Puel dead man walking

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Originally posted by @Saint-or-sinner

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Listening to Puel in the press conference, he is a yes man and under orders, he’s gone he’s dead in the water, we’re going nowhere with this company man and who got him in? On the cheap, on the fucking cheap, Fonte’s gone Yoshida is here to stay, strap yourselves in as this is going to be one hell of a shit ride.

This confuses me Barry.

As you say, listen to the press conference. He’s doing exactly what he’s employed to do. Can you imagine the reaction if he walked in and said “That was shit. If the players can’t learn what i’m teaching them, they can all fuck off”. Do you think the board would sit back and say “Cluade is a passionate man and that kind of talk is why we brought him in”.

He’s going nowhere(yet).

This season may well be hard for us, but beat Liverpool* and we’re in a cup final. Europa will be a distant memory then.

*I know it’s looking unlikely at the moment, but this is football and it’s possible. That’s about all the optimism i can manage for now.

P.S Who should we attempt to replace him with? Got to have some idea who you want.

Andre Breitenreiter, Mancini.

What do you consider better about Breitenreiter? Didn’t do that we’ll at Shalke. Sacked after 1 year.

Mancini? You are taking the piss, right? Would cost a fortune and expect a fortune for transfers. Plus he’s a massive egotistical twat. He would ruin us. Seriously, Mancini? The only reason i can think you’d like him, is his ability to start a fight on a deserted planet.

3 Likes

Mancini would demand the board spend and bring out their ambitions into the daylight, Breitenreiter will be very hungry after Schalke and they still got into the UEFA, better than our bargain basement fellow who’s just a steady Eddie in a poor League, cheap option and a poor one.

Mancini would demand the board spend big, the board will say fuck off, Mancini will throw his teddy and we will have to cough £3m in compo to get rid of the twat

4 Likes

So what do you want from the side, a team that produces talent and yet sells it, a team that can only go as far as 6th and then takes the reward of that by fielding weakened side by a manger I assume told to as the money is in the premiership? I can’t blame people walking out early yesterday if so, whats the point, what is the point of football if we’re happy with our lot of merely existing and being, might as well support Eastleigh as at least they’re reaching for something, what are we going for? A cup run on the provisio of a good draw? A full strength side against Hull or a Middlesbrough?

Thats fucking despressing and a sad state of affairs.

1 Like

It is a shame that Yoshi’s late effort missed. It would have shown the twats who left early up big time. Whatever happened at the crowd being the twelfth man? What happened to supporting your team to the final whistle? And Puel will not be sacked. Why sack a manager who has got you to a semi final? Anyone would thjink we were out of all competitions and fighting relegation. Save you bile for those pesky Muslims Barry and grow a pair eh?

4 Likes

Breitenreiter got sacked for failing to take Shalke far enough. Last 32 of Europa League and failed to get Champions league. Puel took Lyon to the semi final of the champions league and didn’t he take Nice to the quarters. Seems a weird comparison. Thought there was some vision for the way we play in your choice, but there doesn’t appear to be. Would be interested to hear, if there is(new manager thread before we even get the January transfer one started).

Sorry, but Mancini? Haha, you might as well say throw money at Rednapp(or Souness), he’s a great tactician. Honestly, Mancini would destroy our club.

Support is a two way street, what did the players do to inspire for the 90 minutes, what did the manager do also? Puel will be safe for getting us to a League Cup Final? Jesus how naive are you, its obvious when we’re in a more prestigeous competition the club don’t give a shite about it so why about a League Cup few clubs do?

We are not too far off a relegation battle but we won’t go down but its a marked worse season and performances than last year by a long long way.

Do you ex workmates in the CPS call you a tit as well?

I’ve got no time for anyone’s whose life revolves around negativity. BS life is full of it…if you get sucked into it you’ll end up the same.

4 Likes

Exactly this. I was shocked(one bloke by me walked out the moment they scored) at the amount of people leaving.

Maybe Chelsea would be a good choice for Barry this season. Sorry Barry, i’m massively pissed off that we didn’t go through, but Puel has been here a few months and unlike Koeman his replacements are all kids(with great potential). It was always going to take longer to get it working properly.

Two good additions in January and then let’s see how we fair.

We are not too far off a relegation battle but we won’t go down but its a marked worse season and performances than last year by a long long way.

How were we doing around Christmas last year Barry? Koemans second year, as well.

No one’s happy, but your being far to knee Jerk.

If you think we are Consistently going to be top four - you are mad

if we think we have champions league potential - you are mad

if you think we can hold on to our top players when the big boys turn up - you are mad

We simply don’t have the cash.

Yes we could have a billionaire who lavishes funds on the team for a few years until they get bored or broke and then we would be in the shit.

i like the fact the club are trying to live within their means. They might no get it right every time, but till now they have. What happens next remains to be seen. However thanks to the Liebherrs I have had the best days out as a Saint fans in my life, and I wouldn’t change that one bit.

5 Likes

My football life is full of it, I am a Southampton fan after all, I started going when we were truly shite and I went and didn’t miss many games home or away for 4/5 seasons, strangely I bet people who went to them as well probably had a great time and possibly even more than now (91-95), why? The football was more honest, none of this #wemarchon shite and players signing knowing they are in shop window permanently (or on a far lesser scale), football is a sideshow, we need quotas of academy players for all top teams, we need to put the national game first as we are killing our own game silently.

The game that is our national game isn’t ours anymore and we don’t benefit from it anymore, its exclusive and distant and quite frankly a closed shop. what do I want? I want one team hopefully ours to say its a fix, its broken and how can fans take kids (when they can afford it) to the game knowing their local academy kids won’t be there next year if they’re good, you may say its always been like this and I’ll hit back and say that doesn’t mean it has to be so.

We’re being punished for being good and how is that right or fair, we’re told by the club its great and its great for them and the players but what do we get out of it? Pride? Pride in what exactly, selling and whoring our players out to the highest bidder and not having the bollocks to hold them to a contract? Just one player we’d hold to a contract then I bet you the next player that signed would be aware of our position and in all probability wouldn’t try it on, its a one way street supporting Southampton and the galling thing is they don’t even try to win a trophy when they had the opportunity to field the strongest team possible.

Poor.

Barry, if you yearn for those halcyon days of honest football, you Shouuldnt be supporting a premiership club.

i respect your nostalgic view of how footie used to be, but it ain’t like that no more. Too much money is in the game. Those days are done.

4 Likes

Saying I shouldn’t support a team I love is liking to trying to change the colour of the sky from blue to green, that doesn’t mean I don’t want a better, fairer system.

1 Like

All problems are relative - look at Leeds, Forest, Coventry etc.

They must piss themselves when they hear us moaning about life.

Probably as much as we do when Chelsea fans throw a fit when they get knocked out of the Champions League in the semi-finals but still win the league.

We are where we are on merit.

Last week we were briliiant, this week we are the worst team in Europe.

We’re doing alright.

7 Likes

Whilst I’m more optimistic (stoic) in my meltdown than Barry, he makes a good point.

Automatic qualification to the group stages of the Europa was the well deserved reward for the 5 or 6 years of hard graft and good vision . I’m as upset as Barry about the level of passion and desire we’ve shown during the campaign.

For fucks sake Leicester are a shadow of themselves last year, yet they topped a very tricky Champions League group with a game to spare. How ? … Because they were fuckin’ up for it, that’s how !!

In the words of Brendan Rodgers … we “lacked character and heart” when it came down to the nitty gritty.

3 Likes

I’ve read this, and the other meltdown threads. I’ve taken some time to myself of late, and cherts kindly let me study his dossier.

I think I’ve cracked the formula to Senor Sanchez’s relentlessly miserable worldview.

(Money + Foreign) * Time = Bad.

I shall be mentioning this place whilst accepting my Nobel prize.

8 Likes

Fuck me. A week ago we had a stronger squad than Arsenal & Puel had out played Wenger tactically.

Everyone says buy a goal Scorer on January, but not seen a single suggestion of who.

We’ve had shit December’s under Poch & judas

Mancini? Really?

1 Like

I don’t believe that we lacked character, heart, passion or belief.

We just lacked technical skill.

Passes went astray, so we created little.

2 Likes

I think this is genius. I think the time multiplier should be on basis of (time=year-1982) because 1982 was the year where world was perfect, and things have got progressively worse since then, but then i spose that would be problem because things before 1982 would have an inverted time multiplier, which would result in a negative Bad factor, which could have unforseen consequences to Barry’s mind.

6 Likes