit: fixed typo (anyway - anywhere)

Of course you would but you were always going to go to Australia anyway, this gives you a moral high ground out.

Since when has overtime been assured? That was my point right or wrong, the contract concerning Hunt bullying doctors to sign is interesting as how many of them genuinely want to work weekends at 2100?

They don’t and they are taking to chance to go to Oz/NZ and other places to practice as they have always done, on the back of British training, British doctors and anyone for that matter have always worked abroad, them saying they are having to work abroad is bollocks though, its a lifestyle choice no more no less.

Its been happening for years, its just that Hunt is speeding the process up.

Of course you would but you were always going to go to Australia anyway, this gives you a moral high ground out.

Is this aimed at me, Mr Sanchez?

I was going to say you’re barking up the wrong tree, Barry. But I don’t see any trees in your argument, just barking.

2 Likes

A lifestyle which doesn’t involve losing money or being forced into contracts they don’t want to accept?

1 Like

Well that is it really isn’t it? Overtime is not part of the working week, it is being repacked and not all are losing anywhere near that amount but that doesn’t mean I agree with it, but that is the way of the World.

Why should the whiny doctors get coverage for bleating about working weekends when many Brits have been doing that for years?

Originally posted by @KRG

Yes it was.

Yes it was.

Thanks for clarifying.

Interesting though, this is news to me. Have you been discussing my future with my partner, without my knowledge?

I mean we went to Australia for a few weeks earlier this year. No plans on moving there though, well that I’m aware of.

Why should the whiny doctors get coverage for bleating about working weekends when many Brits have been doing that for years?

Let’s go with essential service, highly trained proffesionals, saving lives.

Worth mentioning, Doctors already do work weekends.

I refer to the people in this situation.

What about gp’s and the contract?

So everyone else is exempt from working weekends then? Or everyone? I would work on business permitting and if its required, if a gp practice opens and takes the strain of emergency then I am all for it.

Originally posted by @SaintZamboni

GPs do also work weekends, yes. Trainee doctors (including GPs) do also, even when not on GP jobs they still do, as they are on rotation moving jobs every 3/6 months (i.e. trainee GPs don’t work exclusively as GPs for the duration of their training - for example gf is currently on obs & gynae).

The contract makes all their jobs unbanded, which in practise decreases their pay by 31%. It’s right there in the article I linked before, sir.

Was that overtime part of their contract?
It wasn’t this is a loss of earnings but they are not assured, its a subsidy that is not minuted (I Would place a good guess), the Mirror today quotes the poor lambs as it not about the money but the hours, what one is it? Lifestyle or money, I am not bothered either way but people have to work weekends anyway, doctors surgerys is to what I refer, he wants them open 7-7 7 days a week and if this takes the burden of the emergency services and saves money then I am all for it.

All this I’ll add is because of the 24 hour 7 days a week comsumption issue we have, the loss of overtime rates is nothing new, the lad at my local petrol station gets fuck all more for working a Sunday and can’t move abroad bacause of qualifications and I don’t see a hankie for him.

GPs do also work weekends, yes. Trainee doctors (including GPs) do also, even when not on GP jobs they still do, as they are on rotation moving jobs every 3/6 months (i.e. trainee GPs don’t work exclusively as GPs for the duration of their training - for example gf is currently on obs & gynae).

The contract makes all their jobs unbanded, which in practise decreases their pay by 31%. It’s right there in the article I linked before, sir.

Was that overtime part of there contract? It wasn’t this is a loss of earnings but they are not assured, its a subsidy that is not minuted (I Would place a good guess), the Mirror today quotes the poor lambs as it not about the money but the hours, what one is it? Lifestyle or money, I am not bothered either way but people have to work weekends anyway, doctors surgerys is to what I refer, he wants them open 7-7 7 days a week and if this takes the burden of the emergency services and saves money then I am all for it.

It’s not overtime.

Was that overtime part of there contract? It wasn’t this is a loss of earnings but they are not assured, its a subsidy that is not minuted (I Would place a good guess), the Mirror today quotes the poor lambs as it not about the money but the hours, what one is it? Lifestyle or money, I am not bothered either way but people have to work weekends anyway, doctors surgerys is to what I refer, he wants them open 7-7 7 days a week and if this takes the burden of the emergency services and saves money then I am all for it.

It’s not overtime.

What is it then?