Saints V Stoke Buildup and Match Day Thread

Unfortunalty that ship getting ready to leave port. I would love him to stay as I think he would improove us as a team but I have to give Stephens some credit as he has got a lot better. My only worry was when he was up against Smalling he looked very small but that said Caceras is no giant

Im now undecided as to what to do in the summer for our CB situation. My ratings are

Stephens 6/10

Yosh 6/10

VVD 9/10

Caceras 7/10

Gardos 3/10

There are too many varilbles, I would like our starting line up next season to have Carceras and VVD but for so many reasons its very unlikely to happen. I dont really know where we need to strenghen in the tam apart from the Steve Davis position. That is why I suppose Im looking at the manager letting the team down. We should be getting better results with the players we have. J Rod is the only obvious senoir player to sell. S Davis can become a squad player

Still of slight concern though - doesn’t help us too much if Leicester are already on the beach. Could do with them nabbing a draw against Bournemouth as insurance.

Regardless, I think we’ll win by 2 or 3 clear goals. Wednesday’s game was nowhere near as dull or bereft of chances as many will try to tell you. We played some tidy possession football (especially out from the back) and Romero saved United on multiple occasions. There seems to be a little more freedom about us in the last couple of matches. Promise, even.

9 Likes

If today’s newspaper rumours are true then we can expect the opposite! Players ‘not happy with Puel’s training methods and management style’. *cough* Tadic *cough*

1 Like

As they were with asshat by some accounts.

Sod it, throw the baby out with the bathwater and get a new manager in who some players will “not like and not be happy with his training methods and management style”

Or, get rid of all the dissenting players and get ones in that do subscribe to his methods?

1 Like

That’ll be Puel’s preference no doubt!

2 Likes

10 years eh? Loved watching the clips of THAT MLT goal…

20 Years? This popped up on a “On this date thing” over here.

Barasti nowish

![Image may contain: skyscraper, sky and outdoor](https://fb-s-a-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-fbx/v/t1.0-9/18527871_1169946176448263_4782582382850548374_n.png?oh=e5f4d50d2345debd72724c00686e0b74&oe=59A7CB94& gda =1504309631_23bfd74b461d67fd34fc0ce4bb1603be)

Barasti in 1997…

![Image may contain: sky, ocean, skyscraper and outdoor](https://fb-s-c-a.akamaihd.net/h-ak-fbx/v/t1.0-9/18527839_1169946706448210_3677072323380731850_n.jpg?oh=fddac9e4bd1321e0870bcdca130ad09d&oe=59BB46E5& gda =1503822862_6a66d59d14a5ec02a33ad1141bf506e7)

1 Like

I like the look of Caceres but I too think we’ll struggle to hang on to him. I also think that the form of Stephens will mean that the club aren’t too bothered. VVD, Yoshi and Stephens will be just fine for next season.

Smalling 6ft 4, Stephens 6ft 1, Caceres 5ft 11 by the way.

Iheanacho/similar for J-Rod and a replacement for Tadic who I think will leave will be about it in the summer I reckon.

4 Likes

Bertrand will go @goatboy

McQueen & Targett for next season?

Hmmm

sorry double post.

Not convinced by Mcqueen yet but Targett could make the grade. One game inparticular last season where he drilled early hard balls into the box were just the sort Charlie and Many wuld latch on to. He just needs to up his overall game a notch

This build up to the last day of the season is all a bit of an anticlimax unless you are an Arse, Liverpool or Man city supporter, the rest of the world is just going Meh!

lets get on with next season already.

NB I do like a bit of Arse

My comments were very much tongue in cheek Os! :lou_wink:

I hear S long done his metartarsaul. how long is it usually

Depends to a large extent on one’s shoe size, but probably about six inches or so.

7 Likes

For those searching for streams

BeIN Sports Channel 8 in case you struggle.

FF

Pied (Cedric if fit) Stephens Yoshida McQueen (or Targett)

Romeu (Classie)

Hjoberg JWP

Boufal Gabbi Redmond

No place for Tadic tbh & Romeu has been less than his normal 150% last couple of games so would check out one of the other lads in there personally.

Chazza off the bench to miss the 89th minute penalty this week

This place Be Like

Thought only us lot were on the Beach today

SOUTHAMPTON TEAM NEWS

**Team to play Stoke: ** Forster, Cedric, Stephens, Yoshida, Bertrand, Davis, Romeu, Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Redmond, Austin

**Subs: ** Clasie, Caceres, Boufal, Gabbiadini, Hojbjerg, Pied, Taylor

Tadic :facepalm:

1 Like

Still.

Now to see if the injury to Chazza was the cause of our turgidity