Road Rage

Then enjoy a free holiday at one of Her Majesty’s finest nicks, and possible exclusion from many countries in the world

:lou_smiley:

It’s why you should always have a towbar.

Maybe just “threaten” to batter the cunt.

2 Likes

If my long-departed father in law ever got harrassed by impatient drivers who flashed and hooted him, he’d stop the car and very slowly look at it, all round and the underside and then go up to the aggressive driver and say ‘I’m sorry, I can’t see anything wrong with my car. Can you please tell me what you are warning me about’.

Used to work a treat way back then - he’d probably get beaten to a pulp were he still alive and trying it now

5 Likes

Better than last year when I slammed my brakes on, got out of the car ready to have a proper go, until someone went into the back of him…

Still, inconvenienced him and couldn’t claim on my insurance.

3 Likes

I just do some swearing inside the car nowadays. I can’t be arsed with all the palaver.

1 Like

I used to get red with rage and flap about, wind windows down and give it large. Now I drive around with my business name and website all over my car. I find this helps with rage.

Also I have a much calmer approach to life since moving to leafy rural Cumbria, I feel content and happy for the first time in a very long time. :grinning:

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I used to get red with rage and flap about, wind windows down and give it large. Now I drive around with my business name and website all over my car. I find this helps with rage. :grinning:

Is your name Yodel?

Originally posted by @Chertsey-Saint

This morning as the road was empty behind him, I slowed down to 15mph, and every time he went to overtake I sped up. Did this for a couple of minutes, until I turned into the station car park.

I find this tactic is less risky when you don’t have to pull in somewhere just afterwards. Just as well he didn’t follow you in!

Me, being the wind up prick that i can be, use the tactic I found worked ever so well in my football days. Yes, it is entirely stolen from Beckham, when they get angry, red faced and sweary I just smile and blow them a kiss.

The amplified rage is just glorious. Never understand how people get so angry on the road.

1 Like

Originally posted by @KRG

Never understand how people get so angry on the road.

I can understand road rage a lot more than some of the rage you get online!

1 Like

Originally posted by @Fatso

I used to get red with rage and flap about, wind windows down and give it large. Now I drive around with my business name and website all over my car. I find this helps with rage. :grinning:

Is your name Yodel?

I fucking wish! Ha ha

Originally posted by @Fatso

Is your name Yodel?

I fucking wish! Ha ha

Or maybe not, I am making a profit at least!

I was hoping he was actually so I could call him out. I assumed he was rushing for a train.

Being a calm and relaxed Audi drivier I put my cruise control to 1mph below the speed limit and sing along to my SD card selection of the day. Fortunately I don’t have to go out during the rush hour so lifeintheslowlane is very tranquil.

Match days are the only time I have to encounter heavyish traffic. :lou_lol:

3 Likes

I thought for one minute that was going to say ‘being a calm relaxed Audi driver I put my cruise control to 1 inch behind the car in front’.

Don’t have nasty habits like that…never have. I also drive a 57 year old VW with drum brakes and cross ply tyres…I try not to drive close to anything. :lou_wink:

2 Likes