Saints v Spurs - Sun 21st Jan, 16:00 KO

I think you are trying to say we will lose but politely ?

1 Like

Again no JW-P? Heā€™s been our best player when playing out wide, why would you drop him?

1 Like

Nothing personal - no pace to play at wing-back against whoever MoPo decides to terrorise us with. But agree it would be harsh to drop the only person who has scored goals recently!

If the FA let us field an extra player then no problem accommodating him, but otherwise Iā€™m not sure what to do!

It does not matter what the others do, I am still a winner. My mummy told me that.

4 Likes

Tickets purchased, which means Iā€™m going, which means that Saints wonā€™t score.

@pap can you change my username to Anathema please :lou_lol:

1 Like

I reckon we should give him a more advanced midfield role in place of Davis. He carries the ball well and is pretty dynamic. Seems a waste having him on the bench all the time.

http://www.skysports.com/share/11207754

2 Likes

OK, question for you adults!! Asking for a friend who has purchased a ticket under his sonā€™s membership number but his son can no longer go. So my ā€œfriendā€ is taking an adult instead.

So is there some sort of warning at the turnstyle if someone uses a kiddie ticket that will alert the stewards. Would it be best for my ā€œfriendā€ to phone the TO and get the ticket upgraded?

Yes the ā€œconcessionā€ card (kids and old fuckers) lights a green and an amber light on the turnstile. The normal adult card , just the green. Turnstile stewards are there to watch the lights but how closely they lookā€¦who knows.

1 Like

There is always a steward watching the lights - you could try a mask, but the beer belly might give it away

2 Likes

A wig and face paint. Possibly a scarf and flag too. Great disguise!

Donā€™t forget the amusing foam hand too!!

1 Like

Anyone chosen whereabouts they would like their new arsehole?

2 Likes

Luckily a dose of flu made me completely miss last weeks travesty of a result.

Now Iā€™m out the other side Iā€™m feeling brighter and chipper!

Were still going to lose though

1:3

. :lou_sad:

Bit harsh calling cellone a tool Bob?

1 Like

Despite telling myself not to, I just watched the ā€œLetā€™s have a cosy chat with Shane Longā€ on the Saints site. Blimey, if body language tells anything, it tells me the team have already accepted itā€™s over ā€¦ or am I wrong ? I know Longy isnā€™t the most engaging speaker but bloody hell, no eye contact, shouching shoulders, droll monotone replies. He didnā€™t even spark up when talking about the goal. I have to admit being in the ā€œitā€™ll be okā€ camp but Iā€™m beginning to doubt myself now. Little 'un and I canā€™t make this weekend so Iā€™m relying on you guys to yell for the team. Forget about the half time oranges and mugs of Horlicks, can someone keep the team on the pitch at half time so we remember weā€™re in a game of football.

I guess Iā€™m now not looking forward to Bazzaā€™s ā€œI told you soā€ ā€¦

COYR

2 Likes

The Lawro has spoken

Southampton v Tottenham (16:00 GMT)

Tottenham are ticking along nicely at the moment - since their defeat by Manchester City in December, they have taken 13 points out of a possible 15 and a number of their players have hit form.

Southampton, in contrast, have not won any of their past 10 games but they should have beaten Watford last time out and I was impressed by how calmly Saints boss Mauricio Pellegrino reacted to the Hornetsā€™ 90th-minute handball equaliser.

Pellegrino badly needs a win soon, because he might not get too much longer to turn things around - but I donā€™t see him getting it this weekend.

Whatever happens, I hope Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino gets a good reception at St Maryā€™s Stadium, where he did a fabulous job. He deserves some appreciation.

**Lawroā€™s prediction: ** 0-2

Peteā€™s prediction: I have no idea about this one at all but I feel very predictive right now, so I will say Southampton. 2-0

Peteā€™s prediction: I have no idea about this one at all but I feel very predictive right now, so I will say Southampton. 2-0

You can say that again Peteā€¦

3 Likes

The fan base is at the point where MoPe will give Gabbi a start to placate the fans

And fans will boo because he dropped Long.

OR

Heā€™ll start both one will get an early knock, the other will be knackered after 60 minutes and we wonā€™ have a striker on the bench.

So fans will meltdown

OR

We sneak a win/draw.

And fans will meltdown as he wonā€™t get sacked Monday.

Happy days

5 Likes

Been saying weā€™re in trouble from October, canā€™t say you didnā€™t hear it then, weā€™re a better side than the way weā€™re playing and thats down to the manager and the players, even in a poor Premiership weā€™re only about mid table, Yoshida isnā€™t a Premiership defender (believe me know clappers?) but a handy squad player for Cups (if we ever take them seriously) and our midfield is playing shite, our wingers make Gaston Ramirez seem like Ronaldo and our forward line is as good and accurate as a scud missile.

0-3

Heā€™ll get the boot and weā€™ll go for an inhouse cheap job to steady the ship, or Stuart Gray.