Saints Wembley Opponents

It will make it all the sweeter to beat the Mancs again in a final, especially if we keep our clean sheet record. Bring it on!

1 Like

United … YESSSS !!!

… no glory in beating Hull in the final

10 Likes

In our away kit…tis an omen I tell thee!

2 Likes

Be nice if Under Armour made us a lovely yellow and blue kit for the occasion.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Yellow yellow yellow yellow

Come on you yellow and blue machiiiiine!

Sourced by the Automatic News Thread

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Andre Mariner to referee EFL Cup final between Manchester United and Southampton

Show/hide article…

Andre Marriner has been appointed as the match referee for the EFL Cup final between Manchester United and Southampton later this month.

The 46-year-old will oversee the match between the Red Devils and the Saints at Wembley, due to take place on February 26th.

He will be supported by Richard West and Stuart Burt, with Kevin Friend appointed as the fourth official.

Marriner oversaw the EFL Cup quarter-final between Liverpool and Leeds.

We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.

For the latest news and breaking news visit Mirror.co.uk/sport . Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.

Follow us on Twitter @MirrorFootball - the official Daily Mirror & Mirror Online Twitter account - for breaking football news in real time.

We’re also on Facebook/mirrorfootball - your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Mirror Online.

Go to the original article…

…compellingly invented by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

1 Like

I take it Andre Marriner is one of our opponent’s?

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A tweet by EFLCup tweet

@EFLCup - EFL Cup

:1234: Know your squad numbers, #saintsfc fans?

Which players have joined us for a pre-#EFLCupFinal photoshoot today? :camera_flash:

Retweets: 9

Favourites: 40

…smugly dreamed-up by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Bob Marley?

Shame about the number of games the Mancs have to play before they play us in the cup final.

We have -

Sunderland v Saints

Man U have -

Manchester United v Watford Sat 11 Feb 15:00

Manchester United v Saint-Étienne Thu 16 Feb 20:05

Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United Sun 19 Feb 16:15

Saint-Étienne v Manchester United Wed 22 Feb 17:00

4 games in 11 days. When they get to the cup final that will be their 5th game in 15 days, where we would have played our last game 15 days before the final. They are also looking for that 4th place!

1 Like

Though to be fair haven’t they got a bigger squad that’s fit? Plenty of opportunities for tactical rotation.

We’re rotating non first choice players, because we don’t really have a fully fit first team squad to rotate…

Jeez, that was really negative, think I’ll shut myself in a dark room to calm down…