Points/Upvotes

I reckon you’ve forgotten Furbs, Lou!

Mrs Goat is always right. I may be small but I’m perfectly formed.

Never mind Lou Lou my sweet I often post a reply which I think is hilarious or a witty put down and often get fuck all response for it! It’s saddens me no end…

P.S.All Tories are cunts!

3 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

Never mind Lou Lou my sweet I often post a reply which I think is hilarious or a witty put down and often fuck all response for it! It’s saddens me no end…

P.S.All Tories are cunts!

I always upvote you BBB! xx

1 Like

Fucking Furball!! he’s on 2.6.

To be fair, most of those upvotes are probably from me :slight_smile:

(Pap, see above for demonstration of that annoying little space - it pains me to leave it in!)

'Fucking Furball"? What have I done now?

1 Like

Out performed me. I hate losing! :wink:

Can’t help it Lou. Outperforming is what I do.

1 Like

Cocky git! I’ll get you back…one day!

Tell me about it, I spend fecking loads of time uploading photos and for next to nothing in up votes! Waste of fecking time. I take this as people are not that bothered about the photos,never though I am told otherwise.

Now I read stuff on here, if I agree, think it is funny or even well put across, then I up vote. There is plenty of great posts that people just do not bother with unless you are in a handful of members, that seem to get upvoted all the fecking time, sometimes for just sneezing!

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Tell me about it, I spend fecking loads of time uploading photos and for next to nothing in up votes! Waste of fecking time. I take this as people are not that bothered about the photos,never though I am told otherwise.

Now I read stuff on here, if I agree, think it is funny or even well put across, then I up vote. There is plenty of great posts that people just do not bother with unless you are in a handful of members, that seem to get upvoted all the fecking time, sometimes for just sneezing!

No, but sfcsim everyone loves your photos! I think they tend to upvote someone who says something positive about your photos, which is fine and dandy, but you end up not getting the credit!

I’d love to do a bit a data analysis on this…figure out the psychology of Papsweb. But it wouldn’t be worth the effort :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know why you’ve gotten your knickers in such a twist here, Sfcsim. You’re almost putting pressure on people to like your stuff, and almost making out that people are voting in some unholy pre-arranged pattern, much like the Eastern Bloc states in the Eurovision song contest.

If I had to guess, I would say that the reason you’re not getting constant, unending and sparkling validation for every single one of your posts is that people get bored of the same thing, or hit certain threads only once in a while. Back on SaintsWeb, people would just be happy if one of their threads didn’t become a fucking tumbleweed. You’re referenced on the About Us page. bletch’s work isn’t even namechecked on the About Us page yet!

Personally, I like stuff for all sorts of reasons, but I’ve had posts that I thought were shit hot gather no upvotes whatsoever. I’ve been a twat and have been downvoted for it. Didn’t moan about it then, and won’t moan about it now. The point of points isn’t to have someone stand on top of a fucking mountain beating his chest, screaming “I’m the point champ, bow down to me you worms”* at the end of every year. It’s designed to drive positive behavour. I can see in this case it has failed. :cry:

*Sorry if anyone ever felt misled

3 Likes

I don’t understand all the fuss.

Please give me a vote up for this post.

2 Likes

Install a leaderboard, people will wanna top it.

3 Likes

Aw, don’t are us seriously, Pap. We’re just joshing. You know we love the upvotes. We just like bitching at each other too. When it comes down to it, the biggest effort on this site…comes from you. x

3 Likes

Yep, I reckon KRG has made a good point here, Pap.

I fully understand why you’ve installed the up and down vote system, and I think that, on balance, it is a good thing; but maybe we don’t need the leaderboard and top point scorer stuff?

1 Like

Originally posted by @KRG

Yeah, I know. It shouldn’t be there for that, and is no indication of who is the “best” poster. Bear has been “very business” lately; he’d probably be topping this board if he wasn’t. Moreover, there are good handful of posters on here that knock my ramblings into a cocked hat. If it’s indicative of anything, it’s positive contribution over time, but it’s in no way scientific, and you have no idea what’s going through someone’s head when they do upvote you. It could be anything from “nice post, geez” to “I’m going to have to lose weight. I’ve just voted for that fucker again because of my fat fingers”.

It ain’t Facebook, but I almost treat it that way sometimes. Here’s my opinion; take it, leave it - if people like it, that’s nice - not the end of the world if they don’t.

Oh for fucks sake!!! A huge thread about fucking stupid points? Really?

5 Likes

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Originally posted by @KRG

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I honestly don’t know why you’ve gotten your knickers in such a twist here, Sfcsim. You’re almost putting pressure on people to like your stuff, and almost making out that people are voting in some unholy pre-arranged pattern, much like the Eastern Bloc states in the Eurovision song contest.

If I had to guess, I would say that the reason you’re not getting constant, unending and sparkling validation for every single one of your posts is that people get bored of the same thing, or hit certain threads only once in a while. Back on SaintsWeb, people would just be happy if one of their threads didn’t become a fucking tumbleweed. You’re referenced on the About Us page. bletch’s work isn’t even namechecked on the About Us page yet!

Personally, I like stuff for all sorts of reasons, but I’ve had posts that I thought were shit hot gather no upvotes whatsoever. I’ve been a twat and have been downvoted for it. Didn’t moan about it then, and won’t moan about it now. The point of points isn’t to have someone stand on top of a fucking mountain beating his chest, screaming “I’m the point champ, bow down to me you worms”* at the end of every year. It’s designed to drive positive behavour. I can see in this case it has failed. :cry:

*Sorry if anyone ever felt misled

Yep, I reckon KRG has made a good point here, Pap.

I fully understand why you’ve installed the up and down vote system, and I think that, on balance, it is a good thing; but maybe we don’t need the leaderboard and top point scorer stuff?

Put a thread up and put it to a vote. I am honestly not precious about it, but at the same time, needs to be put to the site and see whether the concerns are more widespread.

I am not comfy with changing site direction for one person, but I’m all for democracy. Let’s see what we think.