Saints v Villa Match day Redemption thread

Right, we can stop fucking around now, time is running out… ATTACK!!!

BOOM!

We will win this one now! COYR!

NEVER GIVE UP… KEEP THE FAITH!

Hoping I am wrong…

It’s like a competition to see who can be most shit.

1 Like

Uhm… something is not right with the side right now… unsettled by media spec on Mane? orjst being found out that we have a lot of average players in the squad? Solution? Anyone?

I am off to get pissed. Report later. :lou_surprised:

1 Like

We should have won that, but again failed to get the ball in the net. We are not as strong as last season, but we have a mid table to top 7 team, but this season, it seems everyone but Leicester are shocking at times.

It is amazing a few weeks ago, we would have looked at December and thought few winnerable games in there, but now I look and think FUCK!

All of a sudden it will click again girls and boys. We did the same last season… Take a look!

We lost 4 on the spin late December to mid December, it was the same doom feeling, we have been found out blah blah Bollocks!

We then beat Everton 3-0, won at Palace 1-3 drew with Chelsea at home, then beat Arsenal 2-0 at home, went to Old Trafford and won 0-1 then beat Newcastle away! That in a nutshell is football.

Live it, breath it, enjoy it and keep the faith!

1 Like

Absolute gash today against an unbelievably limited team. That is all.

Should have won that very comfortably. We could and should have been three or four up in the first half hour, but the finishing was poor on each occasion (except for the one cleared off the line by a Villa player’s face - at least the effort was on target!), We then conceded a ludicrously soft goal just before half time. Even then we should have won it, as we had plenty of decent opportunities in the second half too.

But there seem to me to be a few players not really on top of their game at the moment. Pellé is playing fine in general, but his finishing has deserted him; only a matter of time before he gets it back, and he does contribute in other ways, but we need him to be burying good chances like he got today. Mané similarly; poor finishing, plus his little flicks aren’t coming off at the moment. Tadic looks a little less sharp than normal, Wanyama didn’t dominate as he can - not surprised to see those two subbed, and I thought that Romeu looked good. More of an eye for a pass than Wanyama has, plus he put in some good tackles and interceptions. Juanmi looked lively but there’s no real end product there at the moment. Still, he’s young and not had a lot of chances yet; he seems to me to have the ability, it’s just whether he can adapt to the game in this country.

Finally, I thought Villa’s time-wasting tricks were truly disgraceful, especially late on in the game. I see that their keeper was booked, though I didn’t notice it happen during the game. Presumably that was for time wasting.

In a word, arse.

1 Like

Good report Fowllyd. Yes, timewasting reached a new high (low) today. Guzan was indeed booked for that but so what? Ref did a reasonable job of noting the antics and adding time, but he should have started booking players much earlier, as it started on 48 minutes.

I would have much preferred to see Shane on instead of Juanmi.

Good point re Long. He has the nuisance value that we really needed in that game. Long rather than Juanmi on for Tadic, and maybe Juanmi on for Mané somewhat earlier than 83 minutes.

I’ve just been looking at the BBC web site. Match stats often give a distorted picture of a match, but those ones are bang on. We dominated posession and had 23 shots, but only five of those were on target. Double that five (which would hardly be an unreasonable expectation for shooting accuracy) and we’d have won easily.

Villa are heading straight for the Championship.

Us failing to score in that first half was criminal - they couldn’t string three constructive passes together, their back four could trap the ball further than many players can kick it.

We surrendered two points today like a bunch of school kids - I can’t believe we will see teams worse than Villa this season.

It’s difficult to pick out the most ineffective player with so many to choose from, but Pelle wasn’t there and Mane just displayed the finishing skills and judgement of a heavily sedated donkey.

Nearly as frustrating as Liverpool - thank god for Mourinho.

OK. Let’s get this sraight. Villa are fucking shit. I mean really fucking shit. The fact that we went in at half time 1-0 down is a fucking disgrace. Atrocious. A load of fucking useless dog wank.

Earn your fucking money you cunts.

If the question ever crops up: Shall we let Dusan take the free kick? `~Just say no. Get my fucking dead nan in to take it.

Fucking useless disinterested cunts.

Fucking stick my season ticket money up you entitled bumhole.

Put some cunting passes together and take your fucking chances you wet fucks

Show me your fucking spine or fuck off.

1 Like

Ok yeah, but what did you think of the game?

meh.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

meh.

Which is a pretty standard reply from a goat.

1 Like

£30 Million for Mané. I’d bite your fucking hand off at the moment.

Did Pelle play?