Rio Olympics 2016

Looked like neck and head injuries.

Not nice.

Chris Boardman is not happy about the safety of the descent at the end of the course, where Annemiek van Vleuten had a horrible crash.

ā€œIā€™m really just waiting for news, itā€™s very hard to concentrate when you see a crash like that. Iā€™m actually quite angry about it because I looked at the road furniture and thought nobody can crash here and get up. This was way past technical, this was dangerous, and it means people who designed the course have seen it and left it."

Dutch TV reporting she is ā€˜okā€™ā€¦letā€™s hope so.

That was horrible. one of the worst spills Iā€™ve seen on a bike

Have any of the events sold out, the number of empty seats is ridiculous

I really did fear the worst. It was a bad one.

cycling federation say Van Vleuten is ā€˜okayā€™. Thank goodness. They say ā€˜More news to followā€™. twitter.com/KNWU

1 Like

Horrific crash, nevermind a medal her welfare is paramount.

They say that she ā€˜appears to be ok, she has gained conciousnes and has been taken to hospitalā€™. I have everything crossed for her.

1 Like

Medal positions in the road race.

NED - VAN DER BREGGEN Anna - 3:51:27
SWE - JOHANSSON Emma - 3:51:27
ITA - LONGO BORGHINI Elisa - 3:51:27

Valid point about the empty venues - itā€™s been like watching the Football League roundup.

There must be athletes who have worked hard to reach the pinnacle of their sport, only to discover when they get there that no fucker is watching.

Same in London 2012.

even more so in the early days!

In England especially weā€™ll turn out for anything, I canā€™t think of any other nation on the planet that loeves sport so much as us, we may be shit but we love to watch.

Best thing Iā€™ve seen so far, apart from a couple of nice arses in the synchro diving, has been the Womenā€™s Rugby 7s.

Our girls are going really well and I reckon they will win a medal of some colour.

Quite enjoyed watching the GB ladies beating Austrilia in the hockey.

Blinking corporate and the black market, spoiling it for the real fans as per!

We did our bit to make that happen some years ago.

The (legendary) Dubai 7s was decked out with petitions, signing boards flood Twitter initiatives to get 7s into the Olympics by the IRB.

Then a couple of months later at the inaugural World Championships Dubai did itā€™s thing on Jacques Rogg and we all direct love in the direction of his fact finding team.

It is a great sport and a bloody good one to watch live or on TV, especially with a beer & in fancy dress! Shame No one watching in Rio

Severe concussion and three small fractures in the lower back. I almost hesitate to say she is a lucky girl, but it could have been so much worse.

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised nobody has commented on the ā€œarse fondling incidentā€ in the womenā€™s cycling yesterday. Support car driving alongside hand reaches out a commences with a protracted bum-cheek massage. Have tried a YouTube search but all Iā€™ve found are NSFW videosā€¦Iā€™ll keep searching. :lou_wink_2:

Apart from the American slant on things, especially football (soccer) pretty much sums things up fpr me!!

Actually made me chuckle ā€¦ not quite Gold Medal Position ROFL but good!!