Saints vs Spurs drinks: The Sotonians Christmas Party

We need a minimum 8 of us in order to book a table at the Stable. Me, Lou, Goat, Fowllyd, SO5, Pap. I will book one from 1pm but actually might be there at 12.30

Ant? Who else?

“Thinking of coming”. You will need to get a ticket buddy. And a plane. Or a boat. Oh too late.

Yeah super friendly of course, need you ask?

At The Stable:

1 Like

Is it Bolivia?

None taken.

Come join us Roswell! We’re are a very friendly and welcoming group. Your two impressionable teenagers might learn a bad habit or two, but that’ll only make them more popular back home (well, maybe not the Goatboy ones)…

Will you have a phone while you’re here? If so we can exchange numbers in case you can’t find us - send me a pm.

I don’t remember seeing that on the menu. Still, what the fuck - it’s probably got a liver somewhere.

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Is it Bolivia?

None taken.

Wrong continent, but other than that it’s hard to fault your answer.* I can offer no further clues - it woudn’t be fair on the thousands of other contestants.

* This isn’t remotely true, but I’m feeling charitable today.

1 Like

I was reading this thread and thinking how the fuck are Foul-e-d and Beltch getting the train, there’s no fucking trains on not-Boxing day. And then I realise you’re talking about Spuds on Saturday.

So to answer Foul-e-d’s question

a) No

b) No

c) None of your business!

Originally posted by @Fowllyd

The Stable sounds good to me - all the more so as I’ve just had a peek at the pizza and pie menu. And, as I’ll be coming in on the train from Eastleigh on Saturday, it’s on the way as well. And the South Western for postres also gets my vote.

So we have three questions for wach forum member. First, are you going to the match? Second if you are (or even if you’re not) are you coming out after the match? Third, if the answer to the second question is no, why the fuck not? (Those who cannot make it for reasons of distance or genuine unavailability are excused this third question).

1. I am coming to the match
  2. I will be going out after the match.
  3. This question has been made redundant by my answer to 2)

I think your answers qualify for a “lucky to score nil”

Is it Mumbai (née Bombay)?

BTW flyd owl I’ve learned some Russian insults just for you.

Apropos of nothing in particular, go fuck your mother.

1 Like

BTW you can’t catch a boat to Bolivia.

1 Like

Oh, not for me unfortunately. I must only have verbalised that I can’t make this one rather than posting on here to say so.

Although… Hmm, well I’m taking my uncle to the match so meeting him beforehand for lunch/drink.

After the match I *may* be able to squeeze in **one ** drink. Then got to dash to m’lady’s work Christmas meal, followed by driving up to a mate’s party in fake London. Busy busy!

So that’ll be an infuriating ‘post-match maybe’.

So, I’m _pretty sure * _ that I’m now a no, no, yes.

Not that I remember what the three questions were anymore.

Will be at the South Western Arms afterwards, but _probably not * _ going to be able to get to The Stable beforehand.

* Just to antagonise His papship.

1 Like

Strangely perhaps, “Fuck your mother” is actually more an interjection than an insult in Russian. Pretty much equivalent to saying “Fuck me!” or indeed “Fucking hell!” as in “Fucking hell, she fucking is being fucked by a fucking gorilla, fuck me!”. I think you’ll agree that that’s pretty much a perfect sentence.

I couldn’t watch the alien autopsy - video not available here. We will plan to be there. To Bucks - we have plane tickets and match tickets already but thanks for the concern. We will be the sleepy ones that stumble in. Coming straight from Heathrow. And as a sign of what a friendly place this, compared to the “other one” - I got a pm recently from Sir/Lord/whichever he is Pap asking why I hadn’t been here in a while, or something like that. “they” wouldn’t do that.

8 Likes

You can pick up your Founding Centurion badge too Roswell. Be good to meet you.

5 Likes

Wait a minute though. We teach kids to not just meet random strangers they met on the internet. “Dad, who are these people we are meeting?” Me: “Some random people who post on a forum” Them: “Dad, is this safe?” Me: “Good question, kids”

5 Likes

Don’t think that everyone gets that sort of treatment, my Area 51-dwelling friend.

Given you location and pap’s conspiracy obsession, he was checking whether you’d been abducted.

3 Likes