Sentimental attachment to objects

Only keep things you can carry with you when the zombies attack.

1 Like

Rule #1, Numptyboi

Link here Mr Bletch

Originally posted by @Numptyboi

Link here Mr Bletch

Lol.

Great work Numptyboi.

I’ll be back in a few minutes, just off to see a man about a dog.

There is nothing wrong in holding on to some keepsakes, however it needs to be prioritised.

I sometimes think about an old pair of jeans I owned when I was a kid, and wannabe hippy. As they aged I patched them and cut away the denim behind the patch until

virtually none of the original jeans remained. They were a project over several years. As I said, I think about them, but I soon forget about them and don’t actually

need them in my wardrobe taking up space. Memories of those days are sufficient.

I have kept, and will never dispose of a couple of items that belonged to my parents, as I know that these were important items to them such as an award for long

service at work that my mum had and a tankard of my dad’s. These items can both be displayed and looked at on occasion.

As for your hiking boots, how about a compromise? Consider having them bronzed so that they would become a decorative talking piece that can be displayed and

occasionally spark a conversation about those days. If you feel that the process is not worth spending the money on, then maybe you have your answer and should bin them.

Edit: sorry about the formatting of this post. I typed it in notepad while I was waiting for my membership to be approved. :frowning:

3 Likes

Welcome Ohio S!

1 Like

oh hi o! it is good to see ur name + terrifying avatar pop up on here! Do not worry bout formatting, it is impossible to do good formatting on papsweb. I like the bit where your mom collected a tankard of your dad’s *something*

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Welcome Ohio S!

Thank you. I was gonna tell everyone that Goatse sent me, but was waiting for the appropriate place. By the way, I googled you, but all I found were a ton of selfies of your remarkable anus.

Originally posted by @Ohio-Saint

Originally posted by @Goatboy

Welcome Ohio S!

Thank you. I was gonna tell everyone that Goatse sent me, but was waiting for the appropriate place. By the way, I googled you, but all I found were a ton of selfies of your remarkable anus.

That’s all in the past Ohio. I’m cleaning up my act now.

Welcome Ohio!

Just a warning though, we have a no boobs rule on here. Will you be able to survive?!

It’s more guideline, than actual rule

Proper beer is very rare in the US, so I make my own…I will simply google how to grow my own boobs too…I’m not foreseeing any major problems. :slight_smile:

What, where was this rule, I wasn’t aware of this?

We live in eternal fear of militant feminist Juvenile Unit #1 actually logging onto the site and striking all down with her PC thunder. It is a situation to be avoided, like if Emperor Palpatine arrived on second Death Star and found pictures of norks where his turbo-laser cannon was supposed to be.

So, Lou then.

Here is some genuine advice on the subject of hoarding. Unless they’re properly sentimental or going to appreciate in value over time, my aunty takes things down to the car boot sale if she hasn’t used them in a year. Not necessarily saying that the car booty needs to be your hoarding handing off point; eBay would do even better for some specialty items, but it’s reasonably decent advice.

I’ve tried this pap, but she wouldn’t get in the car.

1 Like