Saints v Leicester drinks

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Originally posted by @pap

My best mate has been phoning me up about this for ages too. October 17th, I keep thinking. Why does that ring a bell? Ah yes, Doug Stanhope and home game on the same day.

On the plus side, you will be able to burn effigies of me and whatnot without me blubbing in a corner and getting upset.

Ah, so you’ve scoped out my house ahead of the Liverpool game, have you?

Scoped out my house and took pictures?!

You bastard. That was a private moment.

5 Likes

Good man Ant. Keep on keeping on, thats the spirit. *

*not that I am volunteering to carry you to SMS, after one of those monster burgers you favour.

One of the things I really liked about the Rockstone, apart from the excellent beer and company, was the music. It’s not often you hear quite so much classic Roxy Music in a pub*, and I have to say I really enjoyed that.

* This may or may not be an attempt to get Halo to come and join us…

2 Likes

Lol, Fowllyd, next you’ll be telling me that Eno and Le Tiss were handing out free beer, whilst Lou was celebrating No Bra Day performing Do The Strand on the bar.

If so, count me in :smile:

Well Halo, you’re remarkably close. Not sure there’ll be any free bras handed out this coming Saturday, but Eno and Le Tiss’ rendition of Do The Strand is certainly something to see.

Don’t think I can make Saturday, no reflection on previous outing, or the company, just a diary issue.

Further public appearances are planned.

Eno and Le Tiss’ rendition of Do The Strand is certainly something to see.

Crikey, Fowllyd - that’s really tempting!

Mrs Stickman is always warning me about groomers telling me tall stories, but to hell with it!

What time do they start?

And dancing girls, do they have dancing girls? And pork scratchings?

Gutted but feel free to PM me this week’s score please :smiley:

But of course they do. There will also be a badge-wielding goat, and that’s not something you see every day. With or without buble-wrap.

Ok, Fowllyd, just so long as we leave before Bletch arrives with his Smiths collection.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t be a problem - he’s not likely to turn up until some time on Sunday.

4 Likes

Bletch will be happy to learn that there’s a pub dog at The Rockstone too, seeing as that was the highlight of his trip to The South Western.

SB arrives at The Rockstone, 10.55pm:

“Guys? [Hammily] OH NO, I’VE MISSED THEM. AGAIN.”

*Settles down to let Duke tend to his ‘wounds’.*

2 Likes

Is the Rockstone what was the Bevois Castle and looks about as big as my front room??

The one and same, though I’d be impressed if your front room is as big. Pub-ish seating to the left as you enter, more seating at the bar and a slightly more dining-oriented bit to the right. Plus it’s got a semi-covered rear garden and the front has been converted to a leafy seated area.

And they serve decent beer (with a healthy number rotating in every week).

And a ridiculous number of whiskys/rums/gins.

And the burgers are immense.

And I should be on commission.

2 Likes

Wish I was going to this, working but I have a feeling this game will be a classic!

Are you likely to be using this venue for the B’mouth game??

I’m confused, they sell monster vegetarian burgers? That is just plain wrong…

Originally posted by @BTripz

Are you likely to be using this venue for the B’mouth game??

Probably. I think Lou is coming to that game too.

Spot on GB, Lou is using my spare ticket for that one.