Saints vs Swansea - drinking club

In shock news, I won’t be flying home for this one!

I have tickets to Toronto FC though. A friend of mine gave them to me because he remembered Guly had moved to the Chicago Fire and I was keen to get behind the legend. Bastard up and fucked off to Blackpool didn’t he!

Ha had no idea about that! Go on Guly!

Just in case any excuse were needed for a pre-match beer, we can all raise a glass to Hampshire’s great escape, sealed this very afternoon.

3 Likes

Have a great time guys and gals and hope to see you up here in Liverpool soon enough.

Should be across for about 1pm.

I am here. In back garden atm.

We’ve got the legendary Rallyboy here.

2 Likes

Is that the old bevois Castle? My local when I was 16!

3-1?

Never doubt the rallyboy…

7 Likes

Yep, we should’ve stayed at the pub after all! :wink:

Also never doubt Ant’s choice of pubs. Good alternative for matchdays, The Rockstone.

4 Likes

Had many a good pre/post match pint in The Rockstone - nice little boozer! I’m planning on coming back to watch a game sometime in the new year so hopefully can attend one of these Papsweb love-ins :slight_smile:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

3-1?

Never doubt the rallyboy…

I was thinking that after the game.

Super meeting you , sir. Very pleased in general with forum drinking efforts - most have been to one. Eternal props to Lou for making it all happen.

5 Likes

Rockstone is a great choice. Has come a long way since my only previous visit!

2 Likes

Nice way to introduce myself to Rallyboy when he overheard me saying at the bar: “I’ll have a pint of something that’s not from Portsmouth please.” :laughing:

6 Likes

I could have googled it… Yes it is sfcsim, yes it is. Sat at that bar many an evening between the age of 16-17!

What did Lou have to do to make it happen??

Lou first posted the idea of pre-match drinks with fellow forum folk for an away match early last season. Despite huge piss taking on the other place, Lou stood firm and it worked out well, so the obvious extension was for home matches. Again, much opposition / derision on the other place but we have a decent core group now. Turned out to be the best part of the afternoon last weekend!

1 Like

I note that now she’s met a few of you, she’s taking a less active role in these drinking clubs!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Oi, bollock off Spudders! I was there last week!!

The reaction on Saintsweb makes me laugh. Because they’re all such a bunch of sad sorry losers, they assume everyone is.

As my dad would say whenever anyone behaves like a dick: “all part of life’s rich tapestry.”

5 Likes

We need to get intiniki along for one of these, perhaps even video-blogging her experience. The smart money suggests that she’ll maintain an air of rarified “what’s the point” superiority during the game itself, but who knows? We all know how tribal we get inside that stadium. She could be singing “we hate Pompey” within the ninety.

Leicester game?