Saints Remaining games

Pedant

Iā€™ll be there Fats! Just let me know what time youā€™re starting!

1 Like

Lou you really need to know what time he is finishing :lou_surprised:

About 4 seconds after he starts I expect

2 Likes

Originally posted by @ant

Weā€™ve put ourselves in a very enviable position for the final march. A huge chance to take the season by the scruff of the neck and ensure we donā€™t have to rely on hand-me-down European qualification.

Itā€™s in our own hands - and I feel weā€™ll achieve 6th.

Originally posted by @Fatso

If we finish 6th, I will gladly masturbate in front of you all at the next gathering. Itā€™s just nit going to happen. 7th if we lucky, more likely 8th

Timely bump of this thread!

So, errā€¦ Itā€™s going to be an interesting end to the season, one way or another.

6 Likes

Iā€™m busy that day.

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Iā€™m busy that day.

So will Fatsoā€¦taking about an hour and a half to whack one out.

Thanks saints.

2 Likes

Beat Palace at Home next week, and it will be a glorious end to another wonderful season in the worldā€™s Premier Football League.

Anyone for another European Tour? :lou_lol:

3 Likes

If we finish 6th, I promised to masturbate in front of you all. I am a man of honour. COYS!

ive also just read the European qualification thread on SWF. Itā€™s left me somewhat confused, so Iā€™m going to ignore it all, hope we win and get 63 points and, as Steven Davis said earlier, ā€œsee where that takes usā€.

The boys have done us proud. Talking to a mate who couldnā€™t understand why I was satisfied as we hadnā€™t ā€˜wonā€™ anything.

We have played good football in the best league in the world.

We have beaten Man U, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs.

We are right up with a chance of Europe again next year.

genuinely donā€™t uderstand why anyone wouldnā€™t be happy with the season

7 Likes

Twenty years ago I had a Newcastle fan laughing at our lack of ambition - he couldnā€™t grasp how we could think that a top six position was worth anything at all.

He was convinced that Newcastle were a massive club and that the next few decades would be all about them, Man Utd and Arsenal contesting the silverware.

Thereā€™s a lesson there about being realistic, and modest enough to understand how you would have to be 5000-1 lucky to break the hold of the elite.

I wonder how that bloke is feeling today? - pretty fucking stupid I would think.

Heā€™ll enjoy Burton.

8 Likes

Itā€™s nice that United now have something to play for, they now need 2 wins to guarantee Champions League football, so I can see them beating West Ham on Tuesday.

Liverpool have got Chelsea on Wednesday night so hopefully Chelsea will do us another favourā€¦

7 Likes

Yes, we need favours. Not the ā€˜sex masochismā€™ kind though please Louis ā€“ just a few stolen points would be nice.

The good thing, is that there is absolutely no love lost between West Ham / Man Utd, and equally between Liverpool and Chelsea.

We will at least know that Utd and Chelsea will be going into those games with a determination to take points.

Ultimately, if we do our own job and dispatch Crystal Palace on Sunday ā€“ we only need Chelsea to take a point from Anfield, and Utd to take a point from Upton Park/Boleyn Ground, and weā€™ll go into the final day still in sixth place with our superior goal difference.

And for a real longshot ā€“ even if West Ham beat Utd on Tuesday and Liverpool beat Chelsea on Wednesday ā€“ so long as we beat Palace on Sunday, and other results go our way on the day, we could still yet even finish 5th and qualify automatically for the Europa Group Stages.

Keep dreaming my friends! :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

After your last ā€œkeep dreamingā€ post would you be so kind as to keep these sort of thoughts to yourself.

Thanks

Lol, which one was that mate? I genuinely cannot recall.

This one

Oh, sorry, that one was just irony mate. Was never going to happen.

Iā€™m sorry, but even when we had a dip in form this season and some (on here) where beginning to meltdown, I kept saying we have a great team. I love watching Saints as we try and play football the right way. The club is set up so well and apart from a couple of players in spells there is a great togetherness.

I have been saying for a few years now, if you cannot enjoy watching saints now, you never will. Yes a (major) trophy would be fucking fantastic and well overdue, but I do think we are on the brink of one and the sort of club that should be reaching semis and finals regularly. But overall I love being a Saints fan.

Since Christmas we are only 2nd to Leicester in the form table. If we could just stop these little blips that we have for a few games around December and early Jan, we could be Champions League, get past the quarters of the league cup and past round 3 of the FA Cup.

#WeMarchOn

#Enjoy

3 Likes

For fans of my era and younger we could potentially be looking at our best League finish in living memory. Yet still I hear some noises of discontent. Mentalistsā€¦

Not a perfect season (early Europa exit, the tricky 10-game run of poor results) but you canā€™t take Leicesterā€™s anomalous season as a relative measure.

Thereā€™s also the small matter of:

Chelsea (a) 1-3

Arsenal (h) 4-0

Man United (a) 0-1

Liverpool (h) 3-2

Man City (h) 4-2

Tottenham (a) 1-2

3 Likes