Sky pull the Jackson show

OK, glad we’ve cleared that up then.

The picture in that Guardian link is terrible, he looks more like (**NERD ALERT**) Odo from DS9 than MJ from TJ5.

1 Like

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/25/michael-jackson-could-have-been-an-alien.html

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I think its a disgrace, a white man playing a man of colour. What next Rodney Trotter to play Sidney Poitier?

I’m sorry to drag this up after 6 hours, but only had the misfortune of reading this now, but seriously ‘a man of colour’ you are fucking kidding me right? And I thought the FA were clueless.

This was not even a topic, but you have made it one out of nothing… no suprise considering the OP.

Barry has become boring with his football chat and now his colour/religion chat. Time to renew, Barry.

2 Likes

I can do without Barry’s overly wristslitting soccer analysis but I quite enjoy his AlfGarnett2000 routine.

1 Like

Yeah, c’mon mush.

As I said earlier, we’ve got shitloads more to contend with than the extremes of religion.

Is their a windows reset button for Barry 2.0 update?

This isn’t SaintsWeb. If we think someone is being a cunt we can call them a cunt. And then everyone else can join in. You either argue your corner or you admit you’re being a bit daft.

Barry has his views on all sorts of shit and he can argue his corner. I personally think he should be more receptive to others and he could also do without being such a stubborn cunt. But then couldn’t we all. I also think he should CONFESS to being a bit daft.

Apart from that we have a fair bit in common.

4 Likes

To be honest Michael Jackson was probably whiter than Joseph Fiennes in his later years, after all the skin bleaching.

Apparantly the show was pulled because Jackson’s daughter was offended by the portrayal. So what! I’m offended by her father molesting children.

1 Like

So. What this thread tells us is that despite 50+ years of a “race relations” industry in UK somebody can even imagine that a criteria for a Human to perform a task or role can still be determined by Colour not Ability.

And keeps trying to troll that idea.

Here’s an idea. Send someone like that down here to work for a few months to be Racially abused themselves (does he have ANY idea how much Racism the World holds against “The English”?

Let him be judged by his Colour & not his ability or experience.

The sketch FAILED an ABILITY test. It was shit.

I take it no one has seen Only Fools and Horses? If you don’t see the irony in the post well fuck me dead.

Let the audience judge, it didn’t fail an ability test as it wasn’t given the opportunity.

Citizen Khan is allowed on our screens and that is shite on ability?

Seems reasonable.

Personally, I think that someone who posts the same shit over and over and over again, in the same style, on multiple threads over time detracts from the site. Might be nice if somebody ‘had a word’.

4 Likes
1 Like

ITV have got away with it for years.

2 Likes

I can turn ITV over. You’re the equivalent of single channel TV at full volume slapped in the corner of the room.

ITV have got away with it for years.