🎂 Sotonians milestones

Cheers Bear

1 Like

Well @bearsy as the engagement ring is technically a contract if she doesn’t deliver you can get it back.

1 Like

Shit, you’ve broken the first rule already.

Oh, and your mum might go mental but chances are she’ll go mega-maternal before you know it and start to become your partner’s best friend. You’ll be pushed right out of the picture while they collude in whispers in the kitchen.

4 Likes

that was a good period :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

No one likes someone who boasts. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

3 Likes

Bearsy, his bride to be and his future father-in-law

4 Likes

Lots of overtime

9 Likes

It’s what you should (or maybe shouldn’t) have done that’s the issue…

Oh and don’t forget to cancel any holdays you’ve booked for next summer !!

2 Likes

I’m not detecting a lot of Sympathy on here! This is my Safe Place!

… but Bear, babies are a good thing, no?

… says the gloating forest dweller who managed to avoid them :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Basically your life (as you know it) has ended.

On the up side - 7 months of being ferried around whilst you drink

Do not propose unless said bitch is “the one”. Once the ring is on, you will lose control of the situation and you will find yourself looking at wedding stationary within 6 months.

3 Likes

I thought you Foresters spread your seed over anything that was even likely to be impregnated apart from fish of course that is the other end of the M27 from where you reside

I never had you down as such a traditionalist, bear. Thought you were more right-on than that!

1 Like

Be happy, embrace women, hold her tight, be ready for a precious thing and give it everything you have - life is too fucking precious and short, so immerse yourself in every minute and protect what willbe the most amazing thing to happen to you. :lou_is_a_flirt:

(What you were expecting another pisstake? What did you expect from this liberal elite middle class sandal wearing southern nancy?) :lou_lol:

4 Likes

He’s right. For all the horror, tedium, frustration and anger that kids create, it all whizzes by incredibly quickly, so do make the most of it.

4 Likes

Bear discovers why Dubai exists.

Run…

1 Like

Just tell him where the Gold Souk is so he can buy a ring at its true value rather than at Ratners at 5 times the resale value

2 Likes

Yeah, but the life you end up getting isn’t that bad. Of all the things I’ve done in my life, raising cubs is the thing I’m most proud of, the two year break with their ma the thing I’m least proud of. Don’t get me wrong, I was a decent apart dad - had them every weekend, provided for them, but I wasn’t a great person at the time. Didn’t see a great deal of point in life.

The kids have been their own gifts in their own way. The eldest drove me to take my university education and subsequent employment completely seriously. The youngest is the most effective person on the planet at calming me down and showing me the world through other’s eyes that there is.

You won’t know what you’re doing with the first one. No-one ever does. Babysitting for limited periods is one thing. Full time responsibility is another. You’ll fret over things you won’t sweat on future kids. You’ll be making decisions for the first time for a thing you don’t fully understand.

You’ll also have a shitload of fun, revisit stuff you haven’t done for years, spend long weekends playing board games, reading bedtime stories, basically forming a unit that no-one else in the world has quite the collective understanding of that your family does.

As someone that’s seen both my kids grow to adulthood, and be people that I genuinely like being around, I can honestly say that it has been the most edifying experience of my life.

I can also say that while we normally get on, arguing with Adult Unit #1 ranks among the most terrifying experiences of my life. Huge grats and good luck, @bearsy and all budding parents.

5 Likes

Ah ffs Pap stop with the emotive bollocks.

The only reason to have kids is so they can look after you & wheel you to the Rockstone when you get to Eric’s age

5 Likes