Southampton FC - League Cup History

LC Semi Final v Leeds 79. Away leg

Seem to remember the game being postponed several times, luckily well in advance due to snow and ice, which meant I couldn’t go in the end due to work. Had to endure Radio Solent updates every 15 mins and goal flashes during some thing like a Country and Western scheduled programme. brilliant comeback from 2 down. Managed to go to the home leg, down near the cage corner of East Stand and Archers. Great view of just how close Terry Curran came to blazing over the cross bar from 2 inches out :grimacing: Masterstroke by Lawrie playing Manny andruszewski to man mark play maker Tony Curie. Worked a treat. Saw somebody mention on one of the sites, maybe Reed could get the same job if Coutinho plays. Seems a good shout to me.

2nd trip to Wembley (3rd if you include Charity shield - unbelievable stuff) in 3 years

… this is why Lawrie has to be the best Saints Manager ever.

2015/16

Southampton 1-6 Liverpool

this has to be the worse of ALL.

Well with the next episode of quarter final fails just around the corner, I thought I would revive this thread.

Get your money on Arsenal! Maybe?

So in short this reinforces Bazza’s statement of the size and our lack of success?

Well if we had drawn Leeds at home it would have been more favourable! But we are poor in this compition when it comes to the quarter finals! But Arsenal away, does not help much! Just hoping for the reserve/youth team as Arsenal focus on the league. It is the cup so who knows?

Voted down, on what grounds? I have produced the evidence. If I am wrong after the game then come back and vote me down all you like.

I’ll be there. Drinking to forget.

Fucking Andy Ritchie. And Roger Milford - played 6 minutes of injury time - fuck knows where he got that from.

Benali own goal at the Milton end. Everyone knew we would lose on plastic!

So this time?

Looking at Arsenal’s recent record against premier league teams in this, not that great either!

Arsenal’s last three home League Cup games against Premier League opposition have ended in defeat, with just one goal scored.

The Gunners have progressed from just one of their last five League Cup quarter-finals, last doing so in 2010-11 with a 2-0 win over Wigan.

Woohoo, we are in our first semi in the league cup, since we played… Liverpool in the 80’s.

1 Like